Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 09:23 AM

3,373 posts, read 1,993,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Why the quotation marks around doctor? Regardless of what you may think about her and her story, she DOES have a doctorate in educational psychology from the University of Southern California.
Oh I’m sure that’s all very impressive within the cloistered little echo chamber of academia, but in the real world it’s just another taxpayer funded featherbed.

I would suggest that you not get too starry eyed over these types of credentials and don’t assume that holders of these degrees are above reproach. They are not.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:23 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,646,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
This is why we have courts and why she should hop her butt on a plane and file a complaint in the proper jurisdiction.

BTW, where are you licensed to practice law, nowhere right? Just like me and 99% of the other people on here.
So you know EXACTLY what I do which is little to nothing about what is or isn't. All we can go by is what's available under a basic law search. Unless YOU research the exact decision you are pointing to you've got NO idea if this particular case would or would not fall underneath it nor do you (or I for that matter) know if it'd survive a SCOTUS challenge. Stranger things have and do happen.

So if you want to be honest you and I are technically full of crap and just surmising about what "could" happen with no proof either one is correct.
Here is exactly what she should do.

1. Skip the pretend hearing - Republicans have already said she's lying and they intend to 'plow through' this little 'hiccup".

2. Let them hold their vote on MONDAY and see if the good Judge is confirmed.

3. Go on a media blitz - start with 60 minutes and go from there.

This is my preferred outcome.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:25 AM

20,141 posts, read 16,280,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Stupid post. That would be pointless as YOU well know since the statute of limitations has long expired.
Except, they haven’t. Maryland has no statute of limitations on rape. That has been discussed ad nauseum on every TV channel from FOX to CNN to MSNBC, and of course, all the free public TV channel news.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:26 AM

17,603 posts, read 9,390,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/09/22/p...mpression=true

On Saturday night, her lawyer, Howard Walsh, released a statement to CNN and the Senate Judiciary Committee.

"Simply put," Walsh said, "Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford."
The lawyer acknowledged to CNN that Keyser is a lifelong friend of Ford's.

In addition, two others have issued statements.

"I have no memory of this alleged incident," said Mark Judge in a September 18 letter sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee. He said he did not recall the party and never saw Brett Kavanaugh act in the matter Ford describes.

In addition, Patrick J. Smyth issued a statement.

"I understand that I have been identified by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford as the person she remembers as 'PJ' who supposedly was present at the party she described in her statements to the Washington Post," Smyth said in his statement to the Senate Judiciary Committee. "I am issuing this statement today to make it clear to all involved that I have no knowledge of the party in question; nor do I have any knowledge of the allegations of improper conduct she has leveled against Brett Kavanaugh."

Kavanaugh has also denied being at this party.

Every person Dr. Ford named as being at this alleged party has denied they were at this party, except Dr. Ford.

Official letters from the four people named by Dr. Ford deny any knowledge of what Dr. Ford has alleged.
Those are not "official letters" -- they are sworn statements given to the Investigators that work with the Senate Judicial Committee. All sworn under Penalty of Perjury.

According to the accusations by Ms. Ford there were five people present at the unknown residence, at the unknown time, at the unknown party. Three boys and two girls.

Four of the people Ms. Ford claimed were present, including the accused Judge Brett Kavanaugh, now publicly state they have no knowledge of anything related to the accusation; including no recollection of any attendance at any gathering at a high school party claimed by Ms. Ford.

The only person left claiming attendance to a party; at the unknown time; in the unknown year; at the unknown residence; is the accuser, Mrs. Blasey Ford.

Who’s House? According to her story, there are five teenagers at “the house”. So it has to be one of “their houses”. Yet four of the five have said they don’t have any idea what she’s talking about; it’s not their house… and it’s not Mrs. Ford’s house; so…

This is where we stand -- all people involved according to Dr Lord have sworn under Penalty of Perjury (a statement that Senator Grassley uses in each of his Letters/Statements) that they don't remember any such party and have NEVER seen anything like that concerning Judge Kavanaugh - one of the witnesses says she has never met Brett Kavanaugh. ONLY one person has refused to give a Sworn Statement under penalty of Perjury -- Dr Ford. Senator Feinstein STILL refuses to enter the Letter into evidence OR to allow Senator Grassley or any of the Republican to view it.

Dr Lord has written the Letter that even the FBI were not allowed to view un-redacted.

Dr Lord contacted the Washington Post and set up the interview that made all this public

Dr Lord keeps coming up with excuses to not go under Oath and testify

Dr Lord & her Lawyers came up with the totally bizarre and un-Constitutional "condition" that Judge Kavanaugh would have to Testify FIRST and refute the charges SHE has made -- without even viewing those charges.

Dr Lord has 4 Attorneys -- all of them very Left Wing Political operatives, including:

Lisa Banks - Founding Partner with Debra Katz in their Law Firm of of Katz, Marshall & Banks, LLP, a nationally prominent plaintiffs’ employment law and whistleblower firm. She has successfully litigated employment discrimination cases at the trial court and appellate levels for over twelve years. A former EEOC appellate lawyer, Ms. Banks is nationally recognized as a leading expert in the field of employment law.

Debra Katz -- Katz is a D.C. lawyer who focuses specifically on employment discriminatino, civil rights, and whistleblower protection cases. Debra Katz is vice chair of the Project on Government Oversight - POGO is an organization that has been directly funded by Soros’ Open Society Foundation. She also has ties to the group, Demand Justice, established in 2018 by Brian Fallon from the Obama Administration, gets its money from the Sixteen Thirty Fund — and the Sixteen Thirty Fund received roughly $2.2 million from the Open Society Policy Center, one of Soros’ outlets, between the years of 2012 and 2016.

Michael R. Bromwich -- Former Justice Department’s inspector general during the Clinton administration. He entered federal service again during the Obama administration, serving as the first director of the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management. He represents former deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe.

Ricki Seidman -- She is a long time Attorney and Political Operative. She has been a Key player in 4 Confirmation process of Nominees to the US Supreme Court. She helped defeat Robert Bork, was the Key advisor to Anita Hill in the Clarance Thomas Confirmation, a Key Advisor to Elena Kagan in her Confirmation and is NOW joining with Christine Lord in an attempt to bring down Judge Kavanaugh according to Politico.

This Hit Job on Judge Kavanaugh was well thought out and pre-planned -- but it's now blown up in their faces. Nobody in their right mind ..... that actually means NORMAL PEOPLE believe any part of this anymore.[/url]

Last edited by Kibby; 09-23-2018 at 09:54 AM..

Old 09-23-2018, 09:28 AM

27,819 posts, read 16,335,815 times
Everyone- “let her speak”
Lefty- “stop bullying her”
Intelligence is the victim.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:33 AM

33,638 posts, read 37,321,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Stupid post. That would be pointless as YOU well know since the statute of limitations has long expired.
There is no statute of limitations for sex crimes in Maryland.

4,559 posts, read 1,449,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Oh I’m sure that’s all very impressive within the cloistered little echo chamber of academia, but in the real world it’s just another taxpayer funded featherbed.

I would suggest that you not get too starry eyed over these types of credentials and don’t assume that holders of these degrees are above reproach. They are not.
Yes. Elite Republican degrees of higher education mean maintaining power and wealth. Does not speak to possible character.
Why do you think Donald wants people, preferably men, from ivy schools? Because he wants to hear everyone's ideas and make America intellectual? Trump is a thug.
. Its because they are the most corrupt and corruptible, that's why.

8,665 posts, read 5,883,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I doubt it, this is what women experience when they come forward. It’s never easy to come forward with sexual assault allegations, did anyone believe Cosby’s accusers? How long did it take Fox News to come around.

THANK YOU!

Old 09-23-2018, 09:34 AM

46,447 posts, read 27,325,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Here is exactly what she should do.

1. Skip the pretend hearing - Republicans have already said she's lying and they intend to 'plow through' this little 'hiccup".

2. Let them hold their vote on MONDAY and see if the good Judge is confirmed.

3. Go on a media blitz - start with 60 minutes and go from there.

This is my preferred outcome.

No, here is what she should do, get on a plane, fly to where this happened and file a police report....period end of story. But she won't do that, why?

Old 09-23-2018, 09:37 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,883,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
or course they did.

i wonder what the outrage from the left would be if they were putting a judge on the supreme court charged with sexual misconduct 35? years ago. What do you think we'd be hearing from the press and liberal-inees then?

I don't recall any attempt at cover-up or foaming-at-the-mouth insanity from Dems over Bill Clinton!

N-O-N-E WHATSOEVER!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies