Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2018, 01:27 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
These leftist are cultural demolition crews, tearing down everything both good and bad to replace with their twisted view of how it should’ve been or should be. If it does not promote their world view it is eliminated. I hate this century.

Sounds more like a POTUS who's tearing down everything done by his predecessor to be replaced with his own twisted views of how it should be done . But yeah let's feign outrage over something really important like a TV show retread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 01:28 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
meh.

another reboot in a lazy attempt to cash-in on nostalgia. might have been interesting to see a version where endora and uncle arthur were gay and darrin was an alcoholic/addict ( because....... they were ) but, besides that, i don't see much point revisiting the concept.

agreed. most reboots dont do well. for instance the original macgyver ran seven seasons and did well in the ratings. the new mcgyver on the other hand went away after one season, because it was garbage.

the newer battlestar galactica had more intrigue than the old one did, but it was also a more complicated story line as well. but it did well, and i regret that at the time i was never able to watch the series from beginning to end, perhaps i will have to buy the dvds and watch it that way.

but this rehashing of bewitched just goes to show that hollywood has no new ideas anymore. so whats next, a new dobie gillis? a new phil silvers show? perhaps they can redo bonanza and gunsmoke. or how about gilligans island and i dream of genie.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:33 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
agreed. most reboots dont do well. for instance the original macgyver ran seven seasons and did well in the ratings. the new mcgyver on the other hand went away after one season, because it was garbage.

the newer battlestar galactica had more intrigue than the old one did, but it was also a more complicated story line as well. but it did well, and i regret that at the time i was never able to watch the series from beginning to end, perhaps i will have to buy the dvds and watch it that way.

but this rehashing of bewitched just goes to show that hollywood has no new ideas anymore. so whats next, a new dobie gillis? a new phil silvers show? perhaps they can redo bonanza and gunsmoke. or how about gilligans island and i dream of genie.

How about Gilligan's Island ruled by a beneficent genie who has Chester as her personal assistant and Little Joe, Adam, and Hoss to do her bidding? And maybe Magnum as her chauffeur?

Old 08-26-2018, 01:44 PM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Black people are taking over. We’re coming for The Dukes of Hazzard next.

Find your safe space, OP!
I think it's already done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA-OvBAlSrc

Old 08-26-2018, 01:48 PM

26,578 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
but this rehashing of bewitched just goes to show that hollywood has no new ideas anymore.

i definitely believe there are new ideas in hollywood....... they just rarely get produced.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:50 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How about Gilligan's Island ruled by a beneficent genie who has Chester as her personal assistant and Little Joe, Adam, and Hoss to do her bidding? And maybe Magnum as her chauffeur?

might have something there, is hoss gay? and does little joe have issues with a small member? and would adam be a domineering older brother taking over for their dead father who was lost overboard on the three hour trip in the storm, because daddy though he could stand on deck during the storm without issue, because he was a known cowboy, and had broken more than 500 horses in his lifetime?

and is this beneficent genie a klutz at doing magic? does she arbitrarily send someone off into the ether and then spend the rest of the show, perhaps two of them, trying to get them back? or when a rescue ship does in fact find the castaways, does she accidentally send the rescue ship back in time where they do something that changes history and the castaways have to spend a two part episode fixing everything?

Old 08-26-2018, 01:51 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Two highlights:

1. The revealing of the rainbow flag after tearing off the Confederate flag.

2. A black...excuse me...African-American Boss Hogg hugging a Jewish Uncle Jessie.

Old 08-26-2018, 02:02 PM

26,578 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
.... hollywood has no new ideas ....

i'm an illustrator/graphic designer who has gained a bit of fame in my industry. a few years back i was commissioned by a major studio to design the theatrical release poster for a film. i met with the studio and we had an amazing meeting discussing and dissecting a lot of classic iconic movie posters. we lamented how current movie posters have degenerated into little more then photoshopped floating heads of the film's stars. they assured me that was the last thing they wanted and off to work i went. i designed a completely illustrated dynamic poster, they loved it, payed me very well and then........ released a poster of photoshopped floating heads of the film's stars.

Old 08-26-2018, 02:16 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
They're just trying to create a successful show that will make $$$.
Want to bet that's all they're trying to do? If it was all about money they wouldn't be doing their best to push the SJW crap that most viewers don't care about and don't want to watch. If Hollyweird just wanted to make money they wouldn't have canceled Last Man Standing.

Old 08-26-2018, 02:18 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
If it was all about money they wouldn't be doing their best to push the SJW crap that most viewers don't care about and don't want to watch.
Hollywood is a business they release products they believe will make money. Pandering to racist boomers is no longer as lucrative as was in the past thats it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies