Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 08:52 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
If this farm is like a lot of agricultural businesses, especially in the Midwest, the farmer probably did his due diligence...checked the guy’s documents, did an e-verify, and put him on the payroll.

I can’t speak to that farmer, but I’ve talked to enough people, both farmers and illegal Hispanics, to believe that many of the employers are at least complicit in hiring people whose documentation is at least dubious. No surprise- they believe their financial viability depends on hiring illegals. (FYI- I met the illegals as a volunteer ESL teacher here in Missouri. I had Bosnians, Nigerians, Chinese, Iraqis—and Mexicans and Guatemalans.)

The worst aren’t farmers, but the meat packers. They would send middle managers into Mexico for years to recruit workers...being careful to use shell corporations to hide their corporate actions. As a result, large Hispanic communities have grown in unlikely places. The most notorious I’d say is Dodge City, KS, where Hispanics are by far the largest ethnic group. Our host’s page for Dodge City is below-60.2% of the population.

//www.city-data.com/city/Dodge-City-Kansas.html
This farm didn't e-verify. The owner claimed he used e-verify, then after it was revealed he does not use it he claimed he didn't know e-verify from the older SSN verification Service, but does and will use it now . The suspect he hired was a non-English speaking mestizo with an out of state ID with the very English name John Budd .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2018, 09:07 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yeah imagine that a non-English speaking mestizos with an out of state ID with the very English name John Budd claiming to be a legal resident or citizen. That doesn't seem fake at all. He might as well assumed the name John Smith.
Especially since he was well known by all the others in that small community by his real name and fathered a baby whom was given his last real name.

Old 09-06-2018, 09:10 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The investigation isn't even completed yet you have decided what the facts are? If you think that it's only Republicans that hire illegal aliens then you aren't dealing in reality. The fact remains that if illegal aliens didn't violate our border and our immigration laws the employers wouldn't be able to hire them either.

Sounds like you are making excuses for that Republican farmer.

Old 09-06-2018, 09:10 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Especially since he was well known by all the others in that small community by his real name and fathered a baby whom was given his last real name.
Yeah that's true. You can bet no one at that farm was calling him John or Mr. Budd as I assume was on his paycheck.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yeah that's true. You can bet no one at that farm was calling him John or Mr. Budd as I assume was on his paycheck.
Absolutely. They all knew his name. And his status.

Old 09-06-2018, 11:35 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,382,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
So please speculate...why did "close the borders" GOP farmers not properly vet for illegals?
Nonsensical question. They aren't "close the borders" farmers, and they didn't vet because they wanted to hire illegals.

Obviously.

Old 09-06-2018, 11:39 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,382,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I'm not saying Independents or Democrats don't take any advantage. What I am saying is that the MAJOR advantage is likely with Republican-owned business and states. Texas, for example, always has one of the biggest "problems" because they want the problem!
No way in hell.

The Texas state government tried to keep illegals out, and the feds said FU; we're in charge. People in Texas play the hand we're dealt, but 90% of Republicans here want illegals OUT.

Old 09-07-2018, 02:48 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Maybe we should speculate as to why Yarabee Farms didn't use e-verify to properly vet the guy. I think it's because it's cheaper for them to hire this way, they can pay the guys less.

And the manager of Yarabee Farms who stands to benefit is Dane Lang, whose father and landlord is...Craig Lang, prominent GOP member, former Iowa Farm Bureau Federation president, and candidate for Iowa Secretary of Agriculture.

So please speculate...why did "close the borders" GOP farmers not properly vet for illegals? And why does this hypocrisy happen all day, every day at conservatives' businesses across the country? If they couldn't get the jobs, illegals wouldn't be coming.
We all know why they didn’t use it.

The GOP is so full of ****! We oughta quit being scared to say that the illegal alien issue is 99% a Republican problem. That’s who is employing these people in low wage jobs. They hate for us to say that, but it’s the truth and nothing but the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Des Moines register says yarabee used a different older system and will now be using e-verify system

"E-Verify is the Swiss cheese of government identity systems," said Alex Nowrasteh, senior immigration policy analyst at the libertarian Cato Institute. "It is fatally flawed and incapable of completing its basic mission of identifying illegal immigrants and preventing them from getting a job."

E-verify can easily be gamed. False identity is all that is needed. This guy was not being honest using false information.

Trump has no problem allowing needed resources to be let in legally.
E-verify wasn’t gamed, and I now have my doubts about how easily it supposedly is to game.

The damn employers simply aren’t using it, and this case is proof. These big AG guys are doing the barest of minimums and doing everything they can to make sure that their cheap labor doesn’t come up hot.

Yeah, they had no suspicion when a Mexican National is named John Budd?

Be serious. You’re offering excuses because this farm was ran by prominent Republicans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Fix e-verify. Stop making excuses.

Thing is -- these farms don't want e-verified fix and Trump does their bidding.
Exactly.

On the last thread about this murder, Republicans swore up and down that this farm used the proper system, but an idiot can look at this case and tell that there was no way they used E-verify. Conservatives are only running interference for this farm because they’re prominent GOP members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
John Budd? I'm going to speculate the farm knew he was probably an illegal alien. Proving that they knew is going to be hard though.
It’s already fairly easy to prove. A Mexican going by the most anglicized name in the universe? Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The investigation isn't even completed yet you have decided what the facts are? If you think that it's only Republicans that hire illegal aliens then you aren't dealing in reality. The fact remains that if illegal aliens didn't violate our border and our immigration laws the employers wouldn't be able to hire them either.
Republicans are the main employers of illegal immigrant labor. Deal with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No way in hell.

The Texas state government tried to keep illegals out, and the feds said FU; we're in charge. People in Texas play the hand we're dealt, but 90% of Republicans here want illegals OUT.
Texas business owners DO NOT want the illegals out, and corporate money runs Texas. Every farmer and rancher is a Republican. Every oilman is a Republican. Every large business owner is a Republican. Most small business owners are Republicans too. All construction company owners are Republicans. Meat packing, which is one of the largest industries in northwest Texas is knee deep in illegal alien labor, and you can best bet that all of the meat packing heavies in Texas are 100% Republican.

So it doesn’t matter if most Texans want illegals out. You guys vote in people that are heavily financed by people that DON’T want them out. That’s all that matters.

Old 09-07-2018, 03:25 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
John Budd? I'm going to speculate the farm knew he was probably an illegal alien. Proving that they knew is going to be hard though.
Exactly. Just think what would happen if employers started accusing all Hispanics of identity theft/fraud. The screams of

"Bigots!"

"Racists!"

"Xenophobes!"

"Nazis!"

"White Supremacists!"

"Haters!"

Would be EPIC...Shortly followed by a plethora of discrimination lawsuits.

Of course, the alternative would be to just never hire anyone who speaks English with a heavy foreign accent, or doesn't speak English at all, just to be sure you don't hire any illegal aliens.

Either way... It would almost be funny to watch the hilarity ensue.

Old 09-07-2018, 03:34 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
I'll remind everyone, again, that e-verify fails to accurately identify 54% of unauthorized workers. Why? E-verify can't accurately detect identity theft/fraud:

E-verify flags only 46% of illegal workers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies