Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 08:08 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,245,171 times

Advertisements

Aretha Franklin was a perpetual single mother although she tried marriage a bunch of times. Hell, she had her first kid outta wedlock when she was just a teen.

And her father had a bunch of kids and was never married to my knowledge. Yeah, he was wealthy and he supported his children, but that’s beside the point.

Anyway, he’s just another Right Reverend Chicken Wing. What he needs to do is quit misleading black people into false religion and stop taking their money while propagating pie in the Sky theories that whites indoctrinated us with during slavery. He could definitely do us THAT favor.

Maybe black folks might have a little more money to raise their children if these black pastors weren’t taking so much of it for their private jets and Bentleys. Wake up black folks

Democratic plantation? No, that religion plantation is the one you need to get rid of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 08:22 AM

2,448 posts, read 896,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Aretha Franklin was a perpetual single mother although she tried marriage a bunch of times. Hell, she had her first kid outta wedlock when she was just a teen.

And her father had a bunch of kids and was never married to my knowledge. Yeah, he was wealthy and he supported his children, but that’s beside the point.

Anyway, he’s just another Right Reverend Chicken Wing. What he needs to do is quit misleading black people into false religion and stop taking their money while propagating pie in the Sky theories that whites indoctrinated us with during slavery. He could definitely do us THAT favor.

Maybe black folks might have a little more money to raise their children if these black pastors weren’t taking so much of it for their private jets and Bentleys. Wake up black folks

Democratic plantation? No, that religion plantation is the one you need to get rid of.
Right. Black folks are poor because they're giving all their money to evangelists. Did you write that with a straight face?

No group of people can possibly succeed or survive beyond miserable subsistence when the illegitimacy rate is 75%. That number will almost certainly hit 90% in my lifetime, which is just about the most devastating single statistic of which I'm familiar. It almost defies belief. The implications for children, particularly boys, is staggering. The corresponding economic implications are similarly staggering when you have near-universal single parenthood.

Your comments on religion are a classic example of you having a belief system and then projecting that prism upon current sociological trends and the past, rather than looking objectively at them. The idea that religion is impoverishing black folks and making them have kids out of wedlock and committing crimes in massively disproportionate numbers is silly.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:23 AM

2,448 posts, read 896,234 times
The rumor is that Aretha's older kids, which she had when she was like 12 and 14, were not actually fathered by a teen boyfriend, but instead to a family member.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:25 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,541,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
It’s called people expressing an OPINION. As much as so many liberals and minorities hate the idea, white people actually have the same rights to express themselves as black people do. As much as so many liberals and minorities hate the idea, some blacks have their own thoughts and don’t follow the herd.

Ain’t freedom great?
It's almost like you're replying to someone else, because I never said that white people (or anyone) couldn't share an opinion. And I never went close to saying blacks don't have a variety of opinions between themselves. Maybe you think that. But blacks are just like everyone else.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:25 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,739,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Now, I don't think this was the proper time and place for grandstanding like that.

That said, of course some will get upset at the message, because it's the painful truth.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ms/1163498002/
For many, the truth will always be inconvenient. Typical kill the messenger mentality. It's not me, it's you attitude.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:35 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,629,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Conservatives love when a black person paints all black people in a negative light. Why is that?
Yet another post where some liberal fanatic says "Why is it that...." followed by some lie about conservatives.

These people need to make up some new lines.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:51 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,541,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Conservatives love when a black person paints all black people in a negative light. Why is that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Yet another post where some liberal fanatic says "Why is it that...." followed by some lie about conservatives.
Actually, as you can see, "Why is that?" follows the statement, not precedes it. I don't think anyone would hold it against you as apparently you get triggered when folks type something you don't agree with.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:09 AM

50,390 posts, read 64,083,206 times
Would it have been a normal subject to discuss if the funeral had not been televised? I think not, unless Aretha believed these things and wanted them mentioned.

We all have our own ideas about what is classy and what is appropriate. In our family, nobody would have an open casket with our loved one on display, but others do what is comfortable for them.

I just watched Meghan McCain give the eulogy for her father. ..a classy affair, to be sure. She was very good, but even she chose to include obvious digs at the President. You put a camera in front of someone, and they are going to use it to push their agenda.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:40 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,630,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Amen to that brother.
It's about time this country's black community hears some home truths from one of their own.
It's about time black men stop killing other black men over drugs in huge numbers every year.
It's about time blacks stop blaming everyone and everything else for their problems and look into their own souls.
How about we address how ALL these drugs are getting into the country, and so consistently, first?!!

Is our border patrol and homeland security really THAT ineffective? LOL

Old 09-01-2018, 09:49 AM

11,361 posts, read 16,730,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
I can't stand guys like this, that blame black people for the evil this country has done to us. All those beautiful black towns and communities he's talking about, were burnt to the ground by white mobs. Our government never even tried to reimburse the people for their losses, and they had to start over every time. Oh, but it's black people fault we are where we are. If this man don't go sit down somewhere. These guys are our pastors? What a joke.

Then they allowed Bill Clinton to sit on stage. That guy shouldn't have been within a hundred miles of the building. His crime bill have put so many black men in prison, yet this dude talks about single mothers and where are the fathers at? They are in prison!!! No thanks to the man who is sitting by your side. Yet he gets on stage and blame black people.

I said in another thread, as soon as I saw Billy boy on stage, I turned the service off.
Seriously...can you point out a few as an example?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies