Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 08:25 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Chuck Shumer and the Democrats not only planned, orchestrated and directed the funding of this outrageous behavior, they also apparently wanted to make sure that their most psychiatrically unhinged supporters knew that they planned, orchestrated and directed the funding of this petulant and highly uncivil conduct.

Oh look! A story with NO source and NO factual support

Fake News!

Old 09-06-2018, 08:26 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I am convinced that you really believe this. But Roe v Wade is a relatively modern ruling - only 1973. 45 years ago, abortion was indeed a criminal act in most locations. It's not a stretch of the imagination at all to see this ruling overturned, and for many States to enact legislation to make abortion illegal.

Here's a reminder of what it was like before Roe v Wade.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...v-wade-697382/

Seems to me that you are the one wailing and crying. Most people understand that the Supreme Court could very well overturn this ruling, what makes you think that can't or won't happen? This is reality.
A state has every right to make anything illegal it chooses to if it's not covered under the Fed responsibilities. That's how it's supposed to work. Don't like the laws? Move.

Old 09-06-2018, 08:26 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Confirming Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court would deal our nation one of the worst blows in our history. Trump could use a conservative majority to control everything in the country. The puppet court would take down any law or legal decision, regardless of its merits, if Trump gave them orders. That nomination has to be blocked or we are finished.

Calm down, I am an independent and no such thing will happen.

"Nomination has to be blocked" - get a grip. It is not going to happen with a repub president and a republican controlled senate. You should have thought about these things before nominating that stupid Hillary as your nominee. Once you did that you were finished. Also, you let Harry Reid change the rules and now it is coming to bite you in the .....

Old 09-06-2018, 08:29 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
I wonder how many more PAID loons are going to interrupt the hearings today? None of the Democrats planned on voting for the candidate before they even knew much about him so why on earth does all this theater matter?
I wonder if the public will ever know who paid these loons along with who's providing all the "protesters" outside the hearings?

What's really absurd is those Senators that are today claiming "this is a very solemn process" after all the theater they've participated in over the last 2 days.

I did love one Senator who said on the subject of demanding they make the candidate's emails public "fine, we should pass a rule making ALL the Senators emails that have anything to do with this hearing public in the interest of full disclosure". GREAT IDEA!

Old 09-06-2018, 08:31 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,931,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
A state has every right to make anything illegal it chooses to if it's not covered under the Fed responsibilities. That's how it's supposed to work. Don't like the laws? Move.
Absolutely it does. They have every right to pass any laws they wish as long as they pass Constitutional muster. But then again, the citizens of this country have every right to raise hell if they don't like that law. I understand that it would be more convenient and pleasant for you if those that disagree with you simply move. No one will be moving anywhere, because Americans have the courage of their convictions.

Old 09-06-2018, 08:35 AM

37,219 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Teach them to use a ***** or keep their legs closed. Problem solved.
Another great option would be to castrate deadbeat dads who miss a child support payment. Don't you agree...?

Old 09-06-2018, 08:36 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Bingo.

Yes - Kavanaugh is an anti-abortion zealot and yes - there are states that would most certainly make abortion illegal.
Baloney. Even it they did, there is always the next state over. Abortions should be expensive and paid for by the man.

Old 09-06-2018, 08:39 AM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Confirming Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court would deal our nation one of the worst blows in our history. Trump could use a conservative majority to control everything in the country. The puppet court would take down any law or legal decision, regardless of its merits, if Trump gave them orders. That nomination has to be blocked or we are finished.
Paranoid and fear monger much? Guess you are finished then because he's going to be nominated.

Old 09-06-2018, 08:39 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,839,619 times
The whole thing is a circus. The vote is pre-determined. Everyone knows he will be confirmed. The proceedings are just being used for grandstanding and campaigning. The lady from Hawaii was the worst that I heard in this regard. "I am just going to make a speech to please my voting base. I may toss in a question here and there so my speeches do not get interrupted, but I am not going to allow you to answer - this is my speech time, you just be quiet. I do not get much opportunity to speak in a nationally reported venue."

Old 09-06-2018, 08:40 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,987,069 times
Did everyone see the protester holding a sign being interviewed? When asked why he doesn't like the guy, he replied "I'm just here to hold the sign." Haha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies