Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 05:20 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

The good news is that taking a knee has fallen from public view with so many things going on, hopefully they wil just leave it be and it will disappear over time. Much larger issues to be concerned about.

Old 09-24-2018, 05:28 PM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
Is failing..... Notice how quiet it is now from the Trumpers on this issue now?

Looks like you lost this issue...

Lost the issue? There are many people that have stopped watching and attending games. I think it was kind of petty doing that like burning your Nikes because Kapernick is the new spokesman but that is up to them.

I tuned in to watch my Patriots get thrashed and the network didn't show anyone kneeling but they did show representatives of the military holding our flags while the anthem was sung and I couldn't help but think how those brave men and women that signed up to serve their country were disrespected by the kneeling players. How can the players look those soldiers in the eyes as the flag waves and the anthem is sung?

I don't know.

What I do know is that I like Trump and I don't let politics get in the way of enjoying a good game even when the home team gets beat.

Football should be a distraction from the daily grind not part of it.

Old 09-24-2018, 05:34 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:

NFL Week 3 Ratings: Cowboys, Pats, Hit Highs - Sports Media Watch

8 of 12 ratings windows so far this season are up... But yes go on how ratings are falling so badly and stadiums are empty with pictures before games or at the end of blowouts or of awful franchises (Washington Redskins)

Ratings are down for tv viewers. As long as profits are up -- who cares...and NFL had good profits last year.

Wishing the demise of the NFL will impact the teams and all the mom and pop organizations that benefit from games, -- restaurants, t-shirts, water bottle sellers -- lol.....

But it has become a very American thing to wish the demise of an industry to just be nasty and win.

GO MAGA.

Old 09-24-2018, 05:36 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The good news is that taking a knee has fallen from public view with so many things going on, hopefully they wil just leave it be and it will disappear over time. Much larger issues to be concerned about.
It had pretty much disappeared from the public view last season until Trump decided to use it as a deflection. Nice to start this season without any controversies.

Old 09-24-2018, 05:40 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Lost the issue? There are many people that have stopped watching and attending games.
Not that many in the grand scheme of things.

Old 09-24-2018, 05:43 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
None of my Trump voting friends have stopped watching because of the kneeling. They grumbled about it but as soon as the season started again they were the first guys at the bar or online when the games start.

Old 09-24-2018, 05:51 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
You expect people who stopped watching the NFL to care what their ratings are and keep wailing about it 24x7 for years like a liberal? People are quiet about it because they stopped watching and the NFL caved to pressure and doesn't broadcast the National Anthem anymore to give the snowflakes a platform to push their agenda.

Old 09-24-2018, 05:52 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Perhaps they just have short attention spans. Like Trump.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:07 PM

25,756 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Funny how the libs were absolutely trashing the NFL until this disrespect-the-nation deal came up. I assume you'd all have Bunyanesque orgasms if the gladiators actually urinated or defecated outright on the flag, or some such thing.

Before this all came up, you guys were shooting for shutting the NFL down because they were trying to damage black men's brains, as I recall. It was a brutal, racist sport, or some such thing. Actually, at that point, I'd have applauded you if you would have succeeded in shutting the NFL down. I've never watched it. Besides soccer and basketball, it's about the most boring game ever devised. I'd rather watch grass grow. But, by all means, carry on. They've got new fans, now: those who like to see their nation and fellow citizens disrespected and kicked in the nuts. Job security, I guess.

Last edited by ChrisC; 09-24-2018 at 06:15 PM..

Old 09-24-2018, 06:09 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:

NFL Week 3 Ratings: Cowboys, Pats, Hit Highs - Sports Media Watch

8 of 12 ratings windows so far this season are up... But yes go on how ratings are falling so badly and stadiums are empty with pictures before games or at the end of blowouts or of awful franchises (Washington Redskins)

Trump fan here as well as NFL fan - always will be - no boycott on the way from this guy. I simply turn on the game one minute after the national anthem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies