Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 11:58 AM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Trouble is the sites are 99% B/S.
I wouldn't give them anywhere near that much credit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
But, it is so EASY to find LIBERAL sites like Huff post, Media Matters, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, Wash post, NY Times, LA Times, etc.

AW, can't handle competition?
Which ones are legitmate news gathering organizations, and which ones simply pull it out of the sky and make it up as they go along?

Which "conservative" publications do you recommend that are legitimate reporting outfits?

And up front - ZeroHedge, Conservative Tree House, InfoWars, Hannity, the Enquirer, Gateway Pundit, Limbaugh, et cetera are NOT news organizations. They are publishers of opinion and unsupportable fantasy, which skews to the "entertainment" side of media. Occasionally there is some truth published on one of these, but mostly they are simply in it to make money preying on their low information audience. HuffPo and MM are right there with them.

Old 09-05-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I challenge you to produce any organization on Earth that refers to itsel as a fact checker that is not a leftist propoganda outfit.

You cannot do it.
So, then, tell us - Where do you go to check out the facts of a story, or do you simply believe whatever you're told if it agrees woth your preconceived ideas...?

Old 09-05-2018, 12:17 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
So, then, tell us - Where do you go to check out the facts of a story, or do you simply believe whatever you're told if it agrees woth your preconceived ideas...?
Anyone who begins from the premise that anything you say is very likely not the truth is not going to go far wrong.

Old 09-05-2018, 12:30 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Wrong, the judge has expressed some frustration with the delays.

Inspector General Michael Horowitz has publicly stated that he is investigating allegations of misconduct by those that handed Flynn's case. One of the allegations he is investigating is if evidence in the Flynn case was altered.

Mueller cannot proceed if some of the evidence he is relying on is compromised.

Its as simple as that, I don't understand why you people can't understand this.
I didn't attempt to offer the reasons why the judge has allowed the time.

I simply stated that he did.

And that is a plain fact.

None of the conspiracy theories are plain facts.

I think it's high time to end a lot of the supposition that's floating around like a thick fog and begin sticking to the facts. I'm sure that new facts will emerge that will change older facts, but only the facts are important.

It doesn't matter how the judge feels at all. The only thing that counts is the facts. I think you and I can both agree that whatever Flynn's outcome will be, it is best for us all to have his judgement come from fact alone, with no emotion attached to it.

If Flynn's evidence is corrupt, then he deserves fair treatment under the law. Whatever that treatment is, or how justice is reached doesn't matter to me as long as it is fair and equal.

Good justice is cold justice.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:06 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
Flynn sentencing postponed AGAIN. Why?

"Nothing would be more devastating for Mueller’s political objectives than to sentence General Flynn – and then have the nature of an entrapment scheme exposed."

Read the actual FBI texts which suggest this was a setup

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...h/#more-154145

Old 09-17-2018, 08:14 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,603,034 times
Lock his arse up already.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:18 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Flynn sentencing postponed AGAIN. Why?

"Nothing would be more devastating for Mueller’s political objectives than to sentence General Flynn – and then have the nature of an entrapment scheme exposed."

Read the actual FBI texts which suggest this was a setup

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...h/#more-154145
I guess the conspiracy site didn't get the message:

Flynn ready to be sentenced in Russia probe, his lawyer and special counsel tell court
After months of delays, Judge Emmet Sullivan is now likely to move swiftly to schedule Flynn's sentencing date, which the parties requested for Nov. 28 or the following week.

Sullivan has said it would occur within about 60 days of the two sides agreeing they are ready to proceed with a presentencing report and court date for Flynn, the former intelligence officer who spent three decades in the military before entering the political ring.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/flynn-read...212024964.html

Old 09-17-2018, 08:45 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Heroes like Flynn want to get on with making money, bedding women and partying with ice and butter sculptures on the taxpayer dime.

Meanwhile, the dude who took a joyride in a car rots in jail.

Equal Justice for All.

If one ever needed a small peek into the true Military Industrial Complex, they'd look at Fat Albert, Flynn, Petraus and the legions of other "heroes" that costs us trillions and get us nothing in return except deficits and debt.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:12 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,100,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I guess the conspiracy site didn't get the message:

Flynn ready to be sentenced in Russia probe, his lawyer and special counsel tell court
After months of delays, Judge Emmet Sullivan is now likely to move swiftly to schedule Flynn's sentencing date, which the parties requested for Nov. 28 or the following week.

Sullivan has said it would occur within about 60 days of the two sides agreeing they are ready to proceed with a presentencing report and court date for Flynn, the former intelligence officer who spent three decades in the military before entering the political ring.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/flynn-read...212024964.html
You are correct, both sides told the judge that they are ready to proceed to sentencing.

It would seem all the speculation that Flynn would challenge his plea can be put to rest, it appears there will be no challenge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies