Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 06:34 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Why?

Because he is not going to condemn a man based on mob rule? Since when is mob rule justice?
Precisely. Democrats want it old school as in Salem 1692 old school.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:35 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Tucker Carlson said this a few days ago and I’m stealing it. On Kavanaugh’s response to the unsubstantiated rape allegations that so many Democrats now want to use as a disqualifying reason - you punched a man in the face and are now outraged he fought back.

Democrats expected him to fold under the pressure they put on him between the hearings and the massive smear campaign via the media. He did not. And then he called them on their irresponsible and shameless behavior. Democrats on the committee thoroughly earned the scorn from both Kavanaugh and everyone else who joins him in calling out the Democrats for their horrible behavior.
The hearing should have never taken place in the first place, considering there was not enough evidence...or even ANY evidence in this case.

To me, all of this “demeanor” nonsense, lying, etc, is just fruit of a poisonous tree.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:39 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
The hearing should have never taken place in the first place, considering there was not enough evidence...or even ANY evidence in this case.

To me, all of this “demeanor” nonsense, lying, etc, is just fruit of a poisonous tree.
Couldn’t agree more.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:39 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,574,952 times
Which Senate Democrat will burn a flag in Congress today?

Old 10-05-2018, 06:40 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,005,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Uhmmm what SCOTUS isn't partisan? Are you saying Ruth Ginsburg is unbiased? Are any of them?

Is he biased? Well who the hell wouldn't be after this witch hunt?
But unlike RBG, he's smart enough that he will never admit it to anyone.

The Dems pissed in the pool, now let them swim in it!

Old 10-05-2018, 06:40 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,574,952 times
Quote:
Couldn’t agree more.
You said it all! It's a sham.

Next up: they chant "Liberta! Liberta! Liberta!" Like in Scarface..

Old 10-05-2018, 06:47 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,755,015 times
Quote:
Tucker Carlson said this a few days ago and I’m stealing it. On Kavanaugh’s response to the unsubstantiated rape allegations that so many Democrats now want to use as a disqualifying reason - you punched a man in the face and are now outraged he fought back.

Democrats expected him to fold under the pressure they put on him between the hearings and the massive smear campaign via the media. He did not. And then he called them on their irresponsible and shameless behavior. Democrats on the committee thoroughly earned the scorn from both Kavanaugh and everyone else who joins him in calling out the Democrats for their horrible behavior.

Lefties don't like it when anyone fights back. States and cities that are run by democrats tend to have much stricter gun and self defense regulations. Even in our day to day interactions as citizens, if someone attacks you they would severely restrict your right to defend yourself and would prefer that you run away and tell authorities about it. And in schools, which are largely run by leftists, when there is a fight the person doing the defending gets in just as much trouble as the person doing the attacking. And if you try to fight back against a bully oftentimes the bully gets more protection than the person being bullied. The last thing the left wants to see is a citizenry that has the backbone to defend themselves.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:47 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,005,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Honestly I don’t care if he’s got a conservative bias. I actually think he was the most moderate choice Trump could pick. He was the most likely to be a swing vote like Kennedy...
WAS = Operative Word.

But I don't care - it's all on the vile, nasty Dems!

Old 10-05-2018, 06:55 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Trump said she sounded credible.

Until his RW overlords corrected him.

Or his brain exploded.
Or until we heard or read the testimony from all the witnesses that Ford cited, and none would corroborate any part of her story.

She can't remember when, where, or who, and every witness says none of her story is true. Trump did not need anyone to tell him Ford's accusations and story are false.

The only part of all this that might be credible, is that something may have happened to Ford 30 years ago, but none of people she has named had any part in it.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:57 AM

21,945 posts, read 9,513,063 times
As I am watching all this craziness, one thing strikes out at me. It's that NOT ONE SINGLE DEMOCRAT in the Senate or on here seems to have had their mind changed by the news that there is nothing else in the FBI report that came out to implicate Kavanaugh. NOT ONE. I know why the Senators aren't changing their minds or votes. It's of course because all of this was a smear campaign in the first place. What they didn't count on was that the GOP would give them their 7th investigation.

But wouldn't at least a few Democrats that are interested in the truth believe the outcome of the report if they really WERE interested in the truth?

I would really love to hear from some of you Democrats as to WHY you believe Ford. Not comments like 'Why would she come out and do this to her life...blah, blah...but things like I believe her because of _________________ fill in the blank with actual evidence.

I know that once you pick a side, it's hard to maybe admit that you were wrong. But think about it. NOT ONE DEMOCRAT OR POSTER changed their mind after the investigation. And to the Democrats voters...you are being played.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies