Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 08:24 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
more baseless accusations from the left. getting old.
It is not baseless it can be verified that judge Kavanaugh stated he believes a sitting president shouldn't be indicted so where is it baseless in your opinion?

Old 09-25-2018, 08:26 AM

1,885 posts, read 3,403,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

To those who posted that Ford was a liar because no one else was making similar claims, well, here we are.

One by one, women are stepping up to report his deviant behavior.

Kavanaugh's defense is that he was virgin in high school and for many years after. Which, even if true, is no wonder given his approach to seduction.
That I actually do believe, but Kavanaugh’s carefully crafted Fox interview didn’t sway me in either direction.

The strategy is a portrayal of bible study, sterility and Vienna Boys Choir-like wholesomeness during his HS/College years. But according to his roommate, those years were more likely spent tootsie rolling up and down the Bos-Wash corridor between studies and drankin.’

Old 09-25-2018, 08:27 AM

45,398 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
It is not baseless it can be verified that judge Kavanaugh stated he believes a sitting president shouldn't be indicted so where is it baseless in your opinion?
If there's one thing I've learned working with a couple different government attorneys over the last 30 years is that words have meaning.

One is that there is a difference between "shall" and "may". "Shouldn't" is different than "can't"

Old 09-25-2018, 08:28 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Whether one believes Kavanaugh or Dr. Ford doesn't seem to matter to Mitch Mcconnell. He just wants to "plow through" to get Judge Kavanaugh confirmed.
Without an investigation when Kavanaugh is confirmed it will hang over him forever.

Not necessarily he could be impeached, hopefully with that scumbag McConnell ! Also, let's not ever forget how the Republicans did not want to release Kavaugh's files and still have not released about 3,000!

Kavanaugh's yearbook shows so much about his character, but anyone who doesn't even hesitate to lie under oath, you know has serious character flaws!

Kavanaugh’s Yearbook Page Is ‘Horrible, Hurtful’ to a Woman It Named
The word “Renate” appears at least 14 times in Georgetown Preparatory School’s 1983 yearbook, on individuals’ pages and in a group photo of nine football players, including Judge Kavanaugh, who were described as the “Renate Alumni.” It is a reference to Renate Schroeder, then a student at a nearby Catholic girls’ school.
Two of Judge Kavanaugh’s classmates say the mentions of Renate were part of the football players’ unsubstantiated boasting about their conquests.

Kavanaugh

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 09-25-2018 at 09:11 AM..

Old 09-25-2018, 08:31 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDeKalb View Post
That I actually do believe, but Kavanaugh’s carefully crafted Fox interview didn’t sway me in either direction.

The strategy is a portrayal of bible study, sterility and Vienna Boys Choir-like wholesomeness during his HS/College years. But according to his roommate, those years were more likely spent tootsie rolling up and down the Bos-Wash corridor between studies and drankin.’
Wait. Stop the presses!

Kavanaugh drank beer in college?

This is an outrage! How could he? And what has this country become if this sort of behavior is tolerated? Beer should obviously be outlawed and students caught drinking it should be expelled at once. This sort of debauchery cannot be allowed to stand!

Old 09-25-2018, 08:35 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Dog & pony show continues. Next up, Kavanaugh called somebody a name on the 2nd grade playground.
Because a sexual assault is exactly the same as an insult

Old 09-25-2018, 08:38 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Not necessarily he could be impeached, hopefully with that scumbag McConnell !

Kavanaugh's yearbook shows so much about his character, but anyone who doesn't even hesitate to lie under oath, you know has serious character flaws!

Kavanaugh’s Yearbook Page Is ‘Horrible, Hurtful’ to a Woman It Named
The word “Renate” appears at least 14 times in Georgetown Preparatory School’s 1983 yearbook, on individuals’ pages and in a group photo of nine football players, including Judge Kavanaugh, who were described as the “Renate Alumni.” It is a reference to Renate Schroeder, then a student at a nearby Catholic girls’ school.

Two of Judge Kavanaugh’s classmates say the mentions of Renate were part of the football players’ unsubstantiated boasting about their conquests.

Kavanaugh
I saw that, and I was appalled. Interestingly, the woman initially signed her name to a letter of support for Kavanaugh, but she has now withdrawn that support and is refusing to comment further other than to confirm her hurt and confusion.

My teenage son brought it up at breakfast this morning, asking why the yearbook advisor would have allowed something like that to go to print. I wish I'd had a good answer for him.

Old 09-25-2018, 08:38 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Because a sexual assault is exactly the same as an insult
No but a lie is a lie

Old 09-25-2018, 08:40 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I saw that, and I was appalled. Interestingly, the woman initially signed her name to a letter of support for Kavanaugh, but she has now withdrawn that support and is refusing to comment further other than to confirm her hurt and confusion.

My teenage son brought it up at breakfast this morning, asking why the yearbook advisor would have allowed something like that to go to print. I wish I'd had a good answer for him.
So a grown woman is hurt over something that was written 30+ years ago in a yearbook? Yeah she's not a kook.

Old 09-25-2018, 08:42 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Dog & pony show continues. Next up, Kavanaugh called somebody a name on the 2nd grade playground.
Parading his daughters team mates into his hearings is creepy and trying to cover for his despicable lifetime proclivities toward women...don't even want to think of the image of elementary school girls and Bart O Kavenaugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies