Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 02:04 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Conflicting truths in regard to pot:

1. In Musk's rarefied social class (over-educated young California millionaires with technical jobs), my best impression says that its more rare to not occasionally partake than it is to do so.

2. Pot should not be legal, due to the ripple effect in the social sphere (yes, pot addicts, I'm ready for your long winded counter-arguments).

3. Its morally and physically okay to occasionally partake, if you feel that you want to. Though, its not exactly ideal.

4. Consistent Pot use is not physically nor psychologically healthy.

5. A physically healthy and socially functional / fulfilling life is more enjoyable than a pot habit, which is a fact that few addicts will cosign due to the addiction. Its also a lot harder to realize the former if you have the latter. Some do, but many are inhibited by the habit. There is a survivorship bias when watching people like Rogan (regularly) and Musk smoke.
As I said in another thread, if you want to turn a "small government conservative" into an advocate for nanny-statism, bring up marijuana. This post is a perfect example of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 03:18 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
As I said in another thread, if you want to turn a "small government conservative" into an advocate for nanny-statism, bring up marijuana. This post is a perfect example of that.
I'm going to crap in your cereal bowl.

I support legalizing pot needles.

I don't use it. But if it were legal...
I'd grow acres of it. Hire former dope felons to harvest and process it and sell it.
Have a weed app on the App store. Like uber. But delivers munchies and pot. To reduce the risk of DWI. No need to even leave to drive to the store. I'd get little green vans with bundles of it to drive around to make delivery.
I would make money hand over fist.
I would kick welfare dependency down to 0.
I would push to expunge any drug charges involved with the Devils lettuce.

I wouldn't touch it. Not my thing. But when opportunity to make money arises. I leap on it.

I'd keep Philip Morris away from venturing into the pot needles business.

Farmers would be able to grow it and produce it. Cash crop. No more need for subsidies.

Old 09-07-2018, 03:21 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Yeah, he smoked. Big whoop.
I know, right? The man is an adult, the head of his own company, and not an elected official, and rich.

Old 09-07-2018, 03:21 PM

29 posts, read 12,860 times
Who cares?

Old 09-07-2018, 03:23 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,114,378 times
Maannn. He should smoke more often.. Trump should try some.. Tweets will be more calm and collective..

Old 09-07-2018, 03:23 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Have a weed app on the App store. Like uber. But delivers munchies and pot. To reduce the risk of DWI. No need to even leave to drive to the store. I'd get little green vans with bundles of it to drive around to make delivery.
You're a bit behind the curve, this is a well-established business model already. I've even seen banner plane advertisements for it. And much to my disappointment, they didn't use the obvious "getting high" pun.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:25 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Can someone tell me why I should care about this?

Old 09-07-2018, 05:01 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
His company stock plunged, the airforce is investigating. Too bad he chose to be a drug addict. Smart guy with good career ruining it all.

Old 09-07-2018, 05:04 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
His company stock plunged, the airforce is investigating. Too bad he chose to be a drug addict. Smart guy with good career ruining it all.
Naive, ignorant or troll -- you don't become a drug addict by trying to be cool and smoking weed with Rogan.

That's okay -- we all live in our bubbles and yours does include some stuff.

Old 09-07-2018, 05:09 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
I switched to edibles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies