Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 02:34 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times

Advertisements

She is not going to testify, watch and see. The Democrat left people are liars to the very center most part of their being. There is literally no lie they will not tell.
Senate staff says hearing terms 'non-negotiable'

Senate Judiciary Committee staff have written lawyers for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, and said they would do everything they could to "provide a safe, comfortable, and dignified forum" for her testimony Thursday. But they also say the committee will decide who testifies, in what order and how they will be questioned.

In an email exchange between the committee and Ford's lawyers obtained by The Associated Press, a counsel for Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley wrote that the terms over which witnesses to call and questioning are "non-negotiable." Ford's lawyers asked for several conditions surrounding her testimony.

Davis wrote that they would hold the hearing in the Judiciary panel's regular hearing room, which is small. He said that was to avoid a "circus" atmosphere.
She and the Democrats of course will not be allowed to dictate the terms of the hearing. The Republicans have decided to have a female special counsel ask the questions, which will pretty well eliminate the identity politics and the woman's card from these proceedings. Also, Ford's story really could not be any weaker than it is. What evidence there is, is the people she named as witnesses testifying that she is completely wrong. Beyond that, there is literally no evidence at all.

She does not want to testify and the Democrats do not want her to testify. As it stands, she is the only one who has refused to do so. What they are doing now is making a mockery of these hearings and engaging in delaying tactics. At the end of the day, she will not testify.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 09-23-2018 at 02:45 PM..

Old 09-23-2018, 02:37 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
She is not going to testify, watch and see. These people are liars to the very center most part of their being. There is literally no lie they will not tell.
Senate staff says hearing terms 'non-negotiable'

Senate Judiciary Committee staff have written lawyers for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, and said they would do everything they could to "provide a safe, comfortable, and dignified forum" for her testimony Thursday. But they also say the committee will decide who testifies, in what order and how they will be questioned.

In an email exchange between the committee and Ford's lawyers obtained by The Associated Press, a counsel for Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley wrote that the terms over which witnesses to call and questioning are "non-negotiable." Ford's lawyers asked for several conditions surrounding her testimony.

Davis wrote that they would hold the hearing in the Judiciary panel's regular hearing room, which is small. He said that was to avoid a "circus" atmosphere.
She and the Democrats of course will not be allowed to dictate the terms of the hearing. The Republicans have decided to have a female special counsel ask the questions, which will pretty well eliminate the identity politics and the woman's card from these proceedings. Also, Ford's story really could not be any weaker than it is. What evidence there is, is the people she named as witnesses testifying that she is completely wrong. Beyond that, there is literally no evidence at all.

She does not want to testify and the Democrats do not want her to testify. As it stands, she is the only one who has not. She will not.

Many times female lawyers are actually harsher on women than men

So the Dems demands that “old white men” shouldn’t be allowed to Question her could backfire greatly

Old 09-23-2018, 02:43 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
I gotta admit...this statement just doesn't make much sense. I'm wondering if the poster actually gave any thought to it at all before hitting the send button.
Why would Kavanaugh not want a thorough investigation to clear his name? That makes perfect sense to me.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:45 PM

30,638 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
If this were July I would agree. Unfortunately, it is not July. Diane Feinstein let that train run.
Yep. You cannot hold a letter for months for the snaky, disgusting, openly partisan purpose of producing an "October" Surprise, then demand a full investigation.

Note, the 4th named person that Dr. Ford claims was at the party denies attending the "party."

Quote:
In written testimony sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee, a third named witness has rejected the allegations made by Judge Kavanaugh’s accuser. Having been asked by a Senate staffer to comment on the charges advanced against the nominee, a lawyer for Leland Ingham Keyser wrote:

"Simply put, Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford."

Under 18 U.S.C § 1001, letters to the Judiciary Committee are subject to criminal penalty if false.
https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...s-allegations/

Note, Leland Ingham Keyser is a lifelong friend of Dr. Ford. https://www.weeklystandard.com/john-...with-kavanaugh

This story continues to fall apart.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:48 PM

30,638 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Why would Kavanaugh not want a thorough investigation to clear his name? That makes perfect sense to me.
What's there to investigate?

Dr. Ford says she told no one of the alleged incident until decades after the fact when she told her husband and her shrink.

Every person Dr. Ford has said was at the party says that they were never there (including a lifelong friend of Ford's).

I know that Dems like to hold a letter with such serious allegations for months (thanks Diane Feinstein) and then demand a full investigation. But that's not how things work or should work. You come to the table honestly and with integrity and then we can talk. Honestly, with what we do know now, engaging this issue any differently than we are doing now would give too much credit to a story and process that is proving to be a farce.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:50 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Every decent person will do anything to prevent a rapist from be in SCOTUS. If they know that he is a rapist, they must testify. If not, they are cowards, traitors and misogynists.
Rapist? What candidate for SCOTUS is charged with rape. Seriously, you are beyond ridiculous.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:53 PM

5,741 posts, read 4,699,967 times
My wife had a girl-friend over earlier today. I asked them what they thought about this situation.

Mind you, both women are "soccer-moms" from the suburbs, and both lean left, but don't pay much attention to politics. My wife also grew up in Maryland, and went to an all-girls prep school close to where both Blasey-Ford and Kavanaugh lived and went to school.

Both women said they'd like to give Blasey-Ford the benefit of the doubt, "as a woman", but they can't. They don't believe her for two reasons.

1. The timing. Feinstein holding onto the letter until after the Kavanaugh hearings, and only mentioning the allegations at the 11th hour show this is a political stunt.

2. All 4 other people she mentioned were at the party that night refute her story. At least one of them would know *something* if this in fact did occur.

I mention this because I think it's pretty reflective of what the average person or suburban soccer-mom who doesn't follow politics all day feels.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:55 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Ford's friend said she BELIEVED. Her. But did not remember going to the party...
Since the friend was not IN THE ROOM according to Dr. Ford she was not an eyewitness
Since Dr. Ford said she didn't tell anyone, it seems likely she didn't tell her friend
The fact that her friend does not remember the party specifically seems par for the course
Judge says he doesn't recall the specifics
He also wrote two books and numerous articles about his being blotto drunk much of the time in high school

Old 09-23-2018, 02:56 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident;53167401
Note, Leland Ingham Keyser is a lifelong friend of Dr. Ford. [url
https://www.weeklystandard.com/john-mccormack/blasey-fords-female-classmate-her-last-alleged-witness-denies-ever-attending-party-with-kavanaugh[/url]

This story continues to fall apart.
What strikes me is not the lack of knowledge on any party or assault but that Keyser never even attended ANY party with Kavenaugh. If I had gone to school, hung out with, met or partied with a future SCOTUS nominee, I do believe we would all recall that fact.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:56 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
My wife had a girl-friend over earlier today. I asked them what they thought about this situation.

Mind you, both women are "soccer-moms" from the suburbs, and both lean left, but don't pay much attention to politics. My wife also grew up in Maryland, and went to an all-girls prep school close to where both Blasey-Ford and Kavanaugh lived and went to school.

Both women said they'd like to give Blasey-Ford the benefit of the doubt, "as a woman", but they can't. They don't believe her for two reasons.

1. The timing. Feinstein holding onto the letter until after the Kavanaugh hearings, and only mentioning the allegations at the 11th hour show this is a political stunt.

2. All 4 other people she mentioned were at the party that night refute her story. At least one of them would know *something* if this in fact did occur.

I mention this because I think it's pretty reflective of what the average person or suburban soccer-mom who doesn't follow politics all day feels.
Along the same lines, here is a CNN panel of women commenting on their concerns about these allegations against Brett Kavanaugh:

If CNN cannot even hustle up a panel of women to support this Democrat party orchestrated smear campaign, then that tells us a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies