Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 12:50 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,672,276 times

Advertisements

Its not a right or left issue unless you are right or left. Nether party wants a fix. They will fight Trump all the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2018, 12:51 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,502,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Fix e-verify. Stop making excuses.

Thing is -- these farms don't want e-verified fix and Trump does their bidding.
Ditto. E-Verify as it stands now would stop more illegals than "the wall", even if the wall was 100% effective. And it would be cheaper and faster.

Republicans are in control of the House, the Senate and the Presidency. They haven't pushed for E-Verify to be required in the US and they haven't pushed for improvements to E-Verify.

They want illegals to continue to work in the USA because businesses can hire cheap disposable labor. The GOP is tricking voters into thinking that the GOP wants to stop illegals. E-Verify being required nationwide would have been their #1 priority if they wanted to stop illegals.

19,966 posts, read 7,885,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
He worked under the assumed name John Budd and lived on the property.
Yeah imagine that a non-English speaking mestizos with an out of state ID with the very English name John Budd claiming to be a legal resident or citizen. That doesn't seem fake at all. He might as well assumed the name John Smith.

45,241 posts, read 26,477,444 times
We must apply leftist gun control logic; if one commits the crime, all are guilty. Did I get it right?

Old 09-06-2018, 12:52 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,672,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
John Budd? I'm going to speculate the farm knew he was probably an illegal alien. Proving that they knew is going to be hard though.
He didn't look all the big. They likely thought he was very American. Buddlight !!!

Old 09-06-2018, 12:53 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,502,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yeah imagine that a non-English speaking mestizos with an out of state ID with the very English name John Budd claiming to be a legal resident or citizen. That doesn't seem fake at all. He might as well assumed the name John Smith.
And he was provided housing at the farm. Probably 100% of those using on-site farm housing are illegals and all speak spanish. And they might have received help getting fake ids from someone connected with the farm. This isn't an outlier either. It's common practice.

Old 09-06-2018, 12:55 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 12 days ago)

35,640 posts, read 18,001,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I lean right and I have suspected they knowingly hired an undocumented worker, as well. It that is found to be the case, the employer should face severe penalties.
I'll go even further. I'm going to speculate they actually help their employees obtain fraudulent documentation that would pass a very cursory inspection if their employee records were looked at. And that they have done the same for a LOT of employees.

sorry, sware2cod our postings crossed. I completely agree.

Old 09-06-2018, 12:56 PM

78,454 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Fix e-verify. Stop making excuses.

Thing is -- these farms don't want e-verified fix and Trump does their bidding.
They are to some extent. Some states are making it much much harder to get a valid ID.

I believe we've had threads like that around here condemning such states for their "racism".

62,998 posts, read 29,187,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Maybe we should speculate as to why Yarabee Farms didn't use e-verify to properly vet the guy. I think it's because it's cheaper for them to hire this way, they can pay the guys less.

And the manager of Yarabee Farms who stands to benefit is Dane Lang, whose father and landlord is...Craig Lang, prominent GOP member, former Iowa Farm Bureau Federation president, and candidate for Iowa Secretary of Agriculture.

So please speculate...why did "close the borders" GOP farmers not properly vet for illegals? And why does this hypocrisy happen all day, every day at conservatives' businesses across the country? If they couldn't get the jobs, illegals wouldn't be coming.

The investigation isn't even completed yet you have decided what the facts are? If you think that it's only Republicans that hire illegal aliens then you aren't dealing in reality. The fact remains that if illegal aliens didn't violate our border and our immigration laws the employers wouldn't be able to hire them either.

45,676 posts, read 24,040,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Its not a right or left issue unless you are right or left. Nether party wants a fix. They will fight Trump all the way.
Trump doesn't really want a fix either. He doesn't care if a wall will fix what is broken. A wall is a physical monument to him. That's why he wants a wall.

If he was serious about dealing with immigration issues -- he would have started with simple, easy, logical fixes....starting with fixing e-verify, cutting back temporary visas...blah blah blah.

Those two relatively easy administrative fixes would have been easy to tackle in the first six months of his administration.

The wall -- grand gesture, big show...good for ratings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies