Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2018, 09:00 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,932,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
1. Devils triangle is not a drinking game, It refers to two men and one woman

2. Boofing is not a farting game, it's about anal sex.

3. Renate alumnius. Claiming she was just a buddy friend, when she was a target of their sexual conquest.
I honestly don't care about any of that. Even if he lied (which he very likely did), those questions really shouldn't have been asked. None of those are things I am concerned about.

What I am concerned about:

- 3 women independently making cases of sexual harassment/assault/worse against him.

- A very belligerently partisan mindset, clearly revealing his true biases and opinions. Not only were they partisan, but they were conspiracy theory garbage. Come on...was this guy for real with that rubbish? At least pretend to be impartial, guy...

Again, if this was the real world, he wouldn't even had been asked for a second interview. This would be a no brainer. You would simply pick a better candidate. One without sexual assault claims and partisan hack-worthy opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
No, as a member of the Supreme Court, you mostly hear cases from attorneys who damn well better show you and the court the proper respect and reverence lest they be cited for contempt.

And he was not responding as a member of SCOTUS. He was defending himself against the biggest smear job since Joseph McCarthy.
He certainly revealed his true opinions in his defense. For which I'm a bit thankful. But it did throw off a lot of alarm bells and red flags.

Impartiality is something I look for in a candidate, and now knowing his feelings on these matters, I have lost faith in his ability to be impartial.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:03 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,361,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Boom!
Obama was a national disgrace, and still is as he travels the World trashing President Trump, his policies, and America in general.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Kavanaugh is a national public figure, it's damn near impossible to win a slander case in this situation for him. Sitting on the SCOTUS for the next 35 or 40 years will be vindication enough.
BS - he wouldn't win a slander case because he doesn't have a case. Even if you don't believe her, good luck proving it to be "made up".

Old 10-03-2018, 09:06 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,612,131 times
Quote:
I spent more than my share of time in the USMC, I've been in bar fights in 5 countries and over things as petty as a parking spot. I've never been a big drinker but I did enjoy fighting.
Yuck. I'd rather hang out with a drunk, as long as he or she was a peaceful one.

4,288 posts, read 2,067,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Enjoying a beer is not the problem. Not knowing when to stop drinking and becoming belligerent is the problem. Also, I can't see a cry baby on the Supreme Court. He will have to make tough choices as a Supreme Court judge, do you think he is up to that task?
I would think his past court record would show he is.

This is all about not liking his decisions and he is a conservative judge. Has nothing to do with beer drinking (see most previous presidents), alleged abuse of women (see Clinton and Ted "Lion of the Senate" Kennedy), lying (see fired upon Hillary Clinton in Bosnia?)...

13,682 posts, read 20,830,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
He certainly revealed his true opinions in his defense. For which I'm a bit thankful. But it did throw off a lot of alarm bells and red flags.

Impartiality is something I look for in a candidate, and now knowing his feelings on these matters, I have lost faith in his ability to be impartial.
More likely you were looking for more dirt that just ain't there.

Impartiality? Would you describe Ginsburg and the Wise Latina as such?

Be serious.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
More likely you were looking for more dirt that just ain't there.

Impartiality? Would you describe Ginsburg and the Wise Latina as such?

Be serious.
I can't imagine any of the current judges acting this way and using conspiracy theory garbage in any defense of themselves.

Can you?

Old 10-03-2018, 09:11 AM

13,682 posts, read 20,830,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I can't imagine any current judges acting this way and using conspiracy theory garbage in any defense of themselves.

Can you?
I do not have to.

I see a good judge defending himself against a smear campaign that would have given Joseph McCarthy an orgasm.

There is nothing theoretical about it. Every step of this smear job is as pathetic as it is dishonest.

So spare me the faux shock. It's obvious.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:13 AM

35,807 posts, read 18,143,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
I would think his past court record would show he is.

This is all about not liking his decisions and he is a conservative judge. Has nothing to do with beer drinking (see most previous presidents), alleged abuse of women (see Clinton and Ted "Lion of the Senate" Kennedy), lying (see fired upon Hillary Clinton in Bosnia?)...
Yes. Yes. Someone, please ring the bell, the giant cluebird has landed.

This has nothing to do with beer drinking in his youth, or a possible session of unwanted grab ass.

This is a fight of great importance, not a silly football rivalry or a vote on the new church carpet.

This is about one minority side trying to take away the rights the majority has worked for and achieved since the 1970's. This is a bare-knuckled, eye gouging face biting fight to the end to keep the right to early abortion, and gay marriage, and who knows what else the very minority right wing has in mind to take away from the citizens.

So expect more. And if this man steps down or isn't voted in, and Trump nominates someone with equally repugnant views against the rights of the people, expect as bloody a fight.

And I have noticed the Republicans fight that way also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies