Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 09:06 AM

11,403 posts, read 4,106,155 times

Advertisements

Question for Trump supporters: What is more important for you? Winning 2018 mid-terms? Or getting Kavanaugh confirmed?

Because if you get one, you probably won't get the other.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:07 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,183,868 times
Default Kavanaugh accuser has a reason to dislike him.....

https://af-mg.com/2018/09/17/breakin...was-the-judge/

Old 09-17-2018, 09:08 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,114,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Credible? This is a 35 year ago he said/she said story.
She documented the incident six years ago, long before she knew Kavanaugh would be up for a SC seat. That gives her credibility.

She passed a polygraph.
That gives her credibility.

She wants to testify under oath.
That gives her credibility.

Why are you afraid to hear what she has to say?

Old 09-17-2018, 09:08 AM

37,313 posts, read 60,041,033 times
It is certainly within the realm of possibility that this was the only time that Kavanaugh tried this move on a girl...
Maybe it was a dare from his buddy who seems like a real POS
Maybe he was insecure about approaching girls and this was his way of proving he was mantastic...

I don't really care except that they give her a hearing and treat her with respect
Which I think is about as realistic an event as me winning the lottery...

But I do think if they offer her the opportunity to speak, THEIR behavior toward her becomes a litmus test for how they expose their own prejudices and mysogyny
Which can only work to the Dems advantage...
There is a way and manner to question someone you don't believe that does not turn the questioner into an a-hole
That was evident in Kavanaugh's hearing when Hawaiian Senator Mazie Hirono sliced and diced Kavanaugh's decisions on native Hawaiians' rights...

Personally I don't think Grassley and Hatch can hold it together if she is poised and focused and comes across as a credible witness..nor Kennedy who is cracker personified...

They won't give her any credit and change their vote no matter how credible her story hangs together...
BUT they certainly won't do themselves any good in their home states w/female voters I think if they show the same animosity to THIS woman they showed to Anita Hill.

Two men on the GOP side--Sasse and Flake--have made noises about viewing Trump as poor leader and lacking credibility---
Flake especially could put a stop to the GOP strong arming Kavanaugh through vs giving access to the material in question
That is all about protecting him from a charge of lying under oath--
Because the documentation that he DID is lying in those sequestered documents...
He knows it
The GOP leadership knows it
The Dems know it

And the American public who cares should understand this is not about putting a great judge on the Supreme Court who exemplifies strong legal knowledge
It is about putting in a shill who would sell his mother if it meant moving ahead
He did it before and he wil certainly do it again--his vote is for sale...

Old 09-17-2018, 09:10 AM

37,313 posts, read 60,041,033 times
It is certainly within the realm of possibility that this was the only time that Kavanaugh tried this move on a girl...
Maybe it was a dare from his buddy who seems like a real POS
Maybe he was insecure about approaching girls and this was his way of proving he was mantastic...

I don't really care except that they give her a hearing and treat her with respect
Which I think is about as realistic an event as me winning the lottery...

But I do think if they offer her the opportunity to speak, THEIR behavior toward her becomes a litmus test for how they expose their own prejudices and mysogyny
Which can only work to the Dems advantage...
There is a way and manner to question someone you don't believe that does not turn the questioner into an a-hole
That was evident in Kavanaugh's hearing when Hawaiian Senator Mazie Hirono sliced and diced Kavanaugh's decisions on native Hawaiians' rights...

Personally I don't think Grassley and Hatch can hold it together if she is poised and focused and comes across as a credible witness..nor Kennedy who is cracker personified...

They won't give her any credit and change their vote no matter how credible her story hangs together...
BUT they certainly won't do themselves any good in their home states w/female voters I think if they show the same animosity to THIS woman they showed to Anita Hill.

Two men on the GOP side--Sasse and Flake--have made noises about viewing Trump as poor leader and lacking credibility---
Flake especially could put a stop to the GOP strong arming Kavanaugh through vs giving access to the material in question
That is all about protecting him from a charge of lying under oath--
Because the documentation that he DID is lying in those sequestered documents...
He knows it
The GOP leadership knows it
The Dems know it

And the American public who cares should understand this is not about putting a great judge on the Supreme Court who exemplifies strong legal knowledge
It is about putting in a shill who would sell his mother if it meant moving ahead
He did it before and he wil certainly do it again--his vote is for sale...
And that is likely one reason he is meeting with Trump right now
The oath of loyalty--kissing the ring and the ass--to prove his willingness to do anything the GOP leaders want done...

16,375 posts, read 22,549,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
https://twitter.com/Larry_Beech/stat...19668966645761

However, I wonder why Christine Blasey Ford had all scrubbed her social media accounts if she have nothing to hide?

Nothing burger. A judge in a foreclosure case is basically signing off on paperwork. There's no unexpected decision for/against the defendant in a foreclosure case. Everyone knows the expected outcome and the pre-foreclosure process goes on for many months before the final foreclosure. It's basically a real estate transaction.

11,403 posts, read 4,106,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Exactly. The GOP is between a rock and a hard place with this issue because the mid-term election is around the corner. They don't want to T off women voters of ALL parties by brushing this aside. On the other hand,they want to rush to vote for Kavanaugh because they hid all those documents and they want to get him voted in before the truth about the documents is exposed.
Wow, that's a very good point. This has totally skipped my mind since the sexual assault allegations.

Now that Brett Kavanaugh has been accused of sexual assault by a woman who has passed a lie-detector test, that's all the more reason that the tens of thousands (literally) of documents that GOP is blocking be released to the public. The American people demand it.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:11 AM

7,248 posts, read 4,584,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Credible? This is a 35 year ago he said/she said story.
Is this going to happen now to every man that promises to hold a certain vision of the constitution? We need to end this here.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:12 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,333,065 times
Other than the sexual assault?

Old 09-17-2018, 09:13 AM

23,176 posts, read 12,299,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Question for Trump supporters: What is more important for you? Winning 2018 mid-terms? Or getting Kavanaugh confirmed?

Because if you get one, you probably won't get the other.

From a political standpoint, getting the SCOTUS nomination confirmed. Winning mid-terms lasts for 2 years, controlling SCOTUS lasts decades.

And the confirmation is the only one the GOP can definitively control. Give that up and you might not get either. So from a logical standpoint, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies