Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 09:06 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I doubt it, this is what women experience when they come forward. It’s never easy to come forward with sexual assault allegations, did anyone believe Cosby’s accusers? How long did it take Fox News to come around.
And they had the advantage of numbers. It's much harder to convince people when its just one victim and therefore a he said she said.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:06 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
A-M-E-N!

“I’m not going to answer that,” Kavanaugh said at one point according to a senior White House official, who said that the questions were designed to go over the line and that he struck the right tone.
‘Incredibly frustrated’: Inside the GOP effort to save Kavanaugh amid assault allegation

Why is he even still a judge after his PERJURY? Because the GOP is the PARTY of Corruption, Liars, and supporters of PEDOPHILES)(Roy Moore),WIFE BEATERS(Rob Portman and SEXUAL ABUSERS (Trump)!
The Dems need to go look in the mirror.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:07 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,302,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The real question I have is how much is influenced by the allegations?
Not much. Kavanaugh came off as somewhat unlikeable in the days of questioning. He’s certainly never a guy who could win the presidency. I couldn’t imagine him in the town hall debates. His interaction with the Parkland father probably hurt him badly as well

Old 09-23-2018, 09:08 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Fox News polls the same way any other poll does. They are based in New York

Anyone that still supports Ford at this point is clearly insane
Nuts or Sluts
Sing it sister

Old 09-23-2018, 09:09 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
The Dems need to go look in the mirror.
Or one could look at the record of indictments, convictions, and jail sentences.

Republicans are the big winners.

Republican administrations are by far the more criminally corrupt administrations and have been for the past fifty some years.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
or course they did.

i wonder what the outrage from the left would be if they were putting a judge on the supreme court charged with sexual misconduct 35? years ago. What do you think we'd be hearing from the press and liberal-inees then?
They need to withdraw their nomination.
Democrats do the right thing.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Or one could look at the record of indictments, convictions, and jail sentences.

Republicans are the big winners.

Republican administrations are by far the more criminally corrupt administrations and have been for the past fifty some years.
Amen to that.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:14 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I doubt it, this is what women experience when they come forward. It’s never easy to come forward with sexual assault allegations, did anyone believe Cosby’s accusers? How long did it take Fox News to come around.
Exactly and I wouldn't even say it is a left or right issue except here where there are political implications since Kavanaugh is a conservative leaning judge named by Trump to the SCOTUS, was a W. Bush appointee to being a federal judge and was one of the key people in the Starr investigation against Bill Clinton. In a general case though, it is simply just a point of view of knowing the parties involved.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:20 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
An even more IGNORANT post. No it has not been allowed in some states.

SCOTUS precedent applies nationally. States have extended their statutes of limitations yes, but retroactive extensions and charges of crimes that have passed out of it have not been allowed since that ruling.

Wiki is hardly the only source of info on that ruling.

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/539/607/
https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/01-1757.ZS.html
This is why we have courts and why she should hop her butt on a plane and file a complaint in the proper jurisdiction.

BTW, where are you licensed to practice law, nowhere right? Just like me and 99% of the other people on here.
So you know EXACTLY what I do which is little to nothing about what is or isn't. All we can go by is what's available under a basic law search. Unless YOU research the exact decision you are pointing to you've got NO idea if this particular case would or would not fall underneath it nor do you (or I for that matter) know if it'd survive a SCOTUS challenge. Stranger things have and do happen.

So if you want to be honest you and I are technically full of crap and just surmising about what "could" happen with no proof either one is correct.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:21 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
or course they did.

i wonder what the outrage from the left would be if they were putting a judge on the supreme court charged with sexual misconduct 35? years ago. What do you think we'd be hearing from the press and liberal-inees then?
No they didn't believe Cosby's accusers. There are plenty of threads right here on CD about Bills' innocence; women wanting fame and money, etc.

So NO - Cosby's accusers were treated the same way.

It's why more women don't come forward.

You just get treated like scum and called every name in the book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies