Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 12:47 PM

30,640 posts, read 18,235,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Oh hold your breath there spartacus.

Woman has come forwarded. There is an official complaint made in 2012 - long before Kavannaugh was appointed AND...she has taken a lie detect test.

Maybe not the big smear campaign you thought it was...well wait it is a smear on his character but maybe it wasn't all made up just in the last few months right?
What "official complaint" was made in 2012? I read that she first "reported" the alleged incident to her husband or shrink during that time.

All in all, it is beyond ridiculous that Dems are trying to derail this nomination with an account that will NEVER be substantiated and that goes against all of the other character references we have for Kavanaugh. More shameful, however, is that Diane Feinstein has had this account for months, and then decides to drop it as an 11th hour surprise.

Note, if this nomination is derailed, it actually wouldn't be the worse thing as it would ensure that the Supreme Court was an issue going into the 2018 midterms.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:48 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Oh hold your breath there spartacus.

Woman has come forwarded. There is an official complaint made in 2012 - long before Kavannaugh was appointed AND...she has taken a lie detect test.

Maybe not the big smear campaign you thought it was...well wait it is a smear on his character but maybe it wasn't all made up just in the last few months right?
The woman states he attacked her, and she was rescued by another man at the party, Mark Judge.

Mark Judge states it didn't happen.

I think it's time to let this one go. When the "hero" of the story says it didn't happen, it likely didn't.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/na...0-340182f7b893

Old 09-16-2018, 12:50 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The woman states he attacked her, and she was rescued by another man at the party, Mark Judge.

I think it's time to let this one go. When the "hero" of the story says it didn't happen, it likely didn't.

There is nothing that says Mark Judge was being a hero -- he jumped on the bed --- -- he denies it because he was there and participating.

Ford said she was able to escape when Kavanaugh’s friend and classmate at Georgetown Preparatory School, Mark Judge, jumped on top of all them, sending all three of them tumbling. She said she ran from the room, briefly locked herself in a bathroom and then fled from the house.

Oh goodness gracious -- why would this woman report this in 2012

Why?

Let's have Mark Judge take a lie detector.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

I ccan't believe you read that article and somehow got that she said this Judge guy was a hero.

He was a friend -- one of the guys standing around watching.

How can you tag him a hero.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:53 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Kavanaugh's accuser has gone public, she's a 51 year old Stanford University professor who has already taken a lie detector test:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.20b2a5e7c74f
Wow. So in 2012 she thought he might be a Supreme Court Justice nominee one day?? How insightful, forward thinking and credible.

That last line was sarcasm by the way. Who wouldn’t believe a California college professor?

Sarcasm again.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
What "official complaint" was made in 2012? I read that she first "reported" the alleged incident to her husband or shrink during that time.

All in all, it is beyond ridiculous that Dems are trying to derail this nomination with an account that will NEVER be substantiated and that goes against all of the other character references we have for Kavanaugh. More shameful, however, is that Diane Feinstein has had this account for months, and then decides to drop it as an 11th hour surprise.

Note, if this nomination is derailed, it actually wouldn't be the worse thing as it would ensure that the Supreme Court was an issue going into the 2018 midterms.
You are right -- it was an official police report -- it was in a therapist session --

I apologize.

And the name wasn't mentioned by the details were the exact same.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post

You are right -- I overstated the 'official' report -- she reported it to her therapist.

Point is --it is hard not to believe that this incident happened.

For the record...I'm not sure that is a life sentence for this guy. The behavior is not acceptable -- but he was in high school -- not even college, not even law school.

If there are no other allegations -- it could mean he did this one -- and many people have done one thing in their life they are truly sorry for and not indicative of their character.

I am speaking to the assumption she is lying.

It doesn't sound like she is.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:59 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
We know how white male Republicans are, they parade their family before us and then say "they love God." They want us to think they are heterosexual and are honorable men who have morals. But, really this is nothing but a facade of who they really are, Judge Kavanaugh is no exception.

I was right!

Old 09-16-2018, 01:01 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
You are right -- I overstated the 'official' report -- she reported it to her therapist.

For the record...I'm not sure that is a life sentence for this guy. The behavior is not acceptable -- but he was in high school -- not even college, not even law school.

If there are no other allegations -- it could mean he did this one -- and many people have done one thing in their life they are truly sorry for and not indicative of their character.

The problem is the timing is suspicious (to say the least) and then to say that she was thinking “this guy might one day be nominated for the SCOTUS” is just unbelievable.

Old 09-16-2018, 01:03 PM

30,640 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:

Fair enough . . . I was just trying to make sure I didn't miss anything!

And I may agree that she sounds credible. The problem is that Kavanaugh seems credible, too IMO, and nothing else exists in his history to suggest that he is anything but honorable. Still, all in all, I maintain that it was reckless of Feinstein (and is reckless of the media) to report on something that is never going to be substantiated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies