Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 08:46 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,991,770 times

Advertisements

Kavanaugh is a snake but it’s obvious the dems are clutching at straws here. They got nothing other than “oh this guy likes to get drunk. Oh wow. Along with millions of other people. No dems though I’m sure) This is going to cost them big in 2020. They shot themselves in the foot huge with this one

They should have just kept their mouths shut.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:48 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,297,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Benghazi went on for years but this needs to be completed in a week, SCJ vacancies are suddenly an emergency in the Republican Party.
Sorry to disappoint you but there is no need to drag this on for more weeks or months. You screamed you wanted an investigation and you got one. Now it's time to stop the whining and grow up.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:50 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,202,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You keep saying "he lied" but have provided ZERO evidence of that other than you saying it. You do not have insight into those terms because you were not part of his circle.

He did not lie and YOU KNOW IT.
You can keep telling yourself this nonsense but he lied, his classmates know it and so do most people who aren't blinded by a partisan cult. His classmates keep coming out to say he lied. It's quite sad and disturbing how partisan people are either lying or deluding themselves when he obviously lied.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:50 PM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
other than interviewing the people that were named as witnesses there is nothing else to investigate

maybe if we had a place where it took place there could be more investigation, but there is not.
You are prederminig an investigation, do you know something we don’t. Yes let’s see if the FBI can establish the location or any other facts.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:52 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,297,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
You can keep telling yourself this nonsense but he lied, his classmates know it and so do most people who aren't blinded by a partisan cult. His classmates keep coming out to say he lied. It's quite sad and disturbing how partisan people are either lying or deluding themselves when he obviously lied.
We heard your opinion about him lying at least 30 times. Thank you for that, but you're not going to change anything at all by repeating the same old talking point.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I think he lied about bufu. What's the statue of limitations on bufu?
He did, and the perjury was last week so no S.O.L problems.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Am I the only one who hates Trump and despises. Kavanaugh and thinks there is no chance he won't get enough votes???
I am grateful that the. National Council of Churches and these. Law professors have come out to protest Kavanaugh's appointment but unless they have some clout (read votes or money) to use against the GOP senators, their comments are worthless...

Does anyone really think that Jeff Flake is going to vote NO and he was the one persuaded to dig in his heels for an FBI investigation yet he still voted YES out of committee-what good did an FBI investigation do???
Nothing because Kavanaugh was not questioned again
Ford was not questioned again although Grassley is acting like a turd about getting more info from her when he would not allow her therapist or the polygraph operator to testify DURING THE HEARING as they both offered to do...

The GOP has bought so wholeheartedly into Trump's playbook that I am beginning to suspect that even more of them have ties to Russian/dirty money than I previously thought and they believe they need Kavanaugh to protect themselves from Mueller's investigation at some point...
Graham certainly seems to be so afraid of some blackmail being used against him he has literally been transformed into someone 180 degrees from the Graham of the campaign and early days of the Trump administration...
Grassley is just a crotchety old fool--
If there was a picture perfect example of why term limits are better for the country he and Orin Hatch would be the Ben and Jerry mockup...
Sadly no, he'll be confirmed and serve to deepen theh partisan divide. People don't even pretend to use critical thinking anymore, just pick a side and defend to the death. It truly scares me for the future of this country when a Supreme Court nominee follows the Trump playbook and makes every effort to appeal to his highly partisan, angry base. Mentioning Hillary assured the base would start frothing at the mouth and demand he be confirmed. People are not every intelligent. K is not stupid, he knew he to appeal to, the sheep are all over this thread.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:00 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,594,869 times
The body language expert was Lillian Glass, a psychologist who's been on TV and radio for years. Didn't say anything new -- Ford was basically lying. I think the youtube channel of Body Language Ghost has a more detailed breakdown as she freeze frames the testimony to point out subtle eye and head movements.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:03 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Oh they’re going to go full on nutter. We think we’ve seen them bad before, just wait. I’m already embarrassed for them in advance.
I am too. And embarrassed for them now. How can they still believe this bs?

Old 10-03-2018, 09:05 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Took 5 years to establish the Clintons were innocent on a single real estate deal.

Took 3 days for the FBI to check out all the assorted claims of lying, bad behavior, etc.

Sure, we believe it........sounds perfectly doable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies