Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 08:36 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,514,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So why isn’t it available to the public if there is nothing new. Trump asked to disclose classified information from the Page FISA warrant but this is much too dangerous for the public eye. There is one copy of the report and each senator will have less than one hour to review, this is a ridiculous process. The question is, will they even read it before approve Kavanaugh.
The report is not expected to contain any material new disclosures. There are apparently less than 10 Senators who have not effectively declared how they will vote. Any marginal Senators will need to read it before the cloture vote. The rest will have until Saturday. If the word is that there is nothing in it to change anyone's mind, then probably quite a few Senators will not bother to read it.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:37 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,196,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Maybe you did not read or comprhened when I said "in the senate"...Are YOU in the senate?

Who in the senate is saying he is lying and pushing that narrative?

I listened to the entire thing also...
I don't know or care what the Senate is saying. The American people need to make their own decisions and tell their representatives how they feel. The Senate does not tell me how to feel, politicians are supposed to be public servants who listen to us, not dictate to us. He's comitted purjury and is highly partisan to the point where he can't be trusted if a case involves his "enemies." He has no business on the Supreme Court.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:39 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I don't know or care what the Senate is saying. The American people need to make their own decisions and tell their representatives how they feel. The Senate does not tell me how to feel, politicians are supposed to be public servants who listen to us, not dictate to us. He's comitted purjury and is highly partisan to the point where he can't be trusted if a case involves his "enemies." He has no business on the Supreme Court.
He would make a damn good spokesperson in a commercial for beer!

Old 10-03-2018, 08:41 PM

17,340 posts, read 11,266,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
There's your problem. Your Senator doesn't only represent you and it's pretty arrogant to assume he's going to ignore what other people want so you can have your way. You live in a Republic. Obviously other people have different opinions than you do.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:41 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's true; his liver will likely give out before then.

Still, given as many lies as Bart put forth during his raging tantrum, I wouldn't be pointing any fingers if I were the Senate Republicans.

Renate Alumnus is a term of endearment! She was one of us! :roll eyes:

Devil's triangle is a drinking game with 3 cups !
This is ridiculous as everyone knows terms and slang are fluid and change all the time, in different groups and locals. I have NEVER heard that the Devil's Triangle was anything other than a drinking game.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:42 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The report is not expected to contain any material new disclosures. There are apparently less than 10 Senators who have not effectively declared how they will vote. Any marginal Senators will need to read it before the cloture vote. The rest will have until Saturday. If the word is that there is nothing in it to change anyone's mind, then probably quite a few Senators will not bother to read it.
How exactly will we know there is nothing new in the report, I think we can see where this is heading.

Less than an hour for each senator to view one report.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:43 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,196,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee;53267042[B
]When you go to a meeting of your boss you are considered on the job.....she was drunk on the job.
[/b]

You can add anything in you want, but that does not negate the fact the SHE (rbg) said she was not 100% sober....period end of story.

Why would you apologize for something you did not do, nor ANY of those that she stated were there said they don't remember, including her life long friend? Let's not forget her LIFE long friend she never met BK....All the while ford said her best fiend knew her.....
Kennedy brought the wine, he was not 100% sober either, so what? Her job is to be a judge, she was not engaged in her job. It was a SOTU.

He needs to apoligize for the partisan rant, you know we were discussing your complain of Ginseberg being partisan, nothing else. She just criticized Trump, she did not go on a rant against Republicans. She apologized.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:45 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
He would make a damn good spokesperson in a commercial for beer!
He would and an excellent Supreme Court Judge.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:46 PM

17,340 posts, read 11,266,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How exactly will we know there is nothing new in the report, I think we can see where this is heading.

Less than an hour for each senator to view one report.
I doubt the report is thousands of pages. It's probably pretty simple stating facts about what allegedly happened and how much credibility they found regarding Ford's testimony.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:46 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
To quote Hillary, "What difference at this point does it make?"
The vote will happen for sure this week irregardless of what ever temper tantrums and fits Democrats will have. You guys had your investigation by the FBI. It will all be over very soon.
Benghazi went on for years but this needs to be completed in a week, SCJ vacancies are suddenly an emergency in the Republican Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies