Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 07:13 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Maybe they should stick to the two questions (neither of which mentioned Kavanaugh) that the polygraph administrator asked Ford.

Just kidding but please.
I know you’ve had a polygraph as have I. They spent quite a bit of time on baseline questions with mine. Did they for you? Because I didn’t see that in any of the information they provided on Ford’s.

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamLabroy View Post
Probably because drinking beer doesn't make you a rapist. Given there is no evidence to the claims by Ford, all we have is her credibility versus his. Her excessive drinking would need to be investigated too right?
Everybody should be thoroughly investigated IMO. And no, drinking beer does not make you a rapist. However, drinking to excess and maybe forgetting what you did the night before could be a problem. Not saying that's what happened, but that's one of the things I wondered about.

2,102 posts, read 1,005,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I've read that the FBI is not supposed to investigate his excessive drinking habits.
Tell that to DiFi who also, just today, has written a to the WH Counsel to remove the term of a week as originally agreed-upon.

Once again the Dems moving the goalposts!

Old 09-30-2018, 07:14 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Your story says according to NBC reports which WH already said wasn’t true. Was posted a couple of times in old thread.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:14 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Sorry -- she has no idea how she got there. No idea how she left there. Her home is at least 8 miles from the Country Club. Not a shred of any evidence.

Nobody bothered to ask her - if Brett Kavanaugh was using one hand to attempt to take off her clothes and the other hand to smother her ...... what the HELL was she doing with her 2 Free Hands?

She said the door was locked ...... then she said that she saw her chance to escape and "ran out the door" ....... nobody asked - "what kind of lock was on the bedroom door? How did you unlock it?"

She said -- No music or TV downstairs - music was on in this upstairs bedroom with nobody upstairs, she said they turned the music up loud so the people downstairs couldn't hear her scream.
She said that Kavanaugh & Judge were stumbling drunk .... and yet, they were not so "stumbling drunk" that they didn't carefully lock the door, carefully turn up the magic music and then carefully turn OFF the music right after she "ran out the locked door".

She testified that she could clearly hear them drunk going down the stairs AND talking with the people at the bottom of the stairs. No Music.

Picture this -- 2 girls, 4 boys at a "gathering". The 2 girls are "best friends, lifelong friends". ONE of the girls disappears and NOBODY noticed .... not even her "best friend".

Best Friend never, ever, ever mentions ....... "what happened to. you? why did you disappear?"
"why did you leave me all alone with 4 guys". WHAT Happened????
Good reason that the same Best Friend says ..... I've never met Brett Kavanaugh, I don't remember any such party - EVER.

Sorry ....... I'm not buying any of it.
Funny how flying all over the world is no problem and yet "I can't fly to Washington because I'm too traumatized to fly after the attempted Rape/Murder". She giggled about that. Giggle,Giggle

I actually think most females have experienced something that when they look back - yeah, that would be called "sexual assault". I know I did a couple of times. The worst was in college - it would have been a date rape thing if I had not fought him off. I ran, I fought and I told him my brother would be paying him a visit ..... which he did. I vividly remember him trying to hold me down, I remember running and I remember when I convinced him my brother would beat him bloody.

We all heard Ford's testimony -- She thought she might die with a hand over her mouth - smothering her. And yet - when Senator Leahy asked her - "what is your most vivid memory of that night? Christine Ford answered -- "the laughter", "they thought it was funny".

NO -- I don't believe her. "laughter" is not what you would remember. Being held down, hand over mouth ..... that's the sort of thing a person who thinks they are in danger remembers.
But someone remembering people "laughing at her expense" would tie neatly into the reason why her husband said she moved so far away from her family: "Her parents didn't give her the respect and attention she thought she deserved." His words. Prior to the infamous hearing.

I don't doubt that she is emotionally fragile but she hasn't proven with ANYTHING other than her own words that Kavanaugh had anything to do with her emotional state of being.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I know you’ve had a polygraph as have I. They spent quite a bit of time on baseline questions with mine. Did they for you? Because I didn’t see that in any of the information they provided on Ford’s.
I remember reading her polygraph report, but didn't see all the questions that were asked. She did say at the hearing that the session was extremely long.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:16 PM

76 posts, read 24,779 times
Quote:
Everybody should be thoroughly investigated IMO. And no, drinking beer does not make you a rapist. However, drinking to excess and maybe forgetting what you did the night before could be a problem. Not saying that's what happened, but that's one of the things I wondered about.
Did you also wonder if her drinking that night could explain why she has no recollection of anything that could be corroborated or tested.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Maybe they should stick to the two questions (neither of which mentioned Kavanaugh) that the polygraph administrator asked Ford.

Just kidding but please.
I was being a little facetious with that post. I don't really know how many questions the polygrapher asked Ford. I do remember her stating how long the session was and how exhausted she was at the end of it. I wonder how long Kavanaugh's was?

Old 09-30-2018, 07:17 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamLabroy View Post
Did you also wonder if her drinking that night could explain why she has no recollection of anything that could be corroborated or tested.
Does "one beer" cause YOU to black out from drinking???

Old 09-30-2018, 07:18 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
I've read that the FBI is not supposed to investigate his excessive drinking habits.
I've read that Bigfoot has been spotted, and that the earth is flat. I've read that Goldilocks stumbled into a house owned by bears and fell asleep on a bed in that house. Please provide a link to whatever you read. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies