Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 08:24 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
The Dems look like even bigger fools for continuing on with their diatribe.

The Republicans look like even bigger fools for continuing on with their diatribe. The Republicans, just need to sit, back and relax. Kavanaugh is dishonest, but he probably will be confirmed. I have no problem with Kavanaugh serving on the Supreme Court.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:25 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Exactly. But you know what? It doesn't matter. He will be confirmed anyway. By continuing to support Kavanaugh, supporters are saying they will not believe a woman in their lives who says she was sexually assaulted. They will not believe their wife, or their daughter, or sister if there is no "proof." It has to be on videotape, or her friend has to witness it or something. Otherwise, she's just a liar. Make no mistake, that is what you are saying. They are also saying it's OK for a judge on the highest court in the land to lie under oath numerous times. A man who will be a judge for decades. It's OK because he is a conservative. They would never hire such a man to clean their office or run their cash register, but they would hire him for Supreme Court justice. As long as he's a Republican, that's all that matters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What a load of crap.....

But since you like to make stuff up, I bet those daughters and sisters can provide when, where, and other details that would make their statements more believable....oh and I bet you they would go to the police also...

See how easy that is....

I didn't report my assault to the police either. Many women don't. But never mind that. No Kavanaugh supporter ever addresses why it's OK to confirm a judge who perjures himself to the Supreme Court. Talking about that makes you uncomfortable, doesn't it?

Old 10-05-2018, 08:27 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
A senator who wants to do the right thing may experience this upcoming confirmation vote as a tragic choice in either direction. Setting aside issues of temperament or possible lies to the Judiciary Committee, the conflict at its core is between two impulses...

It's better to pass over 10 innocent nominees than to risk having a justice guilty of assault on the Supreme Court

Old 10-05-2018, 08:28 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Heard another story the other day from my lawyer friend that is a straight-D Democrat.

Had a client accused of doing something *bad*. Hard Physical evidence showed that they couldn't possibly have been at the place at the time as was being claimed.....judge dismissed the whole thing.

Gotta be careful people when dragging out the torches and pitchforks....in fact, in this case the accused wasn't even male. *cough*

Old 10-05-2018, 08:28 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
I didn't report my assault to the police either. Many women don't. But never mind that. No Kavanaugh supporter ever addresses why it's OK to confirm a judge who perjures himself to the Supreme Court. Talking about that makes you uncomfortable, doesn't it?
I cannot help that, that was a decision that you made....but still does not negate the fact of what I said....I would tell all that have been assaulted to report it...period....

Your leftist buddies in the senate are not even trying to say he perjured himself......maybe you need to run and tell them what you know, they obviously don't know as much as you...

Old 10-05-2018, 08:29 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It is an absolutely appropriate comparison. The state of Mississippi murdered a 14-year old child because the woman accusing him was automatically assumed to be telling the truth and he was burdened with trying to prove he was innocent - and anyone who tried to provide him support faced peril of their own just for implying she might not be telling the truth. Sound familiar? Yeah, the stakes are less perilous but the dismal of the presumption of innocence is the same and the attacking of anyone disputing the accusser’s story are the same.

What terrifies me about all of this is that I keep thinking is that if an affluent, well connected, middle aged white man can be automatically considered guilty to unsubstantiated charges from decades ago what chance would my younger, black sons, grandsons, and nephews have?
It is scary.

Especially when we have an entire political party who have lowered the standards to convict someone of a crime, is by charging them with "salacious and unverified" rumor and innuendo.

Even if the criminal charge is from 36 years ago, and you have no corroborating witnesses and no evidence.

Last edited by Wapasha; 10-05-2018 at 08:48 AM..

Old 10-05-2018, 08:29 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Exactly. But you know what? It doesn't matter. He will be confirmed anyway. By continuing to support Kavanaugh, supporters are saying they will not believe a woman in their lives who says she was sexually assaulted.
You sound just like those who lynched Emmet Till. Think very carefully about that.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:30 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Your attitude is exactly why women don’t come forward.
If the women are liars like Ford is, they shouldn't come forward.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:32 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
Kavanaugh is a liar. If the Senate doesn't confirm Kavanaugh, Clarence Thomas should be removed from the Supreme Court, right is right!

Kavanaugh's former classmates, 'drinking buddies' call on Senate to vote 'no' on confirmation

Old 10-05-2018, 08:33 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Excellent point. I worry about that, too, regarding all minorities. The left is causing society to regress back to repeating horrendous miscarriages of justice. Why?
Those who do not learn from their past..repeat it. That's why.

Our nation is so young...200 years is equivalent to the tween years..where we still stomp our feet...bully others and yet wish to be given independent leisure to kick someone out of the tree club.

Until someone tells this young nation of ours that we are just now heading into our teen angst years...we are fooling ous selves at saying 'we are the greatest nation!' We are not...and every day we affirm just how nationality deluded we are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies