Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 12:05 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times

Advertisements

No

I don't vote for Chairman Mao or his followers.
All the money Joe Biden's offspring got from china wouldn't have changed my mind, even if they would have shared it. Which they didn't. Not with me anyway. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 12:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
I do it Frequently
It’s a mideastern thing
Saudi Arabia does it constantly
Vote dem and send money to gop

Old 09-10-2018, 12:16 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Some folks ask some interesting questions that could result in some good exchange of ideas, thoughts, etc.

But instead folks have to hurl personal attacks on anyone who doesn't think like them.

Ends up sound like a bunch of middle school kids.

As for the question...no I haven't voted against my own interests. I have different priorities and they may change depending on the type of election (local, state or federal), the candidate and what is going on at the time of the election.

Old 09-10-2018, 12:18 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
If you vote you're voting against your own interests.

Old 09-10-2018, 12:22 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
I do vote for candidates who are supportive of sanctuary cities which is absurd, and not in my interest, but it is not anywhere near as important as the massive corruption and war against the working class that has been ongoing for decades now, so voting against corrupt candidates and voting for pro-worker candidates who dont take corporate money and push for stronger labor rights and a national health care system is far more important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Thats voting for puppets of Wall Street and big pharma and other big business interests that have waged war against the labor unions and the working class for 40 years now by eroding the minimum wage, destroying the unions, weakening the anti-trust legislation, implementing anti-worker trade deals and flooding the political system with billions of dollars.
Reading this is like watching a rat in a maze... you really don't see the connection do you?

Old 09-10-2018, 12:23 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Virtually everybody who votes Democrat.
What an inane reply.

Old 09-10-2018, 12:27 PM

1,406 posts, read 801,550 times
Kind of. I usually vote libertarian, which means I'm voting against government services and programs that could be advantageous to me. However, I am hoping for policies that I believe are more free, more just, with less coercive government control over everyone's life, including my own, so that is a benefit I value more than benefits provided by government at others' expense.

So yes and no.

Old 09-10-2018, 12:32 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I did in the past, hung up on one issue. Not any more.
Yep. One time. Never again.

Old 09-10-2018, 12:39 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,304,565 times
Never! Every candidate I vote for has my best interests at heart.

Old 09-10-2018, 12:40 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I read all the time about people claiming others vote against their own interests. Never met anyone who claimed to do so.
Why is that surprising? Most human beings are self delusional, it's how we get through the night. Mind you blind allegiance to any politician or political party always has some of that il-logic associated with it but for the Trump cult it is at a whole new level.

Trump has absolutely nothing to offer the people that voted for him. Nothing. Whatsoever.

Except for one very important thing - he makes them "feel good" about themselves. He has mastered the art of populism at a level never before seen in this country. It doesn't matter if you sat down and PROVED beyond a shadow of a doubt that they will be worse off than they were before voting in Trump. It is all about how they "feel" and Trump makes them feel wanted. It's like taking candy from a baby, Trump surely raises a $1000 glass of Kors 24k Vodka every night and has a long laugh at their expense. I hear that Boxberry ships him a case of it every month from one of his more affluent supporters.

Last edited by GearHeadDave; 09-10-2018 at 01:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies