Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 06:23 PM

50,503 posts, read 64,425,260 times

Advertisements

I’m scared for my husband, my sons, and all men. All a woman needs to do is accuse a man of something, and he is considered guilty of it.

Christine Ford had some “memory” dredged up from 30 years before. We have all heard of psychologists convincing adults that their parents molested them (Roseanne Barr, for one), and children convinced by a vengeful exwife that their father molested them.

I have been positive of a few things in my life, that later proved to be false memories. I’m not even saying Christine Ford is intentionally lying. I’m saying she is remembering inaccurately.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:34 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,446,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
She made an accusation that is severely lacking in probative detail. The salaciousness of the accusation and the odious political climate is what "got her this far".

I posted specifically that it is impossible to know whether she is lying.

Clarence Thomas

Let's keep in mind the words of Dirty Democrat Harry Reid, who justified lying about political opponent Mitt Romney's taxes:

* [Dirty Democrat Harry Reid's] bogus claim created a media firestorm at the time, and earned Reid a “pants on fire“ rating from PolitiFact and “four Pinocchios“ from Washington Post Fact Checker Glenn Kessler, who wrote that Reid “has no basis to make his incendiary claim” and should “hold himself to a high standard of accuracy when making claims about political opponents.”

But Reid has no regrets. “I don’t regret that at all,” he told CNN’s Dana Bash on Tuesday in the interview clip above. “Romney didn’t win did he?

** [Dirty Democrat Harry Reid] has said Romney paid no taxes for 10 years. It was no slip of the tongue. He repeated the claim on at least two more occasions, at one point saying that "the word is out" when in fact it was only Reid who put that "word" out.

[Dirty Democrat Harry Reid] has produced no evidence to back up his claim other than attribution to a shadowy anonymous source. Romney has denied the claim, and tax experts back him up, saying that the nature of Romney's investments in Bain make it highly unlikely he would have been able to avoid paying taxes altogether -- especially for 10 years.

Reid has made an extreme claim with nothing solid to back it up. Pants on Fire!

*** [Dirty Democrat Harry Reid] has generated a lot of controversy with his claim that presumptive GOP nominee did not pay any taxes for 10 years. [Dirty Democrat Harry Reid] originally told the Huffington Post that a person who had invested with Bain Capital had called his office and told him this. Then, [Dirty Democrat Harry Reid] told reporters in Nevada that “I have had a number of people tell me that.”

[Dirty Democrat Harry Reid] has refused to identify his source (or sources). Romney and his campaign aides have emphatically denied the charge but [Dirty Democrat Harry Reid] has stood firm. “I don't think the burden should be on me,” [Dirty Democrat Harry Reid] said. “The burden should be on him. He's the one I've alleged has not paid any taxes.”

This whole exchange poses a fact-checking conundrum. Generally, we maintain that the person or the campaign making the charge must back it up. [Dirty Democrat Harry Reid] has refused to provide any evidence, except for the (unproven) fact that someone called him up and told him something that may be true — or simply a rumor.

4 Pinocchios for [Dirty Democrat Harry Reid's] claim about Mitt Romney’s taxes

*From Huffington Post

**From PolitiFact

***From WP FactChecker

Democrat Motto: The End Justifies the Means
Clarence Thomas es other victims were not allowed to be heard during Anita Hills Republican Committe ordeal to be certain nothing was corroborated.

Republican Motto :
The End Justifies the Means.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:40 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,621,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
She was a high school alcoholic known for sleeping with 54 men before college.
Far from credible.
Victim shaming with lies perpetuated by Alex Jones.

Republicans at their finest.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Clarence Thomas es other victims were not allowed to be heard during Anita Hills Republican Committe ordeal to be certain nothing was corroborated.

Republican Motto :
Indeed. They were turned away. Republicans didn't want any evidence.

Cheats and liars all.

Old 09-22-2018, 07:12 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,130,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Cheats and liars all.
the real cheats and liars are the ones using a phony 36 year old unsubstantiated claim to bring down a Supreme Court nominee

Old 09-22-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
the real cheats and liars are the ones using a phony 36 year old unsubstantiated claim to bring down a Supreme Court nominee
Yeah?

Do you think the Clarence Thomas hearings might have gone a different way had the other women been allowed to come forward?

That said - you have no f'ing clue what happened between the Judge and the Prof. Zero.

Old 09-22-2018, 07:16 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,130,743 times
Quote:
Yeah?

Do you think the Clarence Thomas hearings might have gone a different way had the other women been allowed to come forward?

That said - you have no f'ing clue what happened between the Judge and the Prof. Zero.
then why are libs saying he is a rapist and acting like he is already guilty?

I am basing what I feel based on her totally vague account where she can't even remember the time and place and the suspicious timing

Old 09-22-2018, 07:18 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,125,773 times
Quote:
Yeah?

Even IF something did happen, I am sorry, but he was (allegedly) like 16 years old and DRUNK.

Even IF... it doesn't matter.

What did all these ratb-st-rd sanctimonious Senators do when THEY were drunk and 16, hmm? What did you do when you were 16, hmmm?

Give me a break. This is complete taradiddle, at this point. Utter rubbish, and EVERYONE on the planet knows this.

Old 09-22-2018, 07:23 PM

2,767 posts, read 1,592,587 times
Quote:
There was nothing to corroborate.

Anything they could have added would have been hearsay.

Anita Hill was a Yale Law School graduate and was working at the EEOC when she claims CT "harassed" her.

The EEOC was/is the very Gov't. agency charged with dealing with complaints regarding sexual harassment. She understood better than 99% of the US public the good reason that claims brought many years after the "fact" and without any substantiating evidence of veracity are extremely problematic.

But, encouraged by Democrat political operatives, Anita Hill nonetheless brought an old and unsubstantiated accusation against CT at the 11th hour.

Anita Hill claimed that she did not understand the legal ramifications of quitting work under her boss (CT) or her legal contractual rights as an explanation / excuse for her continuing to follow and remain working under CT, even after the alleged harassment took place.

What should I or anyone believe about unsubstantiated years-old accusations brought by a black, woman Yale Law School attorney working at the EEOC who does not understand her employment contractual rights or the workings of the Sexual Harassment Act as defined at Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

Old 09-22-2018, 07:25 PM

20,135 posts, read 16,253,466 times
Quote:

Republican Motto :
Quote:

Cheats and liars all.

Guess you were too young or weren’t paying attention during that circus. It is not that they weren’t allowed to testify, it’s that many decided it wasn’t a good idea after learning the potential legal repercussions if it was found out they lied. They, like the people listed as Ford’s witnesses, asked not to testify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies