Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 09:16 PM

29,445 posts, read 14,631,447 times

Advertisements

Okay, enough already. The damage is done, and regardless of the FBI investigation outcome , BK is tarnished. He should withdraw and Trump can nominate another. Amy Barrett perhaps ? The dems should be happy with that one...i would think. She isn't an evil old white guy.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:19 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,020,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Okay, enough already. The damage is done, and regardless of the FBI investigation outcome , BK is tarnished. He should withdraw and Trump can nominate another. Amy Barrett perhaps ? The dems should be happy with that one...i would think. She isn't an evil old white guy.
Nope, no way. They railroad a guy on false accusations and get away with it, that only encourages more of the same in the future. It’s time to take a stand.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:19 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,409,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
He had close access to the President. White House counsel and staff secretary.
Well, "access" is in regards to level of security screening, not that you just have access. So a person with yankee, say a secret service person or his chief of staff, will not go through the thorough security motions to enter the WH and access the president, or those with yankee have intimate access, like making his lunch or cleaning, but still may have to go through the security screening motions.

There are WH workers who do not have yankee and who do not go through an SSBI, but when they go there, they have a full security screening to get in.

Edit: for example, Kelly will not be going through security screenings just to access the president, but a cook will, both have yankee clearance, both do have very close, intimate access to the president.

I am not too familiar with WH operations though, just know there are different levels of access and screenings, even under the same clearance. It is very position driven though, so I do not know where Kavanaugh's position would place him in this.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:21 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,313,875 times
Quote:
Nope, no way. They railroad a guy on false accusations and get away with it, that only encourages more of the same in the future. It’s time to take a stand.
I feel like people are doing just that. Except for the people who still think this is about a Supreme Court seat.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:22 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,534,911 times
reps going proactive on swetnick.

https://www.republicanleader.senate....form=hootsuite

29,445 posts, read 14,631,447 times
Quote:
Good point...just was curious what they would try with a female nominee.

13,703 posts, read 7,979,859 times
About Kav. temper: Sure he was pissed off at the hearing. Most people who saw their reputation being trashed by an untrue and particularly ugly allegation would be.

But why would Ford lie? I understand there are people in this country who wake up every morning bitter and obsessed with the fact Trump is president.

I think as time goes by it will come to light Dr. Ford is a bit of a nutter. And unlike others who hate Trump with an passion this woman was going to take her hatred/obsession to another level.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:23 PM

18,008 posts, read 27,450,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Is Kavanaugh showing "dry drunk" syndrome? From the Recovery Village:
  • Resentment toward whoever made them stop drinking.
  • Frustration and anger when they realize they can’t have a “normal” drinking life.
  • Regret that they may not have lived to their full potential because of their drinking.
  • Trouble accepting and taking responsibility for any inappropriate behavior they engaged in while they were drinking.
  • Anxiety and the fear of failure in recovery.
  • Jealousy of friends and family members who don’t struggle with addiction.
  • Nostalgia for their drinking days, which they may romanticize.
He was excessively belligerent and excessively weepy during his testimony.
Rubbish.

The only thing y'all know about Kavanaugh is his Scotus nomination hearings and his recent Defend your life from Rape and Attempted Murder Allegations Hearing.

You can throw the later hearings out and judge his behavior on the first ones, if you want to be unbiased. Or you can judge him however you would like, it just won't amount to anything.

Now, wrt his drinking. He says he enjoyed beers with friends back then and he still enjoys them now.

I'd imagine he's probably a social drinker or just an occasional drinker.

Just to be sure, dig up all the info you can muster on him, exactly how many crimes has Brett Kavanaugh been charged with throughout his whole lifetime wrt drinking alcohol?

Let's start there. How many DUIs does he have, has he been charged with, public intoxications, open containers, drunken disorderlys, trips to detox, anything alcohol related?

What do ya got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post

Waa! Why don't you Wepubwicans just Qwit!? Waa! give us our Pwesidency back! Waa! Get a new Jwudge waa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Now that woman has some issues, she makes Ford look sane and credible, lol.
Do ya think she had a sex tape or two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDeKalb View Post
The only problem is that anything short of a Jeffery Dahmer-esque incident, Republican’s don’t care. They’ve actually said it. The President himself has set a new precedent for perceived bad behavior. Not even a sex tape would move the needle, that is where we are today.

Time isn’t on Kavanaugh’s side though. Republican leadership is fully aware of this, hence the rush to confirm.
The msm truly brainwashes people I see. It's a cult of sorts. I have empathy for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Agreed.

Hopefully they stay firm, and these unsubstantiated claims do nothing to change the confirmation of Kavanaugh to come in a week or two.
In some sick way, this will probably only help the Republicans and the SCOTUS nomination in the end.

All doubt will be removed and the whole of the Democrat Senate will be as badly trashed as the weaponized politicized criminalized "Intelligence" Community.

Ironically, this will be the FBIs first opportunity at making the amend.

How will the whole Democrat Senate committee make the amend to we the people? Judge Brett Kavanaugh and his wife and daughters? His parents? To all of the Republican Party and their attempts to run our country, spare the shickenchit Senator Flame and his elevator rides?

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-30-2018 at 10:05 PM..

Old 09-30-2018, 09:24 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,263,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post

Two sources told CNN that Ford and Kavanaugh's names were NOT on the initial list of witnesses given by Senate Republicans to the White House for the FBI to interview. Sources familiar with Ford's legal team have told CNN that Ford and her lawyers have not heard from the FBI.

FBI agents are expected to interview several people who Ford said were present at the party where the alleged assault took place, including Mark Judge, Patrick J. Smyth and Leland Keyser, sources familiar with the matter told CNN.

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/30/polit...ion/index.html
That's the way it works - the way they do these checks is to talk to people who KNOW the person they are investigating. At some point, after gathering the other interviews and checking what facts are available -- they will interview Kavanaugh and Ford. They both went to very small schools and had a group centered around the Country Club - they have a pool to work from.

Kavanaugh will agree to the FBI Interview -- Ford will probably not. Her lawyers wouldn't even let her answer the benign questions in the Senate hearing and kept shutting off her mike.

Ramirez has agreed to the interview - but that could change, all of her witnesses say 'never happened'.
The guy who recanted on his Boat Rape charges is already in deep doo-doo.

Turns out it's against the Law to fabricate information during a Senate Judicial Confirmation - now that the Democrats insisted the FBI get involved - they are checking them all.
Also checking who leaked the Ford Letter.

The FBI has already checked Kavanaugh back to kindergarten -- I'm not kidding about that.
You have no idea what these things are like until you have been involved in them.
One of the references we gave of a high school friend was never questioned ..... but his parents neighbors were all interviewed. They check backgrounds on everyone in your family, everyone listed as as a reference and then they check out their friends.

I've been interviewed 3-4 times by the FBI for Security Investigations on other people. In each case they asked me for 3 other names of people that I though might know the person they were checking on.
In each case - I was aware the interview was because of their job and Security Clearance.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:24 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,020,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Well, "access" is in regards to level of security screening, not that you just have access. So a person with yankee, say a secret service person or his chief of staff, will not go through the thorough security motions to enter the WH and access the president, or those with yankee have intimate access, like making his lunch or cleaning, but still may have to go through the security screening motions.

There are WH workers who do not have yankee and who do not go through an SSBI, but when they go there, they have a full security screening to get in.

I am not too familiar with WH operations though, just know there are different levels of access and screenings, even under the same clearance. It is very position driven though, so I do not know where Kavanaugh's position would place him in this.
I worked Intel so not so familiar with WH clearance policies either like you noted. However, if I had to guess, he would require a very high level given the information he was asked or potentially asked to review as WH counsel. Now, I’m sure you know clearance does not equate to actually having access to information. It’s both a combination of clearance and need to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies