Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 05:50 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Let's get the Federal Govt out of the Health care business.
John McCain had a plan.

Old 09-05-2018, 05:52 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Good lord man, there's a video of her taking cash and getting arrested. It's the same woman, same dress. You're talking about 2 photos taken by different cameras in different light and both are cell phones. There's tons of media there, it was confirmed to be the same women.

This is some Alex Jones level crazy you're showing here.

Nah, just was saying the dresses look different, with one having blue. But read my post right above your response.

Old 09-05-2018, 05:54 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Look at the photo. It's cash. They evade paying taxes on it.
Of course they do. Just like so many people do, one way or another. Meanwhile my ass gets taxed over 30% and I get nothing but the standard deduction. Sigh...

Old 09-05-2018, 05:57 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby
I was going for the 55-57 - BUT, Chuck Schumer received a threatening letter this morning, signed by 10 Leftist Activist Groups - instructing him to make sure that not a single Democrat was to be allowed to Vote for Judge Kavanaugh.

Think about that for a minute and then make sure you remember it.
"allowed to vote by Chuck Schumer" ..... that's the way it works under Pelosi & Schumer.

Democrats do exactly what they are told. Keep your eye on the supposedly new Moderate Democrat from Alabama - Senator Doug Jones, who PROMISED that Schumer would NOT tell him how to vote.

IF Doug Jones votes NO on Kavanaugh ....... you know he lied. This is a real test for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
There is at least 1, possibly 2, maybe 3 Dems that don't give a rats butt what Schumer says to them. These are old timers in purple states. Jones might be the 3rd dem vote. But, don't hold your breath.
I was a little surprised that nobody asked me about the Letter that Schumer received this morning.
Either they believe me without the LINK or nobody cares.

Liberal groups knock Schumer’s handling of Kavanaugh nomination |Politico - 9/5/18

“It is wrong to assume that a no vote on Kavanaugh puts red-state Democrats in electoral peril or somehow protects them from Republican attacks,” they write. “Anything less than 49 Democratic votes against Kavanaugh would be a massive failure of your leadership. We hope you won’t let us down.”

Translation = You better make sure that NOT A SINGLE DEMOCRAT votes for the Confirmation of Kavanaugh.

The Letter - The Supreme Court is on the line, and you are failing us.

Your job as Senate Democratic leader is to lead your caucus in complete opposition to Trump's attempted Supreme Court takeover and to defend everyone threatened by a Trump Supreme Court. But unbelievably, nearly two dozen Democrats have still not come out against Kavanaugh, and just last week, you helped Majority Leader Mitch McConnell fast track 15 Trump judicial nominees. That is not the leadership we need.

If you hold your caucus together, you force them to have to make a real choice, with very real consequences for their constituents. If you fail, you let them off the hook.

The Democratic Party's progressive base expects nothing less than all-out resistance to Trump's dangerous agenda. They want to elect candidates who will stand up for the people Trump threatens, not ones who compromise or cower as he and Republicans run the table in Congress and the courts. They understand the stakes of this Supreme Court fight. They know that we can win, but only if you lead. And they know that anything less than 49 Democratic votes against Kavanaugh would be a massive failure of your leadership.

We hope you won't let us down,

CREDO
Democracy for America Indivisible
UltraViolet
350.org
Color Of Change DailyKos
Demand Progress Friends of the Earth Justice Democrats Social Security Works #VOTEPROCHOICE Women's March

So what does that tell us?

It tells us that just about ANY/EVERY Democrat that Votes against Judge Kavanaugh bows down to the Orders of Chuck Schumer, just as they bow down to the Orders of Nancy Pelsoi.

Pay Attention to who votes for what .... under the Orders of "who".

Old 09-05-2018, 06:02 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
But it doesnt look like they are buying off people to protest this they are just paying for the expenses.
Let me guess: You also have a subscription to Playboy just so you can read the articles, right?

Old 09-05-2018, 06:04 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I don't support or have sympathy for the protesters. But this unsubstantiated allegation is always trotted out whenever anti-conservative protests happen.

There's photos & video of it.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...of-cash-video/

Old 09-05-2018, 06:06 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Let me guess: You also have a subscription to Playboy just so you can read the articles, right?

Let me guess, you know all about this sort of thing?

Again, read the CNN report I linked. It doesnt sound like they had any issue finding enough volunteers at all. I dont think they needed to pay anything to be honest. People ARE pissed. And this sort of thing is the sort of thing people do.

I would love to see a breakdown of their spending here though.

Old 09-05-2018, 06:12 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
again, apparently I need to be more precise. In one photo the alleged person has a blue, black, and white patter on their dress. In the other its just a black and white pattern. This is not exactly rocket science folks.
Give it up man! You’re not convincing anyone.

Old 09-05-2018, 06:13 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Plenty of folks are well aware that Kavanagh is a tool inserted by far right groups to decide in favor of corporatists and Trump if need be. Many patriotic Americans will gladly protest this guy for zero compensation.
Then why are they paying them?

Old 09-05-2018, 06:13 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times
Dems flailing, trying their best to gin up fake outrage. It won’t work, just like their failed opposition to the Tax Cuts/Jobs bill. Moderate red state Dems better get on board or lose their seats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies