Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 12:24 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,416,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
WOW,

Church council representing 40 million Americans calls for Kavanaugh to withdraw.

there is no hiding from this trumpers, even gods reps on earth are calling for Kavanugh stop. They say his temperament and his political bias is disqualifies him..

https://www.whsv.com/content/news/Ch...495105751.html
Now leftists care what churches say, lol.

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
It's truly bizarre; the Cult seems to think that one-party rule will be just the ticket for them. Might feel nice now to think they have "won" but let's look down the road 20 or 30 years. I foresee a bitter harvest for these fools.
It may actually work out ok. Shoving the guy through is bound to infuriate people and there should be an exceptionally good Dem turnout in November to ensure a wave. Anger does that. Look at Capitol Hill right now--lots of protesters who are young and engaged--people will be so angry at the Kavanaugh jammed through confirmation.

The religious and alt-right will have what they want--no motivation to show up. As someone said yesterday, voters don't show up to thank you. Kavanaugh can be investigated and/or impeached down the line. He definitely perjured himself and that can be proven by the people who the WH would not let the FBI interview. They can do a real investigation later on after the obstructionists are gone.

2,359 posts, read 1,035,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post

Why didn't they interview her and Kavanaugh?

They already had the sworn testimony of both. Both also stated at the conclusion of their testimony that they had nothing else to offer the Committee. That being the case, obviously, there was no need to interview either one, since their statements were already on the record.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:25 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
But did the FBI go back far enough and did they whitewash other evidence? Maybe he tried to hold a girls hand on the playground or school bus or something. The dems are saying conspiracy and their tin foil helmets are never wrong.
I think they ought to go back further. I bet he flashed his naked penis at teenage girls numerous times during 1966-1969 time frame.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:27 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,582,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I heard that Kavanaugh flashed his privates at the nurse in the delivery room the day he was born. The nerve of this guy!

Okay that one got me.

He's still not SCOTUS material though he may very well make it.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I heard that Kavanaugh flashed his privates at the nurse in the delivery room the day he was born. The nerve of this guy!
Hahaha - you beat mine.

If I were Democrats this kind of scoffing would concern me - it means people think they are being ridiculous enough that it is a big joke.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:32 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I bet he flashed his naked penis at teenage girls numerous times during 1966-1969 time frame.
You lose.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:37 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
But did the FBI go back far enough and did they whitewash other evidence? Maybe he tried to hold a girls hand on the playground or school bus or something. The dems are saying conspiracy and their tin foil helmets are never wrong.
I garuntee you Trump may have even personally asked Kav if there is any salacious stuff in his background.
They knew about all of it.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It may actually work out ok. Shoving the guy through is bound to infuriate people and there should be an exceptionally good Dem turnout in November to ensure a wave. Anger does that. Look at Capitol Hill right now--lots of protesters who are young and engaged--people will be so angry at the Kavanaugh jammed through confirmation.

The religious and alt-right will have what they want--no motivation to show up. As someone said yesterday, voters don't show up to thank you. Kavanaugh can be investigated and/or impeached down the line. He definitely perjured himself and that can be proven by the people who the WH would not let the FBI interview. They can do a real investigation later on after the obstructionists are gone.
That may well be true. However, I belong to neither group but I am absolutely livid about the circus the Democrats have forced us all to endure for political points. Every second of this could have been avoided by Diane Feinstein handing that letter to the FBI when she got it instead of holding it until it could cause the most havoc. Livid. I’m absolutely committed to being there Election Day to make my outrage known.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:40 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Don't you think the public should be able to read the FBI information?
I wouldn't mind seeing it, but they would have to black out all those witnesses. You have to protect witnesses or nobody would ever talk to the FBI again. Parts are leaking out of course, those fatheads can't keep their mouths shut. The radio said they spent three hours with Mr Judge and a good deal of time with Ms Rameirez (sp?).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies