Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 02:17 PM

20,331 posts, read 9,220,033 times

Advertisements

Grassley on behalf of the Committee sent a letter to Ford asking for the therapist notes about this incident.

He never got a response.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:17 PM

39,181 posts, read 51,514,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Just like any of us, Kavanaugh is entitled, to be innocent until proven guilty, not to be blindsided by our own US Senator's with slander, and a public lynching.
It's not a trial. And don't worry, Kavanaugh is getting all the favor that can be given. He will be confirmed this week no matter what happens. It was always going to be that way. The Ford hearing and FBI business was just a smokescreen - cover for the inevitable vote in his favor.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:18 PM

15,596 posts, read 10,605,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'll go with Kavanaugh, since EVERYONE is denying EVERYTHING Dr. Ford has said happened. Heck, even ford's own best friend, Leland, at the time, says she never went to any party like Ford describes. She has even gone so far as saying she never met Brett Kavanaugh in her life, must less hung out with him in 1982.

Christine Ford has ZERO credibility, none.
Yeah. I really wanted to believe Ford because we all know that women do get sexually assaulted. Even though her story was shaky, I still wanted to believe that something happened to her, that it was mistaken identity or something. But the last 48 hours or so have really made me realize that it was just wishful thinking. I hate that and I dislike her for possibly making real victims less creditable. She was part of a plot and shame on her. She's a liar.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:20 PM

17,587 posts, read 9,374,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Really? When did they disclose their political leanings? Please, if you have some inside information, share.

But this is the first time we've ever seen him under pressure of being interrogated. And he didn't handle it well.
NOPE -- This IS the 5th time he has been interrogated in this confirmation - the 3rd time in a Open Public venue. 2 Rounds in the Judicial Hearings in Open Session and once in a TV Interview on Fox News. 2 Rounds in Closed Session. Notice that he defended himself in all of them, but it was only in this last hearing that anyone said anything about his "temperament" ..... that's because it was literally his last chance to save his Reputation after all these unsubstantiated allegations.

Why all the uproar about "temperament"? Because they did not like his response to their browbeating and the attacks on his Family, his Reputation and his entire career. He had the absolute RIGHT to defend himself - he wasn't even allowed an Attorney to be with him - while Blasey-Ford had 2 of them sitting right on either side of her.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:21 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,915,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Are people too lazy to google things themselves?
I did and I did not find any other sources other than the cheesy one you provided.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:22 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,915,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
There are a number of people doing the research on this, and have posted public records confirming their work.

Dr Ford's friend that she helped coach for a polygraph test is a retired FBI agent, this is confirmed.

Dr. Ford stated in here testimony that she was in the same city that her FBI friend lives in when she wrote her now infamous letter.

It would appear that Dr Ford was helped by her FBI friend with the creation of her letter.

This makes perfect sense, the letter was carefully crafted to avoid details that would expose the story as false.
Link?

Old 10-03-2018, 02:22 PM

38,749 posts, read 22,521,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
The ABA requested he withdraw his nomination / candidacy for the position ... the day after his breakdown under pressure to tell the truth.

The ABA did no such thing. That was a false story, started by Robert Carlson, who is affiliated with the ABA, but does not have the authority to make any such statements on behalf of the ABA.

American Bar Association story on Brett Kavanaugh was FAKE NEWS

Old 10-03-2018, 02:23 PM

20,119 posts, read 9,650,190 times
As often stated, I am a moderate, and so I do not really care who is our next Supreme Court Justice, so long as he or she is capable, fair and intelligent. I also do not know at this point whether Kavanaugh or Ford is the more truthful about what did or did not happen between them.

However, that being said, I do not think we need another (or even one) born-wealthy and over-privileged elitist on the Supreme Court, and I am certainly not impressed by how Mr. Kavanaugh has handled the questioning.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:24 PM

5,489 posts, read 3,578,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Yeah. I really wanted to believe Ford because we all know that women do get sexually assaulted. Even though her story was shaky, I still wanted to believe that something happened to her, that it was mistaken identity or something. But the last 48 hours or so have really made me realize that it was just wishful thinking. I hate that and I dislike her for possibly making real victims less creditable. She was part of a plot and shame on her. She's a liar.
Oh wow, when did this come out? Do you have a link to substantiate this? BIG NEWS!!!

Old 10-03-2018, 02:28 PM

6,768 posts, read 4,463,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
It isnt over till it s over.
Kavenaugh doesnt realize this ?

Is he entitled to the seat ? Fair and impartial is not consistent with entitlement. Entitlement is consistent with arbitrary and capricousness in behavior. Not consistent nor desirable in a judge at any level.
Who would want to go before a known partisan Judge who gets emotional and angry when he has to consider others and has issues with the word "NO".

All the materials requested have not been provided. Why not.

Besides he s a double dirty dog for his abusive behavior towards MY Senator. They are there because those of us in the State of... cant fit in the room...they represent us. I can totally see him putting his hand over Ms Fords mouth to shut her up. He s trying to do the same to the representatives of the American People.

They did not abuse him. Their questions were expected. The president said go go go investigate. Why did nt he bash the President.

NONE of the accusations have disintegrated. Fake News.

They are being ignored. Not the same.

He will be confirmed this week. Accusations against women mean nothing to the people voting. Thats their club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies