Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 04:51 PM

25,573 posts, read 56,502,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"This whole two-week effort has been a calculated and orchestrated political hit, fueled with apparent pent-up anger about President Trump and the 2016 election," Kavanaugh testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee. "Fear that has been unfairly stoked about my judicial record. Revenge on behalf of the Clintons. And millions of dollars in money from outside left-wing opposition groups. This is a circus."
This is horrible - and very revealing. A nonpartisan he will never be.

And, yes, Ginsburg's comments were also revealing - and grounds for recusal.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:52 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
One copy of the FBI report in a secure room? What's wrong with 3 copies under secured armed guard. Check it out, check it in while you're in the room. Leave your cell phone in a lockbox.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:54 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,555,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Trump is going to sabotage the vote for BK by making fun of Ford publicly. That should lose a few R votes for kavanaugh.

D'oh ….. even with the mocking narrative, Ms. Ford has already proven to be a poorly coached liar, and has no conscience.

She is a multi-millionaire, has several homes (only one with 2 front doors) , and has no problem flying … have you made your donation to her Go Fund Me account yet ?

Old 10-03-2018, 04:56 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,632 times
I wish Manchin would stand up and say enough of this nonsense, this is not the way we treat people, even political enemies. We need a bit of bipartisanship right now, even if just one vote. Doubt he has the courage to do it though

Old 10-03-2018, 05:04 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
In Oregon and Washington, the majority of liberals are white, and there are many!
LOL in Oregon and Washington the vast majority of PEOPLE are white - and there are many.

https://www.homesnacks.net/most-dive...merica-128573/

But I digress.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:08 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
D'oh ….. even with the mocking narrative, Ms. Ford has already proven to be a poorly coached liar, and has no conscience.

She is a multi-millionaire, has several homes (only one with 2 front doors) , and has no problem flying … have you made your donation to her Go Fund Me account yet ?
Even republicans on the committee agree that something happened to Ford,. it is truly disgraceful behavior for any president to behave in this fashion. The rest of your post is pure nonsense.

I guess no one should ever come out with sexual abuse stories they can't prove on their own, great message by the president.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:10 PM

177 posts, read 108,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post

Links?

Old 10-03-2018, 05:10 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Non-biased you say?
Any impartial observer can see what I'm seeing.
  • A woman who is a known and enthusiastic Democrat and political activist is making an accusation against a political nominee at the last possible moment. I do have to admire her dedication. She seems willing to risk going to prison on perjury or defamation charges just for a chance to stop a judge who might possibly vote to overturn Roe vs Wade. (That's what this is really about if we're being honest.)
  • Woman first mentions Kavanaugh attempted rape story in therapy 2012 -- when Mitt Romney was running and it was very well known that Kavanaugh was on his SCOTUS short list.
  • No "when", no "where", and the number of people at said hypothetical party keeps changing.
  • She claims that she overhead things when in the bathroom when she'd already said she couldn't hear anything.
  • Everyone who she claims was there says they have don't remember any such party/event.
  • The State of California says she had the infamous "escape door" installed years before 2012 when the supposed argument with her husband about it and subsequent therapy sessions all happened.
  • The woman flies and has flown all over the place, but is suddenly terrified of flying.
  • She's a psychology professor which gives her a very good chance at beating a somewhat flawed polygraph test.
  • An ex-boyfriend has come forward stating he saw her coaching somebody on how to pass, or at least not create a false positive on a polygraph, that she flew all over the place with him without complaint and that she never mentioned any of the fears or phobias she has claimed. Granted this is hearsay, but that's the entire basis for her accusation to begin with which makes it just as credible.
  • The way that Feinstein handled it would make even the most credible accusation look like complete BS.

This is nonsense. So was Trump accusing Obama of being a secret Muslim born in Kenya. So was Pizza-Gate. The Duke LaCrosse team got falsely accused, and that sucks. Countless other men are falsely accused of rape. That's why we require something more than "he said/she said" to convict. Sometimes, women lie. This woman has every reason in the world to lie. Kavanaugh might just be the tipping point that ends up overturning Roe vs Wade. The very thought terrifies people on the Left. There are many many women who would happily die to stop that from happening.

Both sides are routinely full of crap, but the Left seems to do a better job at this sort of smear job. Just ask Clarence Thomas.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:13 PM

177 posts, read 108,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Reportedly, dr ford had 30+ sexual partners....I feel for her husband, not knowing this....maybe that's why they are still married, they may have a disease?

See how easy that is?
And you wonder why women don't come forward!

"Reportedly"??? Please provide links.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:14 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Even republicans on the committee agree that something happened to Ford,. it is truly disgraceful behavior for any president to behave in this fashion. The rest of your post is pure nonsense.

I guess no one should ever come out with sexual abuse stories they can't prove on their own, great message by the president.
Trump sank to a new low, even for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies