Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 06:52 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,128,773 times

Advertisements

I knew it was going to be like this. Drip Drip Drip - one nebulous thing after another, like Chinese water torture. Flake was wise (and that's saying something) to ask for a time limit on the investigation.

The FBI doesn't even have to "get back with" this person in order to pull texts. Let's see what they come up with.

20,803 posts, read 8,632,921 times
HEADS UP!

Nut case Julie Swetnick's ex boyfriend is going to be on the Ingraham Angle with Laura Ingraham. 10pm ET / 7pm PT on Fox News.

Should be VERY entertaining!

11,011 posts, read 11,045,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Certainly not with the GOP side
The question is will texts that prove Kavanaugh knew about Ramirez BEFORE the Atlantic article and LIED under oath be enough to derail this "sure thing"???
Again, you super excited over something you’ve never seen.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:53 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,128,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
HEADS UP!

Nut case Julie Swetnick's ex boyfriend is going to be on the Ingraham Angle with Laura Ingraham. 10pm ET / 7pm PT on Fox News.

More soap opera stuff - I wonder if he'll say something salacious????? I wonder if his hippopotamus works like that.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:55 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,045,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
HEADS UP!

I read about her interview on NBC. My favorite part? She gave four people’s names to corroborate. One was dead, one had never heard of her, and two wouldn’t talk to them. Ah, and she’s completely changed her story - shocker.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:58 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,082,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I read about her interview on NBC. My favorite part? She gave four people’s names to corroborate. One was dead, one had never heard of her, and two wouldn’t talk to them. Ah, and she’s completely changed her story - shocker.
First of all -- because someone is dead doesn't mean they weren't there. She may not have realized the person died. One claims they never heard of her -- and two wouldn't talk -- why wouldn't they talk -- doesn't that make you wonder what they are hiding.

Meantime.....He lied under oath -- that's all that counts right.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...idence-n915566

Old 10-01-2018, 07:00 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,345,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I've already come up with plenty of factual items about her - and yes, she does strike me as jacked up. Glad you think that's funny though!
I think you are overreacting, why did you use the term jacked up. It doesn’t seem to fit.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:01 PM

37,313 posts, read 59,984,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
The FBI may not be interested because they are already aware of their existence and find nothing of value to the review.

Additionally, I have a number of photos from gatherings with people I do not know and/or remember.

Furthermore, why would Ramirez pose for a photo of a gang rapists?

I'm fairly open to examining the evidence provided by the accusers, but so far.... still waiting.

Ok--so you didn't read any of the articles posted about this new evidence??
I guess being an ostrich goes with supporting Trump, et al GOP perps....
The FBI might not want to know because it has been told NOT TO KNOW...not to look...not to dish dirt...

1--Because if it was known that Kavanaugh KNEW about Ramirez before The Atlantic article not only did he lie to Hatch about when he became aware of it --
2--But it very likely could mean that HE/Kavanaugh remembered the event all on his own because he did it--
Pulled his penis out in public and stuck it in her face--while at a drinking party in the dorm--and having a good laught about it at the time...

And that brings me back to
3--When and how did Ed Whelan know about Christine Ford--and start his investigation of her prior to writing that dopplelanger story to protect Kavanaugh and insert another plausible candidate for the assault...
Whelan seemed to know about Ford before her name was public
How did he find that out????
Leaked from within the Congressional committee staff?
Leaked by someone at WaPo--to another reporter--that doesn't seen to make any sense really
But TOLD by Kavanaugh to Whelan first--because he knew who she was since he assaulted her---so that Whelan could get to work on the cover story---
Then leaked so that Whelan could have credibility to put the doppleanger story into play--
That seems very logical and plausible to me

No one had to tell Kavanaugh about Ford--
He knew she might being her story forward...

Old 10-01-2018, 07:03 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,357,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Thank you for the link.

Since there's been so much psychoanalysis by some posters about Ford's relationship with her parents, let's provide the full quote of a statement that's been dissected to some length on this thread:

"She didn't always get along with her parents because of differing political views," Russell Ford said. "It was a very male-dominated environment. Everyone was interested in what's going on with the men, and the women are sidelined, and she didn't get the attention or respect she felt she deserved."

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-01-2018 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: Copyright violation

Old 10-01-2018, 07:08 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,345,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Certainly not with the GOP side
The question is will texts that prove Kavanaugh knew about Ramirez BEFORE the Atlantic article and LIED under oath be enough to derail this "sure thing"???
That is a key question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies