Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 06:23 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,691,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
She has been a long time democrat activist, marched against Trump, so she knew she would be the darling of the democrat party and Hollywood. Their heroic savior from Kavanaugh. I am sure her movie script and her book dealis are being written up as I write.

To promote her book, she will travel in Private Jet from one TV studio to other. That time, there will be no fear of flying !!

Old 10-05-2018, 06:23 AM

718 posts, read 599,658 times
https://www.wsj.com/articles/friend-...ent-1538715152

Quote:
Leland Keyser, who Dr. Ford has said was present at the gathering where she was allegedly assaulted in the 1980s, told investigators that Monica McLean, a retired Federal Bureau of Investigation agent and a friend of Dr. Ford’s, had urged her to clarify her statement, the people said.

The statement to the FBI offers a glimpse into how Dr. Ford’s allies were working behind the scenes to lobby old classmates to bolster their versions of the alleged incident, as were Judge Kavanaugh’s.

Judge Kavanaugh, whose Supreme Court nomination will be debated in the Senate Friday, has denied the allegations of sexual misconduct.

On Thursday, a day after sending to the White House the report on its investigation into the allegations against Judge Kavanaugh, the FBI sent the White House and Senate an additional package of information that included text messages from Ms. McLean to Ms. Keyser, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-05-2018 at 06:41 AM.. Reason: Too much copyrighted material

Old 10-05-2018, 06:24 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times
Default Women’s March Twitter says Kavanaugh should not be confirmed because he looks “capable” of sexual assault

Women's March

@womensmarch

Kavanaugh was angry, vindictive, and hostile during his testimony about Dr. Blasey Ford’s allegations of attempted rape. We fully believe a man this belligerent and entitled is capable of sexual assault.

We #BelieveSurvivors.
We have #NoFaithInKavanaugh.
4:37 PM - Oct 3, 2018

So, that's all it takes now?

Being capable?

Old 10-05-2018, 06:28 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,043 times
https://twitter.com/womensmarch/stat...01580579667968

Old 10-05-2018, 06:28 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Tucker Carlson said this a few days ago and I’m stealing it. On Kavanaugh’s response to the unsubstantiated rape allegations that so many Democrats now want to use as a disqualifying reason - you punched a man in the face and are now outraged he fought back.

Democrats expected him to fold under the pressure they put on him between the hearings and the massive smear campaign via the media. He did not. And then he called them on their irresponsible and shameless behavior. Democrats on the committee thoroughly earned the scorn from both Kavanaugh and everyone else who joins him in calling out the Democrats for their horrible behavior.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:29 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,005,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Look, he probably did it and was too drunk to remember. That's how it comes to pass that both of these characters really believe they tell the truth.
Yes, CBF may or may not truly believe her allegations. If she really does (which I no longer believe myself) this may have been the result of a series of fantasies created during her therapy sessions (and medications) that combined to create 'recovered memories' of a traumatic experience, but with fuzzy details of exactly who, what or where.

But no one questioned CBF about other traumatic events that may have contributed to her mental state, especially regarding her relationships with men (principally her father, husband, father figures, coaches, other boyfriends, etc). Elements of these traumatic events could have been combined in her fabricated 'recovered memories'.

And finally, and most importantly, no one questioned her history of mental health (psychological trauma, therapies, medications, etc.). These all have significant impact on the brain and long-term memories.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:32 AM

46,310 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Tucker Carlson said this a few days ago and I’m stealing it. On Kavanaugh’s response to the unsubstantiated rape allegations that so many Democrats now want to use as a disqualifying reason - you punched a man in the face and are now outraged he fought back.

Democrats expected him to fold under the pressure they put on him between the hearings and the massive smear campaign via the media. He did not. And then he called them on their irresponsible and shameless behavior. Democrats on the committee thoroughly earned the scorn from both Kavanaugh and everyone else who joins him in calling out the Democrats for their horrible behavior.

Standing up for yourself is alien to the left, you are supposed to succumb to anything that is stated about you and you must self admit that no matter the allegation you are wrong....

Old 10-05-2018, 06:32 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
There's a special place in hell for Mitch McConnell, and I hope he rots for all eternity. He sold his soul for power decades ago.

Why?

Because he is not going to condemn a man based on mob rule? Since when is mob rule justice?

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-05-2018 at 06:44 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 10-05-2018, 06:33 AM

89,052 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Other Justices weren't accused of Rape by the democrats or the GOP. Other justices haven't faced what Kavanaugh has. He is justified in his outrage.
Why would anyone believe an unfounded conspiracy theory? There is more evidence of a conspiracy than what Ford had when she accused him of rape. Feinstein sat on evidence long enough to possibly delay a vote.
The Denms came out in mass condemning Kavanaugh for his alleged attempted rape. In other words they painted him as guilty.
And that is highly problematic. When one of the two major parties (cough, DEMS) eschews presumed innocent until proven guilty for presumed guilty, that's the end of this country. At that point, it becomes a tyrannical fascist state. They can accuse you of anything with no evidence and/or corroboration whatsoever and declare you to be automatically guilty.
Quote:
I am no conservative I am a conservative leaning Independent. I dont care if Kavanaugh is selected or not. I care about the crap the democrats pulled. The guilty until proven innocent approach. Now many of the very posters who claimed because it wasn't a trial Presumption of innocence doesn't matter. Now the talking point is that it was a job interview. I never heard of any job interview where you are first accused of a heinous crime then required to defend your self.
Neither have I.
Quote:
Ginsburg is absolutely political and absolutely biased. They all are to some extent. That is why the 2 parties push hard to get their pick in there. They a justice who thinks like they do.

Finally. Because the GOP did it isn't a valid excuse for anyone else. But for the record the GOP as a group did not accuse any of Obama's picks of rape based upon the most unfounded allegations ever.
Exactly.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:33 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,203,264 times
I think they are now at DEFCON 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies