Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 02:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,262,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Good Trump as the article names him did a good deed when he approved what is referred to as Air Force 2 to shuttle the body of John McCain and his family to DC.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35364...in-joseph-curl

Why don't we hear this kind of positive Trump news and instead we hear the constant trashing of him by the media heralding McCains daughter for sticking it to Trump??

Maybe she didn't like the inflight meal ?
She didn’t stick it to Trump...she told the truth.

Quote:
“We gather here to mourn the passing of American greatness,” she said. “The real thing, not cheap rhetoric from men who will never come near the sacrifice he gave so willingly, nor the opportunistic appropriation of those who live lives of comfort and privilege while he suffered and served."
Was there something false in those words?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 02:59 PM

11,290 posts, read 11,061,906 times
Trump is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't in just about every situation.

Old 09-03-2018, 02:59 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,542,199 times
That's a decent thing for him to do...but one decent thing amid how many insults and taunts? He either doesn't know, or doesn't care, why others are inflamed by the ugly things he says, but there's a huge backlash, which was a lot of what the Saturday service was about. I think he doesn't care...so why complain at the backlash?

However, it wouldn't surprise me if he arranged for Ivanka and Jared to attend the Saturday service, which I think was also decent.

Old 09-03-2018, 03:02 PM

38,651 posts, read 26,426,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
It isn't trumps plane.

Obama didn't shoot Bin Laden.

Your turn!

Old 09-03-2018, 03:03 PM

46,334 posts, read 27,181,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Trump simply did what he was supposed to do. He wasn’t doing the McCains any favors.

That's the very definition of a "favor."

Quote:
So Trump still isn’t getting credit for any so-called magnanimity. He wouldn’t have wanted it to come out that he didn’t approve it.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so he disapproved it....do tell, where and how do you know this?

And before you start, I was not born in Alabama, I was born in Michigan, go ahead and call me bammer, blah blah blah....etc.....just answer the question, if you can......

Old 09-03-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Trump is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't in just about every situation.
He brought it all on himself. I thought you righties believed in personal responsibility?

Old 09-03-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
That's the very definition of a "favor."

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so he disapproved it....do tell, where and how do you know this?

And before you start, I was not born in Alabama, I was born in Michigan, go ahead and call me bammer, blah blah blah....etc.....just answer the question, if you can......
I didn’t say that Trump disapproved it. I said that he wouldn’t have wanted it to come out that he disapproved it.

Old 09-03-2018, 03:07 PM

26,578 posts, read 14,484,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Trump is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't ......

this is a nice gesture but...... it's pretty much expected. i can't imagine anything differently happening under any other administration. it's like getting a presidential participation trophy.

you guys seem to think trump deserves praise because he didn't ship mccain back on a commercial flight.

Old 09-03-2018, 03:09 PM

26,578 posts, read 14,484,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Paul Ryan is the one that allowed use of the plane ....

link?

Old 09-03-2018, 03:11 PM

46,334 posts, read 27,181,581 times
Quote:
He brought it all on himself. I thought you righties believed in personal responsibility?

As did obama......yet if you talked bad about obama, pelosi, waters (i'm sure your favorite), or any dem...you were scolded, called a racist...blah, blah, blah, etc.......are you not for personal responsibility?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies