Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 09:10 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
It's not about 'defending Muslims', it's about defending facts. If one is going to find fault with any religious meat, it should be Jewish Kosher. Or both equally among the % of Muslims who still do it the same way as the Jews. It's. The. Same.Thing. However, most Muslims will accept the more humane method and Jews will not.

contrary to what many assume, most animals killed by halal methods are stunned before slaughter. FSA estimates suggest that 88% of animals in the UK killed by halal methods were stunned beforehand in a way that many Muslims find religiously acceptable.

The Jewish method of slaughter called shechita cannot involve pre-slaughter stunning at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ughter-involve
Much respect on being very well informed!!
But;
Would you or ANYONE be as quick to " defend facts" from irate anti Trumpers if the Trump family had this exact same method of harvesting meat?
Or would you ignore the thread?
I despise Trump fyi, but it goes to my earlier post. People NEVER pass up a chance to go above and beyond to defend Muslims, as opposed to non Muslims and I was just curious as to WHY?
Why do SO many feel that the ONLY religion worth defending is Islam?
Our .Muslim friends here( and all their friends) all want to be left alone to live their lives in peace, they don't want to be pandered to, they are MORE than capable of fighting their own battles, they want to be used as virtue signalling props, and they want ALL faiths respected and defended, not just theirs. Many of them feel very awkward when all the SJW rush to speak for them at the drop of a hat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 10:16 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Much respect on being very well informed!!
But;
Would you or ANYONE be as quick to " defend facts" from irate anti Trumpers if the Trump family had this exact same method of harvesting meat?
Or would you ignore the thread?
I despise Trump fyi, but it goes to my earlier post. People NEVER pass up a chance to go above and beyond to defend Muslims, as opposed to non Muslims and I was just curious as to WHY?

Our .Muslim friends here( and all their friends) all want to be left alone to live their lives in peace, they don't want to be pandered to, they are MORE than capable of fighting their own battles, they want to be used as virtue signalling props, and they want ALL faiths respected and defended, not just theirs. Many of them feel very awkward when all the SJW rush to speak for them at the drop of a hat
Odd comparison, so I am not going to speak to it. Mostly, I think it's hilarious that all the ignorant Muslim haters go on and on about how Halal is SO BAD but have nothing to say about Kosher, because they don't hate Jews.

It's. The. Same.Thing. If you (whoever) hate Halal, you hate Kosher even MORE. Fact. IF the real gripe is how the animals are killed, and not just yet another excuse to show how ignorant one is in their rants against Muslims.

Quote:
Quote:
Why do SO many feel that the ONLY religion worth defending is Islam?
I can't answer that because I don't ever see that being the case. My question is why is bigotry and hatred disallowed for any group except Muslims? Maybe what you are seeing is the reverse. People make ignorant hateful comments and they are corrected by people who know things.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:19 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Odd comparison, so I am not going to speak to it. Mostly, I think it's hilarious that all the ignorant Muslim haters go on and on about how Halal is SO BAD but have nothing to say about Kosher, because they don't hate Jews.

It's. The. Same.Thing. If you (whoever) hate Halal, you hate Kosher even MORE. Fact. IF the real gripe is how the animals are killed, and not just yet another excuse to show how ignorant one is in their rants against Muslims.

I can't answer that because I don't ever see that being the case. My question is why is bigotry and hatred disallowed for any group except Muslims? Maybe what you are seeing is the reverse. People make ignorant hateful comments and they are corrected by people who know things.
Where do you get the idea that bigotry and hatred is disallowed for Christians or for that matter whites and Westerners?

Old 10-18-2018, 08:55 PM

1,022 posts, read 775,127 times
Just more proof the human animal is by far the most viscous animal of all, especially human animals into religion!

Old 10-18-2018, 09:05 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
What's the benefit of torturing then killing an animal in this way?

I could be wrong but I think it has something to do with wanting the meat to be full of adrenaline. This makes me sick on so many levels.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:52 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Where is liberal Trudeau when baby seals are clubbed to death for fun??

Liberal politicians only care about things when they are public. Otherwise they don't give a crap about moral compass or compassion.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:56 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,281,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
It would have been posted in Current Events forum, but this is controversial so posted here.

Normal butchery involves stunning the animal before killing it, which is the humane way. Muslims don't do that. I don't think I've heard PETA protesting Halal meat, which is strange.
They do "stun" them. They behead them first.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:46 AM

17,311 posts, read 12,260,346 times
Skinning an animal alive is certainly not halal, not an Islamic practice. They do slit the throat and let them bleed out. But no other harm is to come to the animal until it dies. Depending on the country, they stun them first as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies