Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 09:30 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Some if us are indeed concerned about all of the above, and are worried that under Trump, we are moving in precisely the wrong direction in all of these issues.

By way of example, the national debt was less under Obama, and on a better trajectory under Obama's policies. Trump's policies have exacerbated growth in the debt.
I will be nice here - and assume you meant the deficit, and not debt.

Because the debt almost doubled under Obama.

I don't totally trust the debt numbers, because when Trump got started, the debt was actually decreasing - then it basically froze for months until the spending bill was signed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 10:26 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'm guessing that most people know that Trump's brother succumbed to alcoholism, leaving Trump a devout teetotaler. He's avoided the usual addictions. But ... Twitter?

For Whom the Trump Trolls
By Maureen Dowd

And yet, in a strange twist, Trump has ended up an addict.

[Jaron] Lanier, who met Trump a couple of times back in the real estate developer’s New York heyday, thinks the president’s addiction to tweeting is rewiring his brain in a negative way.,, Like other “behavior modification empires,” as Lanier calls social media sites, Twitter offers positive reinforcement for negativity.

"Twitter addicts take on this kind of nervous, paranoid, cranky quality, sort of itching for a fight,” Lanier said in an interview.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/07/o...ial-media.html
Twitter won him the election, if I were him I would continue to use it, frequently.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:40 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
it's been my belief that trump is addicted to attention. twitter is just one outlet to appease that craving. if i'm right then i'd expect things to get funky for trump once he leaves office. he'll still be craving the level of attention he's currently getting ( much like an addict or an alcoholic building up a tolerance and requiring more to get the desired affect ) but without having the same amount of interest from the media/public.
We see that now with Obama. the man could not leave a 6 sentence paragraph without a dozen references to himself.

Being addicted to nicotine, and a class 1 narcissist, Obama could not restrain himself from breaking tradition and speaking out against a sitting president. That wasn't enough, he had to reappear on the political scene again to satisfy his need for attention.

Sad that no one is interested in more hope and change from a president who still lives in yesterday.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:46 AM

11,103 posts, read 7,164,275 times
Trump is a pawn to his multiples of addictions. We really shot ourselves in the foot and mind allowing him access to the White House.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:17 AM

24,496 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Oh Nooooo Trump is addicted to Twitter !

What more do we need to know to invoke the 25th amendment??

Shhh don't tell the Dems. this might be all they need..

Old 09-13-2018, 11:19 AM

24,496 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Trump is a pawn to his multiples of addictions. We really shot ourselves in the foot and mind allowing him access to the White House.

and the alternative wasn't a pawn to her addiction for money and power?

Old 09-13-2018, 11:31 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times
I strongly disapprove of Trump, but let's be honest here - probably all of us are addicted to this forum, and have the same problem.

On second thought, maybe I should delete my account here.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:36 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Oh, please! Just STOP IT!

I am so sick and tired of these STUPID threads!!!

Old 09-13-2018, 11:38 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Here is what that translates too :: crying:
From your mouth to God's ears, Snowflake....

Old 09-13-2018, 03:51 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
and the alternative wasn't a pawn to her addiction for money and power?
This is not some kind of joke, as the far right seems to think. There are real 25th Amendment implications here. Again, this is all based on science. As usual, the far right DENIES the scientific facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies