Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 09:45 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Juanita Broaddrick accused a sitting President of rape.....that former President is walking free......should the FBI open a case also? Her case NEVER BEEN litigated or investigated. Her records are still sealed. Only NBC investigated.

why aren't democrats pushing for an FBI investigation on Bill Clinton?.....this didn't happened when Bill was in high school.....he did this as an adult and attorney general of Arkansas.

shouldn't all women be heard and believe?

Because Juanita kept changing her story. She denied it and agreed it happened and then denied it again.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:46 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletwinkle22 View Post
I am glad (from short reading here) that no one has personally attacked Ms. Blasey Ford.
I think many people do think it happened the way she said. I do.
And I think it's possible both boys (Kavanaugh and Judge) were so drunk they cannot remember it.
Both say they cannot remember this event.
That does not excuse it. At all.
I do not know Ms. Blasey Ford except that I met her when she was either 16 or 17. She was a quiet, somewhat shy person then. Never met her again until I recognized her photograph the media took from her yearbook.

Why the rush to put someone in a lifetime appointment?
Why not take the time to look into this matter. Is someone afraid more bad news will come out?
That's the million dollar question. And I believe you hit the answer in your last line there. That's why they want to keep 100,000 documents of his tenure in the Bush White House from being seen until after he's confirmed, when it will be too late to do anything about it.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:47 AM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,783,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
They absolutely do. That is part of their extensive background check. This would be simply an extension of what they do.

They do? This is what a background check entails:

Criminal Record Check

Credit History Report

FBI Fingerprint Check

In addition due to his position in the WH Judge Kavanaugh went through this:

Top Security Clearance

A security clearance is the ultimate FBI background check. It's required for all employees who have a "need-to-know" status with national security information, classified at the Confidential or Secret level. This includes people who work for government contractors who have access to national security data. Along with criminal and credit history, security clearance background checks include interviews with friends, relatives and neighbors of prospective employees. These interviews are conducted in person by an FBI agent. Top Secret clearance includes all the requirements at the Secret level and a background investigation covering a 10-year time period.

What more do you want? The only thing the FBI can do is to talk with Ford, Kavanaugh and the single witness that has been identified. Testifying under oath in front of Congress accomplishes the exact same thing.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:48 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletwinkle22 View Post
I am glad (from short reading here) that no one has personally attacked Ms. Blasey Ford.
I think many people do think it happened the way she said. I do.
And I think it's possible both boys (Kavanaugh and Judge) were so drunk they cannot remember it.
Both say they cannot remember this event.
That does not excuse it. At all.
I do not know Ms. Blasey Ford except that I met her when she was either 16 or 17. She was a quiet, somewhat shy person then. Never met her again until I recognized her photograph the media took from her yearbook.

Why the rush to put someone in a lifetime appointment?
Why not take the time to look into this matter. Is someone afraid more bad news will come out?

would you believe in the unicorn if somebody told you they saw one with no evidence and that person can't recall where and when she saw the unicorn?

if I accused you of a crime 4 decades later and I don' remember the house, the date or anything and it's just my word against yours......is it ok to ruin your career and life and reputation on an unproven allegation?.....would you be ok with that.

if Men start doing it to women in power to knock them off, would you be ok with that?

Old 09-19-2018, 09:48 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
That's the million dollar question. And I believe you hit the answer in your last line there. That's why they want to keep 100,000 documents of his tenure in the Bush White House from being seen until after he's confirmed, when it will be too late to do anything about it.
For a lifetime appointment of this magnitude, there should be no stone unturned.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:50 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
For a lifetime appointment of this magnitude, there should be no stone unturned.

so when Bill Clinton a sitting President was accused of Rape by Juanita....shouldn't the FBI investigated the case and democrats demanded it?

funny, how Democrats are.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:50 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Okay. We'd better contact all of his teachers and fellow students since his kindergarten days then.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:53 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,987,069 times
Call me paranoid, but... Could this whole (very recent) METOO movement have been a possible overthrowing of a (probable male) Trump SCOTUS nominee? After all, you HAVE to believe the woman... Accuser's social media history has been scrubbed, but she's rumored to be very active in the left-leaning sect of the Democratic party.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:53 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Same way Kagan's weren't relevant.

In the released documents that related to Elena Kagan, precious little appeared about Paula Jones, even though Kagan was intimately involved in the defense of President Clinton’s sexual harassment lawsuit. Then Senator Jeff Sessions on that:

"The people who decide which documents we get are representatives of President Clinton and President Obama," Sessions said. "Would President Clinton want to release something that could cast him in a bad light? Or would President Obama want to release something that could embarrass his nominee?"

Sessions wasn't the only person to speculate why representatives of Clinton and the White House decided to withhold a plethora of Kagan documents for privacy reasons. The documents withheld include most details about Kagan's work on the Jones scandal, according to Associated Press news articles at the time.
Kagans hearing had 95% of her docs vs less than 10% of Kavanaugs.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:54 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
so when Bill Clinton a sitting President was accused of Rape by Juanita....shouldn't the FBI investigated the case and democrats demanded it?

funny, how Democrats are.
And several others during the "Bimbo eruption" (as Hillary put it). Just wait, you'll be hit with the standard defense lines like "whataboutism,you're deflecting" etc.
Nauseatingly predictable now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies