Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2019, 12:25 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
She is a bad person, no doubt. That could sway the jury because, they are human. She's a cop for
God's sake, SHE shot an innocent man in his own home, realized it then LET him bleed, while talking about HER ruined career. I just can't...
Don't forget that 2 days after she killed this innocent man, she was texting her fling again and talking about going out to get drunk - but wants us all to believe that she wishes she was the one who was shot and killed. She has to "live with it for the rest of" her life - but 48 hours later, resuming her home wrecking crap and wanting to get drunk with him.

Yeah.

Prosecutor brought up a lot of what some of us have been saying since the beginning. I hope the jury is not swayed by her make over, her coached timid tiny voice, and her fake tears - yeah, she "cried", sniffled, grimaced, but not a single tear slid down her face. And at other times, she looked biotchy. I did feel a little bad for her when she was doing her fake crying - but I think her fake crying was more about her than about what she did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2019, 12:31 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray732 View Post
Could the verdict be in today?
Yes, it could be.

Old 09-30-2019, 12:38 PM

28,672 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Defense and prosecution have both rested.

Judge is giving instructions to the jury. I'm surprised there aren't closing arguments.

nbcdfw.com

Wow, that was fast.

Old 09-30-2019, 12:55 PM

8,244 posts, read 3,495,089 times
I wonder how many years she's going to get. I'd be shocked if she were found not guilty at this point. I don't think she's a cold blooded killer, but she was totally at fault here. He didn't get a chance to process what was going on before she shot him. It happened too fast.

Old 09-30-2019, 01:10 PM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
I wish she could be charged with Wanton Disregard for Human Life. I don't know if Texas allows that charge; other states do, though.

I can forgive her for arriving at the wrong apartment and breaking in. I can almost (not quite, really) forgive her for shooting.

I can't forgive her for ignoring him while he bled to death.

We'll see what the verdict is. The defense repeatedly reminded the jurors that they stated they could listen to evidence and could find a not guilty verdict if that was warranted.

I think she'll get manslaughter, in the end.
I've said manslaughter from the get go, just wasn't sure the judge would allow it. I have no idea how the jury will decide, nothing would surprise me. I think she wins the prize for the most hated person in town.

Old 09-30-2019, 01:19 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray732 View Post
Clara C , what about this stand your ground castle doctrine the judge allowed? What's going on with this and why is it being allowed?
The judge allowed them to argue for the stand your ground defense but didn't make the determination that she had the right to be exhonorated based on that law; the prosecution argued against it being applicable because the law doesn't allow you to enter a dwelling knowing someone is inside, for the purpose of locating them and killing them.

The prosecutor noted the irony that the stand your ground law was put in place to protect people in Botham Jean's position, not Amber Guyger.

Amber testified that she used police procedure, but her friends the cops were forced to admit that it's police policy when there is a suspicious person in a dwelling, the cop should retreat, secure his position, and call for backup. At that time, they would use a variety of methods to draw the person OUT, rather than go inside and encounter him.

Old 09-30-2019, 01:37 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how do you know anyone's race or sex, troll?

only an idiot would confuse lvmensch with a conservative.
And I can't see "lvmensch" without thinking of a woman: Louise Mensch:

https://twitter.com/LouiseMensch?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Old 09-30-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
He was eating ice cream at the time. He may have smoked a joint prior because the apartment smelled of pot. I can't remember his toxicology report though, I didn't consider it important. I don't even think it's relevant.
It's relevant in this sense:

The smell said she was in the wrong apartment!

Old 09-30-2019, 01:40 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,228,506 times
I'd be surprised if she gets murder. We'll see what happens.

*eats popcorn*

Old 09-30-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Defense and prosecution have both rested.

Judge is giving instructions to the jury. I'm surprised there aren't closing arguments.
You have to have the charge conference first, so you know what the jury is going to be deciding. You iron out the jury instructions (what crimes and defenses does the evidence allow the judge to submit to the jury etc.), and then you argue to get the jury to answer them correctly from your perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies