Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 06:02 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times

Advertisements

Okay folks, the other Kavanaugh thread has gotten so large that it's hard for anyone to really continue a conversation or keep up with what's being discussed. So please, pick up here where the other left off.

We find ourselves at this point past the testimony of Dr. Ford and Judge Kavanaugh before the Senate Judiciary committee. The committee has now confirmed Kavanaugh on a party line vote 11-10 in favor of Kavanaugh. However, there has now been an FBI investigation opened up to look into sexual assault/lewd behavior claims against Judge Kavanaugh. This FBI probe is scheduled to go on for one week, at which time I suppose the FBI will present their findings, and then inevitably there will be a vote on Kavanaugh in the Senate. I believe this summation should be good enough to put you guys back on track as far as where the discussion is at this point. Please continue, and remember, be respectful to one another. We are not here to attack one another on a personal level. Debate the topics of discussion, and leave personal comments about one another out of it. We are here to discuss "Everything Kavanaugh", not other users.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-rundo...ett-kavanaugh/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Blasey_Ford

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Kavanaugh

PS. I have included a few links about the scandal and the main players involved. Of course, I can not guarantee the accuracy of the Wikipedia links, but at a glance they seemed to do a pretty good job of giving anyone new to the story an idea of who we are talking about and what is going on.

Also, here is a link to old thread so that you folks can view the original poll or links that were provided in the original thread. Please do not bring any of the personal attacks and trolling that was going on over there to this thread. Clean slate here folks. Please stay on topic and be decent to one another.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ns-merged.html

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 09-30-2018 at 06:16 PM..

Old 09-30-2018, 06:04 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Default The Saga Continues: Judge Kavanaugh confirmation/allegations/etc. continued...

Was that officially the longest thread ever on CD? I wouldn’t be surprised.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:05 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Could the poll still be posted since the FLOOR vote has been postponed

Old 09-30-2018, 06:05 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Was that officially the longest thread ever on CD? I wouldn’t be surprised.
Actually I am not sure, but it was absolutely huge. I'm sure it was at least in the top 3.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:07 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
So some questions from the other thread;

Who's house was it? Out of the five there, was it any of their's house?

Who invited Ford? Exactly how did the invitation process occur?

Someone alluded that she went to meet the "cool" Kavanaugh; if he was so darn popular, how would Keyser not recall any of this?

Did Ford or Keyser know anyone there?

How did she get there, leave, what location, date, time of day, was it day or night out, and any follow up from her friend as to why she suddenly left?

Old 09-30-2018, 06:14 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post

Someone alluded that she went to meet the "cool" Kavanaugh; if he was so darn popular, how would Keyser not recall any of this?

How did she get there, leave, what location, date, time of day, was it day or night out, and any follow up from her friend as to why she suddenly left?
All excellent questions. I would add some detail things like - what was the weather like that day. What music (e.g. song, artist, or style) was playing that they turned up so high? Do you recall there being a lot of traffic/busy road when going home or there? Did you have a bag or purse with you?

Old 09-30-2018, 06:14 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
A person accuses a guy of attacking her 40 years ago at a place she can’t remember, a date she can’t remember, and everybody who she said was there said it didn’t happen. It’s astonishing that at least 30 percent of the population believes that on nothing more that “she must be believed!”

Old 09-30-2018, 06:15 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post

I googled Mark Judges house and it seemed like it might fit.

But, my guess is the house belongs to the unnamed other boy and will thus never be identified.

This is based on my belief that this whole thing is a con by Christine Blasey Ford and so all details she has laid out are ones that cannot now or ever be either verified or refuted.

Cant add anything regarding your other questions.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:15 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
This reply is to L8Gr8Apost8 (and anyone else who keeps claiming that Kavanaugh was not open to an FBI investigation) who posted on the other thread:

Quote:
I'm not saying causation/correlation but I highly expect most innocent people would love the help of the FBI clearing their name.
I had to give the link in a rep comment since the other thread was closed and this wasn't open yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYXAHAOdGOE

This is his full opening statement, not what has been cut down by certain media. At 02:24, he clearly states that he had told the Senate that he was open to any kind of investigation, "Senate, FBI, or otherwise". So can we please stop pretending that he was not open to an FBI investigation?

And since that appears to be the biggest problem most had with him, those who had a problem with him, was that he was not "asking" for an FBI investigation - which people don't do, are those people going to accept it when the FBI comes back and says they have re-closed the case?

He couldn't make the FBI open an investigation. It had to come from Senators. The left had all that time to do so, why didn't they? Why did they pretend that Kavanaugh was the only one who could do it?

Di-Fi sent the letter to the FBI and they investigated her allegations. They then returned the letter to the Senate and closed the case.

Now we have to sit here through another week of the same investigation that they already did because the Dem Senators lied about Kavanaugh not "asking" for an investigation. It was already done.

Absolutely nothing is going to come out of the investigation. What we do have now is yet another week for the left to pull out anyone they can find to make allegations, and then get them paid off through GoFundMe accounts.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:17 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
On July 8th 45 out of 49 Democrat Senators announced that no matter what happened they would do everything possible to prevent Kavanaugh be selected to SCOTUS.

Nothing in the FBI investigation that clears him would change these votes. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies