Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 06:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
She has been a long time democrat activist, marched against Trump, so she knew she would be the darling of the democrat party and Hollywood. Their heroic savior from Kavanaugh. I am sure her movie script and her book dealis are being written up as I write.
and people keep saying, oh she has nothing to gain. She has plenty to gain.

I just wish D. F would have come forward sooner. This nightmare for Kavenaugh mot have happened. She is the one that is directly responsible for all this. I used to actually like and respect Feinstein even though we are on the opposite sides, but now I have no respect for her. After this I hope she hangs up her senate position and returns to her life in the city by the bay, with all the rest of her liberal friends including Dr Ford.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:08 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,755,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
And even if she doesn't die, I predict that, for all her 'suffering', sometime in the future The Left will erect a statute in honor of her martyrdom in the fight for their New World Order.
LOL They'll probably tear down a statue of a founding father and replace it with her likeness.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:09 AM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Donald Trump, the reality star, coached Kavanaugh on how to act and what to say doing his hearing. You can't blame the Democrats for Kavanaugh's temperament, blame Kavanaugh. Kavanaugh was just evasive and scripted.

If Clarence Thomas is serving on the Supreme Court, so should Brett Kavanaugh, fair is fair, even though both lied during their hearings.

I'm sorry, trump did not accuse BK of being a serial rapist, the dems did because they did and still do believe the story that cannot be corroborated...all this done while in the presence of his daughter, and you and the left are proud if it.

The dems own his outrage 100% and rightfully so....

Old 10-05-2018, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes she probably should recuse herself if a case came before her regarding Trump but I don't expect any issues directly related to Trump to come before the court, do you>

If she made that statement at a hearing she should be disqualified, a SCJ should demonstrate independence, demeanor and fairness beyond any doubt. Remember Kavanauhg's 2015 speech where he stated "a judge shouldn't be a jerk and avoid any semblance of partisanship".

What did you see last Thursday but a judge screaming about conspiracy theories and insulting senators, that's the judge you want on the high court. I'm betting the 8 other justices on the court hoping he doesn't get appointed.
I hope you are not betting to heavily on that!!!!

Old 10-05-2018, 06:13 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times
So, at first they said K should not be confirmed because he was a serial abuser of women

That has been debunked

Now they say he cant be a judge because he got frosted over the phony smear against his character

Old 10-05-2018, 06:19 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,023,646 times
I'm sick of hearing about it every time I turn on the news. Obviously I don't approve/support the behavior they are talking about BUT

Is there not a statute of limitations on everything except murder? Why are we continually discussing these things that happened so long ago? How many men and women would be stoned today for behavior from so long ago? I just don't get this. People are getting so ridiculous about everything - anything to huff and puff about and get all sanctimonious.

I actually feel sorry for this guy. Find another dead horse and kick the he$$ out of it.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Donald Trump, the reality star, coached Kavanaugh on how to act and what to say doing his hearing. You can't blame the Democrats for Kavanaugh's temperament, blame Kavanaugh. Kavanaugh was just evasive and scripted.

If Clarence Thomas is serving on the Supreme Court, so should Brett Kavanaugh, fair is fair, even though both lied during their hearings.
Where do you get such a crazy idea and what makes you so sure he lied? You mention scripted: who kept looking at her notes every time a question was asked or turned to her attorney for help with almost every question? as for his temperament: he has admitted he got carried away. How would you have acted if your family was being torn apart like his has been? And lets' be fair, is there anything you did in high school or college you would prefer the world not to know about? I know there are a lot of things I did that if I had been a little more mature I would never have done but it is part of moving from childhood to adulthood.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:21 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,330,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I'm sorry, trump did not accuse BK of being a serial rapist, the dems did because they did and still do believe the story that cannot be corroborated...all this done while in the presence of his daughter, and you and the left are proud if it.

The dems own his outrage 100% and rightfully so....

Who appeared on FOX NEWS and politicized the Supreme Court nomination process? The first time ever for a Supreme Court nominee. This outrage is owned by the Democrats, the Republicans and Brett Kavanaugh. Brett Kavanaugh is a liar, but he should be allowed to serve on the Supreme court if Clarence Thomas is serving. Let's be fair here!

Old 10-05-2018, 06:22 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,023,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Where do you get such a crazy idea and what makes you so sure he lied? You mention scripted: who kept looking at her notes every time a question was asked or turned to her attorney for help with almost every question? as for his temperament: he has admitted he got carried away. How would you have acted if your family was being torn apart like his has been? And lets' be fair, is there anything you did in high school or college you would prefer the world not to know about? I know there are a lot of things I did that if I had been a little more mature I would never have done but it is part of moving from childhood to adulthood.

Exactly.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:22 AM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
They are voting at 10:00 eastern this morning.
Edit —This was a banner on FOX, but has now been taken down and not on any other outlet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies