Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 02:02 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,503,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Let's consider a hypothetical.

ANY OTHER SIMILAR APPLICATION PROCESS.

I am selected for a potential high profile job.

During the interview process 3 women accuse me of sexual misconduct.

I then accuse half the members of the board of directors with fabricating the accusations in a political conspiracy against me.

500 other professionals in my field sign a letter to the board saying they do not believe I should get the position.

What are the chances I will ultimately get the job?
The notion that what happened last Thursday was a 'job interview' is preposterous. That was a well-planned interrogation of a person accused of sexual assault, the culmination of attacks by the very people who made it clear from day 1 they didn't want Kavanaugh confirmed.

As for the 500, I wonder how many have tried a case, served as a judge, or been the subject of an inquisition where there are no rules of evidence, hearsay, where anything can be said or implied about them. How many actually watched Kavanaugh in action over the past 12 years, listening to oral arguments, asking questions, interacting with colleagues and staff. I'd bet closer to zero than 500. The ABA's Judicial Review Committee is a better barometer than the 500, and they gave him their highest rating, unanimously.

The drip, drip, drip of attacks over anger, temperament, bias, belligerent drunk might defeat him in the end, but this is all about his judicial philosophy and Trump's victory over Clinton.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:04 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It's obvious that the left, including maybe you yourself, approve of falsely accusing someone of committing sexual assault, and then to simply continue publicly slandering them, regardless of the fact that you have no proof of their guilt whatsoever.
There have been no false accusations.
Only ignored accusations and public slander of the accuser s by the President of the United States who has clearly pulled the investigation into the truth or falsity of the accusations three days before the deadline.

Who s the cheater did you say?

Old 10-03-2018, 02:04 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,141,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Either she is lying under oath or Kavanaugh is. THere is overwhelming evidence that Kavanaugh lied about at least some things in his testimony. Nothing for her yet. Who to believe? Who to believe?

I'll go with Kavanaugh, since EVERYONE is denying EVERYTHING Dr. Ford has said happened. Heck, even ford's own best friend, Leland, at the time, says she never went to any party like Ford describes. She has even gone so far as saying she never met Brett Kavanaugh in her life, must less hung out with him in 1982.

Christine Ford has ZERO credibility, none.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:07 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,264,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby
New York Times got the name from an article written by the Wall Street Journal on September 19, 2018
I should have remembered this myself - I read the WSJ article.
Portrait of Kavanaugh Accuser Christine Blasey Ford: Thorough, Guarded, Accomplished Academic |WSJ 10/19/18.
Sorry - it has a paywall, I'm a subscriber.

This is the relevant part:

After high school, Dr. Ford threw herself into her studies, spending much of her time working in research labs, Ms. Piwowarski said.

At Pepperdine University in Malibu, Calif., where she pursued a master’s degree, she learned to surf and met Brian Merrick, an avid surfer, through mutual friends. They started dating around the end of 1991, which blossomed into an eight-year relationship, said Mr. Merrick, adding that she was “sweet, cute and with a good attitude.” He met and grew fond of her family in the Washington, D.C. area, describing her father as a self-made man whose conservative views sometimes clashed with her liberal outlook. But Mr. Merrick never saw her become involved in or working for a political cause.

At no point in their relationship did she mention an incident involving Judge Kavanaugh—whose name he had never heard before—or any case of sexual assault.

“It strikes me as odd it never came up in our relationship,” Mr. Merrick said. “But I would never try to discredit what she says or what she believes.”

Mr Merrick apparently (from his letter to Grassley) got concerned when he heard that Blasey Ford had taken a polygraph and decided to contact the Judiciary Committee - they have talked to him several times and now have a statement under Penalty of Perjury.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post

Kibby ... your take may differ from mine but I always take the time to read what you write because I respect your sourcing and that you do not cherry-pick content.
Thank you - couldn't rep you, apparently I've recently done so.

I don't expect people to have the "same take" - I don't bother with that stuff, I'm Liberal in lots of ways and Conservative in others - what I am interested is always reliable information because Knowledge is Power. My "Power" is that I'm a free thinker. I'm also a News Junkie. My sourcing is good because I posted for 10 years in Arab Forums - 3 different sects. Each post had to be approved (until I was given Moderator freedom/status) and the source had to be SOLID.

It's a habit - but it's also the best way to inform and it's my hobby.
Those that get through my admittedly wordy posts are to be congratulated - I know they are sometimes long. Information suppresses my snark factor.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:07 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,515,336 times
The leftists said Ford sounded "credible" to them during her testimony, because she whined and emoted and spoke like a whimpering little girl all the way through her testimony. But when you look at the facts, without the emotional acting out, she appears to be remarkably uncredible.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:09 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,449,955 times
Trump said she sounded credible.

Until his RW overlords corrected him.

Or his brain exploded.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:10 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The notion that what happened last Thursday was a 'job interview' is preposterous. That was a well-planned interrogation of a person accused of sexual assault, the culmination of attacks by the very people who made it clear from day 1 they didn't want Kavanaugh confirmed.

As for the 500, I wonder how many have tried a case, served as a judge, or been the subject of an inquisition where there are no rules of evidence, hearsay, where anything can be said or implied about them. How many actually watched Kavanaugh in action over the past 12 years, listening to oral arguments, asking questions, interacting with colleagues and staff. I'd bet closer to zero than 500. The ABA's Judicial Review Committee is a better barometer than the 500, and they gave him their highest rating, unanimously.

The drip, drip, drip of attacks over anger, temperament, bias, belligerent drunk might defeat him in the end, but this is all about his judicial philosophy and Trump's victory over Clinton.
The ABA requested he withdraw his nomination / candidacy for the position ... the day after his breakdown under pressure to tell the truth.

Jesuit Society also requested he withdraw.

Two Yale school mates who wrote letters of reference for Kavenaugh have pulled their support. Rescinded their reference.

Kavenaughs display of belligerence and entitlement is more proof positive that he has belligerently attempted, and actually had sexually assaulted women.
He is of low character.
He belongs on a park bench. Not the bench of the highest court in the land.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
There have been no false accusations.
Ford's allegations are false unless she can prove them true, and she has not. Ford has said:

Leland and Ford hung out with Brett Kavanaugh in 1982 - false

Leland and Ford, Smyth, and Judge were at a small house party together in 1982, drinking beer - false

In Ford's therapy sessions she NEVER mentioned Brett Kavanugh, during her sessions, and her comments to the news media she said the attack took place in the late eighties, then the mid eighties. It was not until Kavanugh was a nominee that Ford suddenly names Kavanaugh and decides her attack took place in 1982. She's all over the map, SHE IS NOT CREDIBLE.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:13 PM

5,730 posts, read 2,191,694 times
Quote:

Kavenaughs display of belligerence and entitlement is more proof positive that he has belligerently attempted, and actually had sexually assaulted women.
He is of low character.
This is insane. This is why you lose elections. A man attempts to defend his honor against unfounded allegations and you say its proof he’s a sexual assaulter.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
The ABA requested he withdraw his nomination / candidacy for the position ... the day after his breakdown under pressure to tell the truth.

Jesuit Society also requested he withdraw.

Two Yale school mates who wrote letters of reference for Kavenaugh have pulled their support. Rescinded their reference.

He is of low character.

Just like any of us, Kavanaugh is entitled, to be innocent until proven guilty, not to be blindsided by our own US Senator's with slander, and a public lynching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies