Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 03:42 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I never notice anyone pushing Christianity in my face at all. I notice a lot of people push an agenda against Christianity and all things traditionally American. I suggest, insist even, they move to some place with no Christianity. I recommend one of the fine middle eastern countries as they hate Christians too.
Well I encounter plenty of people who ask me if I need prayer or talk about church or whatever. Granted the one guy has stopped asking me if I need it lately so maybe he took the hint. What bothers me the most is when it's someone in my circle and I already informed them of the problems with it. I used to get people coming at my door too. The rule here is no soliciting. Thankfully they haven't done it lately and it's a good thing too because I was tempted to put up a poster of Tom Ellis in Lucifer to scare them off.

That's probably because Christianity itself can be anti-freedom. If you don't believe in abortion don't get one. If you don't believe in gay marriage don't get married to someone of the same gender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 03:48 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Well I encounter plenty of people who ask me if I need prayer or talk about church or whatever. Granted the one guy has stopped asking me if I need it lately so maybe he took the hint. What bothers me the most is when it's someone in my circle and I already informed them of the problems with it. I used to get people coming at my door too. They haven't done that lately but the rule here is no soliciting. Good thing they stopped because I was tempted to put up a poster of Tom Ellis in Lucifer to scare them off.

That's probably because Christianity itself can be anti-freedom. If you don't believe in abortion don't get one. If you don't believe in gay marriage don't get married to someone of the same gender.
Anti-freedom huh? Liberals have just as many anti-freedom rules and regulations. Then liberals want others to pay the cost or subsidize things like abortion, provide social security survivor benefits and tax breaks to gay marriage, welfare for immigrants. A lot of times other people's "freedoms" steps on others' toes.

Old 09-05-2018, 03:51 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,961,640 times
They are giving comfort to the Americans who were killed by the cops for no good reason. If a member of your family was murdered by a cowardly cop for no reason other than their own fear, would you feel like protesting? Would you feel comfort if others joined that protest? You don't seem to want to acknowledge reality. Why would there be racial insurrection if there was no racial injustice? You don't even think minorities are Americans.
Quote:
They are not giving comfort to Americans. They are attacking or opposing the anthem, the country and law enforcement. It's a racial based insurrection.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:02 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Anti-freedom huh? Liberals have just as many anti-freedom rules and regulations. Then liberals want others to pay the cost or subsidize things like abortion, provide social security survivor benefits and tax breaks to gay marriage, welfare for immigrants. A lot of times other people's "freedoms" steps on others' toes.
How does a gay couple getting married negatively affect you in any way?

Old 09-05-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
They are giving comfort to the Americans who were killed by the cops for no good reason. If a member of your family was murdered by a cowardly cop for no reason other than their own fear, would you feel like protesting? Would you feel comfort if others joined that protest? You don't seem to want to acknowledge reality. Why would there be racial insurrection if there was no racial injustice? You don't even think minorities are Americans.
More whites are killed by cops. Should I assume for no reason? What aide are they giving those Americans?

People who are so unpatriotic whether minority group members or not are showing me they are not Americans.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
It's probably better to pay for abortion than to have to worry about paying for the child later. I think you'd want to be able to do what you could to make sure that unwanted child doesn't get born into a miserable life. Also the problem is Christians don't believe in abortion period whether you pay for it or not and are trying to push for it to be illegal.
The social security benefits are probably necessary.

I'm not saying that liberals are perfect. However the problem with Christianity deals with our whole existence. One Christian even told me that my whole life was controlled by the sins of another but I should still believe in him. If this were a human being we were talking about that kind of concept would be a form of abuse. I mean hey you can believe in him what you want (I'm an admirer of a certain Christian). You probably have a blessed life but if people have been hurt so much in life respect that they have a good reason for "not believing in him"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It's a sin *rolls eyes*

Old 09-05-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
I just said how in the post you quoted .

Old 09-05-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
I just said how in the post you quoted .
Yeah but you put the word gay in front of marriage.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
People complain and complain about identity politics yet they lose their mind at even the slightest criticism of our institutions and establish norms. The flag, the military, the police, the national anthem, our history, the church, cultural traditions, and our elected officials (funnily enough only when Republicans are in charge) are like sacred cows which cannot be criticized. Yet, that speech is protected by the First Amendment and my personal belief is that forced patriotism isn't a good thing. People shouldn't salute the flag and reverence our institutions because they are forced to but because they want to.

So how is conservatives throwing a fit about perceived disrespect or disregard for our institutions any different from social progressives becoming vocally offended about things like Chick-Fil-A or the Robertson [Duck Dynasty] family? Conservatives believe that the left is forcing a PC agenda on them but aren't they forcing their own agenda in the same way?

Who is using force? That is authoritarian crap?

Old 09-05-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Yeah but you put the word gay in front of marriage.
Gays don't deserve marriage benefits from society, straights do or at least I have no real objection to widowed or divorced housewives and mothers getting benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies