Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 09:01 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...=.15b4b0c84225

So much for innocent until proven guilty from Harvard law students.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:02 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
"you shouldn't go someplace and get yourself so blasted that you're not in control of your own actions or not able to realize a bad situation is about to occur and then leave."

So this doesn't apply to men, as well, I guess. Ridiculous reasoning. What you're basically saying is that women should not party and should not drink, because one or more men in her company might rape her. If they do, it's her fault. I'm betting that quite a few men--especially those who have a wife or daughter who was raped--would vehemently disagree with you.

The only one to blame for rape is the rapist.
Where did I say it doesn't apply to men? It applies to EVERYONE. It is you who are ridiculous. I was very clear, no "basically saying" at all.
I clearly stated exactly what I meant, nowhere did I say,infer or suggest no drinking/partying, YOU DID and if you can't comprehend what I said or it doesn't fit your "every woman is a victim" narrative then that's on you...

Old 10-02-2018, 09:03 AM

10,758 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Every time you hear Blumental speak you know he's a phony.
Everything he says sounds like a storyteller at kindergarten.
Trump is showing why he's unbeatable in a General Election, because he hones in on the opponent's weakness and drags them through the gutter.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:03 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I said this on another thread. You (general) have rights, but not everyone else in the world respects those rights. The idea of "I should be able to..." is not facing reality. Females have got to face reality. Yes, in an ideal world, I should be able to a lot of things, but this is not a world where everything is ideal. Be aware of, acknowledge, and accept reality.

The reality is, if you dress a certain way, someone will take that to mean something. If you go certain places, someone will take that to mean something. If you drink a lot, you lose control of yourself, and some will take that to mean something. If you goof around with someone, someone will take that to mean something.

Yes, "I should be able to..." but that is not reality, and no matter how much people bark about it, no matter how much people protest about it, no matter how vocal people are about it, no matter how much some people try to change it, no matter how much some people attack males for it, the reality is, "I should be able to..." doesn't always get to happen because you cannot control 7 billion people on this planet. There are people who do. not. care. what you think you "should be able to...", they will take advantage.

Face. Reality. Do NOT put yourself in a situation that you don't need to be in.

It is not saying that all attacks are because someone put themselves in a situation they shouldn't be in, but it would definitely make a dent if people would realize, acknowledge, and accept reality.

Of course they can work to educate, but they still need to accept reality in the meantime. And the way to educate is not to pi$$ off half of the population by trashing on all of them.
By your logic, the solution to the misogyny promoted by a culture that results in men's aggression towards women is for women to accept that they are unsafe in the world and to refrain from going out to have fun. If they do, and get raped, it is therefore their fault. Welcome to Pakistan.

If you knew anything about the motivation behind rape, you would know this: How one dresses has no bearing on whether they become a rape victim. Neither does one's behavior. Rape is a crime of opportunity and power. Period. And if the opportunity is not immediately present, the rapist will often create one (hence: spiking a woman's drink). Women (and children and men and even animals) are frequently raped while minding their own business. Finally, no one has "trashed on" all men, for the simple reason that most men are not rapists.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:04 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...=.15b4b0c84225

So much for innocent until proven guilty from Harvard law students.
It's not a criminal trial. Nice try.

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Seriously?

After Kavanaugh's "performance" on Thursday, Dr. Ford has proved herself a patriot of the highest order.
He has absolutely no business on any bench, let alone the Supreme Court.
We have over a decade of records and opinions from Kavaaugh where he has been a federal circuit court judge, they show the complete opposite from what you said.

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
You have said the verboten. It will be used to invalidate anything else you have said. Whenever you're getting fired up and thinking "You know what? There's some truth to the verboten." keep it to yourself.
What?

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
CERTAIN DETAILS? How about ANY salient details as in she doesn't remember much of anything.
She remembers the assault. That's the part most women remember quite well. Ask any of the credible women here who have spoken frankly about their assaults. Many of them have seconded Ford's inability to recall many of the superfluous details while remembering the assault perfectly and in vivid detail.

But I suppose they are all lying, too. Because that's what women do, right?

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
what's the aclu doing getting involved here?
i guess we all knew their endless claims of being non-partisan were a huge joke.

ACLU is spending more than $1 million in TV ads comparing Kavanaugh to Bill Clinton, Cosby

Old 10-02-2018, 09:05 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
I was in the car listening to her Senate testimony. She came off sounding like a scatter brained twelve year old girl. who needs her hand held for her by others who will make decisions all her decisions for her.

Other people told her to take a polygraph, they told her to talk to a newspaper reporter, they told her to send a letter to Feinstein. As if she were a silly little 12 year old girl, who needed adults telling her what to do. It was so odd.

Even the way she could not remember anything, not just from 36 years ago, but from just two months ago. This only reinforced the little girl persona. She came off like a little girl who didn’t feel she needed to know anything or to remember anything, because she had the adults holding her hand and making all her decisions for her.

From just two months ago, Ford didn’t know who paid for her polygraph, she has two lawyers helping her for free, can’t remember if she even gave the newspaper reporter her therapy records, didn’t know the senate offered to visit her in California for her testimony.

And from 36 years ago, she does not know where she was, what month or day it was. She does not remember who was there, or how she got home. She is the epitome of the worst nightmare client for a prosecution lawyer. completely unreliable, and non credible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies