Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 06:57 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Precisely. Democrats want it old school as in Salem 1692 old school.
No it's more like the 1800's where the Democrats hung Black men from trees based on false accusations
They evolved and 150 years later are lynching white men based on no evidence.

Emmett Till and Brett Kavanaugh have a lot in common the way they were both treated by Democrats.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:59 AM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,782,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
As I am watching all this craziness, one thing strikes out at me. It's that NOT ONE SINGLE DEMOCRAT in the Senate or on here seems to have had their mind changed by the news that there is nothing else in the FBI report that came out to implicate Kavanaugh. NOT ONE. I know why the Senators aren't changing their minds or votes. It's of course because all of this was a smear campaign in the first place. What they didn't count on was that the GOP would give them their 7th investigation.

But wouldn't at least a few Democrats that are interested in the truth believe the outcome of the report if they really WERE interested in the truth?

I would really love to hear from some of you Democrats as to WHY you believe Ford. Not comments like 'Why would she come out and do this to her life...blah, blah...but things like I believe her because of _________________ fill in the blank with actual evidence.

I know that once you pick a side, it's hard to maybe admit that you were wrong. But think about it. NOT ONE DEMOCRAT OR POSTER changed their mind after the investigation. And to the Democrats voters...you are being played.

They're all lemmings. If they break the party-line they'll be punished by leadership and progressive groups.

Also think about it. Democratic Senate candidate and red states: if they vote for BK they'll alienate their base who need to vote for them. If they do not vote for BK they'll alienate the independents/social conservatives in those states. Lose/lose for them. And I love it!

Old 10-05-2018, 07:01 AM

718 posts, read 599,658 times
Fox News:

Expected vote at 10:30 ET

Old 10-05-2018, 07:02 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Spartacus takes his sword and undercuts decency elbowing the women out of the way.

Kennedy nails it !!!

Kennedy: Is Cory Booker the new moral arbiter?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...-moral-arbiter

Old 10-05-2018, 07:03 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
No it's more like the 1800's where the Democrats hung Black men from trees based on false accusations
They evolved and 150 years later are lynching white men based on no evidence.

Emmett Till and Brett Kavanaugh have a lot in common the way they were both treated by Democrats.
You know, if you told Democrats today of the accusations against Emmett Till without adding the names or race and then asked if they believed her, they would give a resounding yes. They would claim she had no reason to lie, that she wouldn’t put herself through this unless it was true, and that false accusations were so rare that she must be believed. That’s right Democrats of today - you are the same kind of people who decided Till was guilty and lynched him. Guess the past really does repeat itself.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:09 AM

89,035 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Bingo.

I am stunned that one of the two major political parties (cough, DEMS) has eschewed 'presumed innocent until proven guilty' for 'presumed guilty.' At that point, that's the end of this country. It becomes a tyrannical fascist state. They can accuse you of anything with no evidence and/or corroboration whatsoever and declare you to be automatically guilty. Same thing happened to the Jews in Nazi Germany. We all know how that turned out. Same thing happened in Mao's China, which executed tens of millions. Same thing happened with Pol Pot's regime, the Khmer Rouge, which also executed millions. Etc., etc. WHEN are we going to LEARN from history instead of endlessly repeating it?

And stop with the ludicrous 'it's not a trial, it's a job interview' garbage. I've NEVER been on a job interview in which I was accused of a heinous crime with NO corroborating evidence whatsoever and was then forced to defend myself against something I did not do.
Quote:
Correct.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:10 AM

503 posts, read 772,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photogal9 View Post
how many nails does one coffin need??

Old 10-05-2018, 07:11 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,005,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
No one, and I do mean no one, is required to provide links or proof of their comments.

This is a forum, not a news organization, school, or other professional setting. People are entitled to their opinions and do not need to provide you proof. If you think they are wrong and want everyone to know that YOU provide the proof, whether it is links or something else.
Just like Kavanaugh's Hearing was a 'job interview' and not a trial.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:11 AM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Are they voting at 10 or not?

Old 10-05-2018, 07:12 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
As I am watching all this craziness, one thing strikes out at me. It's that NOT ONE SINGLE DEMOCRAT in the Senate or on here seems to have had their mind changed by the news that there is nothing else in the FBI report that came out to implicate Kavanaugh. NOT ONE. I know why the Senators aren't changing their minds or votes. It's of course because all of this was a smear campaign in the first place. What they didn't count on was that the GOP would give them their 7th investigation.

But wouldn't at least a few Democrats that are interested in the truth believe the outcome of the report if they really WERE interested in the truth?

I would really love to hear from some of you Democrats as to WHY you believe Ford. Not comments like 'Why would she come out and do this to her life...blah, blah...but things like I believe her because of _________________ fill in the blank with actual evidence.

I know that once you pick a side, it's hard to maybe admit that you were wrong. But think about it. NOT ONE DEMOCRAT OR POSTER changed their mind after the investigation. And to the Democrats voters...you are being played.
The Democrats will believe any accusation against Republicans. Republicans tend to do the same thing. The bigger problem in this case is the media is an enabler of the Democrats in their witch hunt. It wouldn't have mattered how pure the nominee, somebody would have accused them of something terrible. That's just the idiotic polarized partisan world we've allowed to be created.

We've now created a reality where no President can take office without a years-long investigation being conducted. We can't nominate a Supreme Court Justice without having pretty significant witch hunt there as well. This is leading to nothing good. Both sides are guilty of it. Nobody is stopping and saying, "Gee, this might be creating a bad precedent. Maybe we should de-escalate things a bit." The mob on both sides is furious. I pray for our country's survival.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies