Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 10:06 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times

Advertisements

I wonder why repugs wouldn't let the prosecutor question Brett? Were they afraid of what she would ask?

Old 10-01-2018, 10:08 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Let him bring those charges against her--in a real court room where witnesses on her side cannot be prevented from testifying. I'd love to watch the parade of Brett's old classmates get on the stand and tell all the stories they know about his drinking and bad behavior.

Which is exactly why Kavanaugh will never pursue such charges.

So, why do those laws exist? You neglected to answer my only question.....
I presented just 2 examples of it happening in the past.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:08 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I hope you get to stand before a Judge in a courtroom and call him a Pervert and see how he responds.
I would buy a ticket to see that.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:09 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I wonder why repugs wouldn't let the prosecutor question Brett? Were they afraid of what she would ask?
They did it just to **** stupid people off.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:11 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
According to her husband, Ford "never received the respect and appreciation she thought she deserved from her parents."
https://www.dailyherald.com/news/201...ing-of-support

Tie that into her #1 most striking memory of the night in question, and it wasn't someone holding their hand over her mouth, or her fear of being raped or killed - it was "they were laughing at my expense." I think there's some serious issue with her emotionally and perhaps mentally, but I doubt that BK caused it. I think it runs a lot deeper than that one night at a party when she and everyone else was drinking.
Even if you have bad blood between yourself and your parents, doesn't it seem an odd time given the context for him to make that kind of statement?

I would smack my husband upside the head for saying something like that to the press lol.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:11 AM

9,171 posts, read 13,253,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I also think something happened to Dr. Ford, and I do believe it involved Judge Kavanaugh. Unfortunately, it's just been too long for it to be a prosecutable case, but that's not the point. The Democrats are right that this is not a criminal case; it's a job interview. Senate now has to decide what to do with the information she provided in her testimony.
Quite possibly. But more and more this is looking to be primarily about politics.

All these years, Christine Blasely Ford, a Democrat, said nothing about the alleged incident with Brett Kavanaugh, a Republican. It was only when he was nominated that she said something and then only made it public when he went through the hearing and was about to be confirmed.

Regardless if the accusations are true or not, if Kavanaugh was not nominated for the Supreme Court then Ford would not have said anything, just like she has not said anything for the last 36 years. We would not have heard of either one of them.

So at the end of the day, Dr. Christine Blasely Ford simply does not like Judge Brett Kavanaugh politics. Its about politics, pure, plain and simple.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:13 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,573,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The reverse would also be interesting to see.

The thing is, as many, many women have attested to here, you don't forget the person who assaulted you. You may not remember every detail of your surroundings, but you remember the face that is above you when they are assaulting you.
And on the other side, men throughout history have been falsely accused of rape. If what you say is possible, then the opposite is also possible. It goes both ways. ANd right now, recalling a public face 30 years later and not any other details is highly improbable. Not saying impossible. But as others have said, no one else can corroborate her testimony.

If she was alone and BK tiptoed into her room while she was sleep and attempted to rape her, this would be different. But Ford claims others were there. She was not alone. Her best friend was there. And yet, none of them remember this party or the incident.

Those facts alone make this a possible false accusation. Only time will tell. The Democrats decided to use her as a pawn in their last-minute attempt to derail the nomination. ANd it will backfire. Just my opinion.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:14 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, I hate to miss all this fun but I need to go. I volunteer with an organization that teaches life and job skills to women who for the most part have been abused, neglected, grown up in poverty, or otherwise experienced challenges in life which have often destroyed their self esteem. We teach them REAL empowerment, REAL skills, REAL principles of taking charge of one's own life and destiny, and guess what we start each semester with - a week long lesson in establishing healthy boundaries, moving past the past, not letting past failures or experiences define our future, etc.

We have a very high success rate in employment and positive life changes with these women, by the way.

We keep politics completely out of the room and focus on individual responsibility instead.

I love this organization! It's so much more positive and truly helpful than any of this crap going on on the political stage right now. Real change in real lives of real women who have had real setbacks.
Individual Responsibility is key.

As a father of a daughter, I ingrained responsibility in her from a very young age.

Good on you for your great work with women that may not have had that positive influence in their early years!

Old 10-01-2018, 10:15 AM

10,765 posts, read 4,349,095 times
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1MA0UL
Quote:
Four in 10 Americans believe sexual misconduct allegations against U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, while three in 10 do not and the rest do not know, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll that split largely along party lines.

The poll gathered responses from 2,478 American adults, including 983 who identify as Democrats and 818 who identify as Republicans.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:18 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,574,375 times
If the prosecutor thinks the case is bunk then that should end it all right there.

Dr. Ford is just another mannish-looking older woman that wants her 15 seconds of Fame, now extended another week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies