Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2018, 11:20 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Being the head of the armed services committee in the U.S. Senate, responsible for prosecuting whatever conflict was approved by congress and the president of the United States most likely the mitigating factor in his actions.
You seem bent on wanting to lay the entire nation's sins at John McCain's grave when they haven't ever buried him yet.

Quite despicable of you if you ask me.
McCain came back and supported the same policies viciously. He doesn't get a pass.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:20 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
It's very sad that McCain died a sad bitter knowing his lifetime of service meant nothing to the American people when it can to elect him as President and it absolutely killed him that Trump came out of no where and accomplished what John couldn't. His family is clearly bitter about it too. If slamming Trump from beyond the grave was one of McCain's final thoughts and wishes it shows him to be a petty man with truly questionable character. When you consider that McCain and Trump shared the same view on many policies especially the military it's a shame they couldn't bridge the gap between them. But, they just didn't like each other. Which doesn't make them bad people. It does make him petty to keep up the rhetoric in death. His family could have celebrated his life which was a full life with many hardships and accomplishments.
Trump has accomplished nothing except to divide our country which is what McCain was against. McCain crossed party lines to get things done. Trump would never do that because it’s his way or nothing. He has no idea that he needs to make comprises for the good of our country. But Trump is petty and holds grudges. He’s just a baby who throws tantrums when he doesn’t get his way. Trump will never be in the same league as McCain

Old 09-01-2018, 11:25 PM

435 posts, read 176,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Is part of American decency leaving Soldiers to suffer in the streets, because that is very exceptional to America.
Lol, what kind of ridiculous comment is this?

Actually I heard that they solved that problem after the funeral at the wake.

ignore list +1

Old 09-01-2018, 11:26 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,988,699 times
Quote:
So you guys ran the treads off the tires in the other threads about McCain's funeral and how Trump was hammered mercilessly and disrespected, now you're going to come after it with a fresh set and a different angle.
Have you no shame?
Frankly, I'm rather pleased that Meghan McCain gets so far up your butt. I hope the barbs only go one way so you suffer when you pull them out.
Doesn't seem to take much to run the whole Trump train off the tracks and inflict the butthurt.
I was wondering how I might comment on the classless Trumpist butthurt being displayed in this thread, but once I got to this post I realized you said it better than I could have.

Bravo.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:27 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofor View Post
Lol, what kind of ridiculous comment is this?

Actually I heard that they solved that problem after the funeral at the wake.

ignore list +1
Meghan and the MSM and Obama and all the establishment media believe America was always great, I beg to differ.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
It is OK. It is her 15 minutes of fame. Nobody will care a week later.
LOL. She’s on TV literally every weekday. I think she’s got more than 15 minutes coming.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:32 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Was there ever a man who supported war as consistently as this man? And it’s worse in his case as far as I’m concerned. He saw the horrors of war, he dropped napalm and saw naked children running for their lives, he said villages burnt to the ground, he saw the death and destruction he caused.

And rather than dedicate his life to changing it, or at least vets who came back didn’t go hungry, he joined the dc establishment and supported them to further lengths than most others.
So yes, it was worse coming from him.
Somehow, I imagine you frothing at the mouth right now. I think I'll leave this thread alone now.

God bless John McCain and may he rest in peace. I worked with him for many years and he is nothing like you try to project. Everything you've posted is something Trump has tried to project on McCain. You're just a bot.
John McCain was a very fine man of very high character. It was an honor to work for the man in some capacity. End of story.

This year, fleece jackets were handed out to all the staff who were part of the McCain Institute crew in
Sedona Arizona. We all knew it was the last one with John. I treasure it and will wear it proudly, until I pass.

As far as I'm concerned, this thread is over. All that could be said has been said and nothing's changed. John is dead and Trumpsters still hate and fear him.

Mohawk...….Out.
Attached Thumbnails
Meghan mccain blasts trump at john mccain’s funeral service: ‘america was always great’-mccain-institute.jpg  

Last edited by mohawkx; 09-01-2018 at 11:47 PM..

Old 09-01-2018, 11:35 PM

Quote:
I am a Vietnam combat veteran with 4 tours of duty in the RVN. I'm responsible for those killings just as much as John McCain is and I stand proudly next to him. So do 2.5 million of America's finest who served there under orders of the Commander in Chief of the United States armed forces of which I was a part of.

What do you have to say about that.
I’ll tell you what I say.

Thank you for your service.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:36 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So you all don't think America is great?

No, not like we used to be.

We put a man on the Moon in 1969.

It's been a long time since we were a country that accomplished things like that.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:48 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No, not like we used to be.

We put a man on the Moon in 1969.

It's been a long time since we were a country that accomplished things like that.
And supporting an insecure, hypocritical draft dodger who spends much of his time taking craven digs at people, including veterans, while waging a personal jihad against an independent press is gonna get us there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies