Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 04:18 AM

19,833 posts, read 12,086,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
She lied. Multiple times. Reasonable people know why, know her motives, know that DiFi used her, and know that CBF was fully onboard with being used.

https://www.realclearinvestigations....r_account.html

Old 10-05-2018, 04:18 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
If a women doesn't want it then "no" should always be said. If a woman fears for her life then it's up to her own judgment whether to say no or not.
You make it sound so easy. As I have stated before, men are usually stronger than women. Women, need more martial arts in their lives. No, should be all that's needed. But tell that to an over hyped up guy "wanting it."

Fearing for our lives and sometimes our future, raising a child from an unwanted sexual assault. Too bad men can't give birth to one of those kids. Oh, no it's all on the woman......give me a break. More education and empathy needs to be spread around. Not notches on belts.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:35 AM

19,833 posts, read 12,086,768 times
My mom took me to a rape prevention class when I was 10. I remember at the time thinking she was overreacting but she came from South America and was older so it probably contributed to her caution. It did teach me situational awareness as well as ways to protect myself if I was being raped. A woman is not at fault for being raped but they certainly can minimize the chances of being a victim.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:39 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
She lied. Multiple times. Reasonable people know why, know her motives, know that DiFi used her, and know that CBF was fully onboard with being used.
She has been a long time democrat activist, marched against Trump, so she knew she would be the darling of the democrat party and Hollywood. Their heroic savior from Kavanaugh. I am sure her movie script and her book dealis are being written up as I write.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:03 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Well he has proven he is a partisan hack so that's one thing dead against him. Will he have to recuse himself from cases involving liberal groups since he seemingly has a bias against them or if he don't does that mean the rulings would be good? He is spoiled goods and for the Republicans to continue to shove this through proves it was a ramrod prior to the midterms when they didn't even give Garland a fair process. The Senate Republicans can kiss my add if they just rubber stamp this good-looking partisan hack who might also be a rapist.

So, rbg has stated how she feels about trump...

Should she recuse herself from anything that is trump related that comes before the SC?

The left can kiss my backside if they say anything other than yes to the partisan drunk, sleeping hack rbg...

Old 10-05-2018, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Are you saying I need to knwo him personally?

Trump trashed Ford without knowing her personally.

Are you holding me to higher standards then POTUS?

Please tell me.

Nope, but you should have some sort of proof, yes? What is your absolute proof that he is a drunk, today.

Trump stated what she stated, how is that trashing her?

Please tell us...

Old 10-05-2018, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post

Agreed, she did lie....

Old 10-05-2018, 05:16 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, rbg has stated how she feels about trump...

Should she recuse herself from anything that is trump related that comes before the SC?

The left can kiss my backside if they say anything other than yes to the partisan drunk, sleeping hack rbg...
Yes she probably should recuse herself if a case came before her regarding Trump but I don't expect any issues directly related to Trump to come before the court, do you>

If she made that statement at a hearing she should be disqualified, a SCJ should demonstrate independence, demeanor and fairness beyond any doubt. Remember Kavanauhg's 2015 speech where he stated "a judge shouldn't be a jerk and avoid any semblance of partisanship".

What did you see last Thursday but a judge screaming about conspiracy theories and insulting senators, that's the judge you want on the high court. I'm betting the 8 other justices on the court hoping he doesn't get appointed.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:18 AM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
He lied. Multiple times. Reasonable people call that unfit to serve.
Really???

Reasonable people wouldn’t have him up there answering for an alleged, uncorroborated “incident” from a high school party (that nobody remembers happening) 36 years ago.

Power is all the Democrats care about. It is so important that they willingly...no...eagerly destroy a man’s reputation over it. This whole thing was a farce.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes she probably should recuse herself if a case came before her regarding Trump but I don't expect any issues directly related to Trump to come before the court, do you>.
I said anything trump related...nice that you feel it necessary to change my words to fit your argument

and...

Immigration, just off the top of my head....

Quote:
If she made that statement at a hearing she should be disqualified, a SCJ should demonstrate independence, demeanor and fairness beyond any doubt. Remember Kavanauhg's 2015 speech where he stated "a judge shouldn't be a jerk and avoid any semblance of partisanship"..

Why does it have to be at a hearing? She stated how she felt about trump, does not matter where or when it happen, she apologized for it....the apology does not matter, she stated it, and that is how she felt. Do you really think that when she apologized she changed her mind on how she felt about trump?

So, rbg stated how she felt about trump...is that not partisanship?

Quote:
What did you see last Thursday but a judge screaming about conspiracy theories and insulting senators, that's the judge you want on the high court. I'm betting the 8 other justices on the court hoping he doesn't get appointed.

I seen a person stand up for himself, I know that's scary for people on the left.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies