Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 06:26 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,718,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Male feminists at their finest. A good kick south of the equator would put that cream puff in his place.
Is ok to assault women you don't have common values with, oh who am I kidding.

*Mods this is clear sarcasm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 06:32 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,584,341 times
What do you expect from someone who advocate ls killing babies?

Old 10-04-2018, 03:16 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,275,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
What "types" of interactions?

Screaming f--k you in people's faces?

What did the Christian do to you or your friend to deserve that?

Old 10-04-2018, 03:17 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,275,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
That would still be a battery.

People should learn to respect physical boundaries.

I agree, just saying that in regards to the topic, I don't think he tried to kick her down.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:25 PM

19,833 posts, read 12,090,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Emasculate him. That way he can’t breed.
The tofu burgers and soy lattes have probably taken care of him(?). We shouldn’t assume it was a guy.

Old 10-05-2018, 03:33 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,350,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
You are falling back upon over-simplification and stereotyping, just like all the so called "open-minded liberals" over there in Left Field. Those "conservatives" who identify as Fundamentalist Christians are entitled to their opinion. but they neither dominate the Republican Party, nor are they a general representation of those of us who believe that individual liberties and the rule of an open economy are indivisible.

Even if Roe vs. Wade were to be "overturned" (a scare-phrase used by the most zealous of the abortion advocacy), the issue would merely be returned to the individual states -- and most of them are not likely to enact the restrictions you fear and oppose.

And there is zero chance that a complete ban on abortion could be written into the Constitution.

No one who has not known the pain of couples faced with the future burden of a dysfunctional child should pass judgment on those who feel abortion should be "safe, legal, and rare" -- but by the same standard, abortion shouldn't be an easy way out / cheap shot for the ignorant and sexually irresponsible.

It's time to put away the rhetoric and formulate a standard that acknowledges that the choices sometimes aren't easy, but protects the rights of all -- and the not-yet-born are a part of that equation.
This Pew Study says that in 2009 39% of Republicans believed humans and other living things existed in their present form since the beginning of time. In 2013 that percentage had risen to 48%.
Public

This Gallup poll from 2008 said that 60% of Republicans believed that God created humans within the last 10,000 years. Note that the Gallup poll didn't ask about nonhumans evolving, so apparently lots of people are fine with the idea that nonhumans evolved over time, but not humans.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/108226/...eationism.aspx

A second Gallup poll poll was done in 2012 which found that 58% or Republicans God created humans within the last 10,000 years.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/155003/...n-Origins.aspx

None of the surveys had a large sample sizes. The Pew study sample sizes were almost 2,000 people. The Gallup poll sample sizes were a little over 1,000 people.

Given the political climate over the last decade, I wouldn't be surprised if that percentage has risen. So, you see, my opinion is based off statistics.

I'm not particularly concerned about Roe v. Wade being removed. Even Kavanaugh says he he wouldn't remove it. I was concerned about a bill that had passed in the national house of representatives that would have banned abortion after 20 weeks, without allowing exceptions for genetic disorders or birth defects though, but that seems to have been shot down in the senate.

I'm currently concerned about some state laws now though.

I'm more concerned about the mentality of people that results in that irrational kind of thought process that results in being pro-life though. That type of corrupt thought process will no doubt not limit itself to the abortion issue. It'll echo through other decisions of voters, making democracy not work. If people don't know that 2+2 is four, or that abortions can be beneficial to the life form being euthanize, to the mother, and to society in general, at times, they're not an educate population of voters. They'll probably be easily misled by the charismatic, because they don't understand how think correctly. The same thing can be said of young earth creationists. Young earth creationism, in itself, isn't much of a problem. The thought process behind it though will echo on, corrupting thought processes in other ways too.

An those corrupted thought processes don't have much to do with intelligence, I'd suspect. It's something to do with culture, possibly religion, that hinders thought processes like that. Other aspects of our culture might be responsible too though. It's just harder to think of other possible causes. Maybe our culture's general anti-intellectual atmosphere is part of it? Maybe we have more of a "I'm going to worry about my family, and not much else...screw the wider world" attitude that results in that. I don't know what the problem is...but we have a problem, and that problem seems mostly concentrate in the Republican party.

There are other areas the Republican party is typically totally irrational as well. They opposed gay marriage, which doesn't make any sense. They're more likely to want to punish drug usage, which doesn't make much sense, and doesn't make any sense regarding pot. They're usually opposed to physician assisted euthanasia, which doesn't make any sense.

Republicans want those sorts of things that you just have to have some kind of logical thought related problem to want. Those sorts of things I talked about above are all more or less, common sense. If our culture doesn't understand that, we have a very corrupt cultural thought process that can't understand the reasoning behind thought processes thoughtful middle school students should be able to comprehend.

Democrats want several things that might not be the best ideas in the world too...but those tend to be more controversial topics. Are women really not getting paid enough? Well that's not common sense. That requires research. Would Bernie Sanders really bankrupt the government? Again, that's not common sense either. That requires research.

Republicans just frequently want things that absolutely nobody has as any reason to want. Now, the individualist vs. collectivist mentality is a valid issue...but even at that point, the Republicans have these anarcho capitalists who not only advocate for a more individualist-oriented, rather than collectivist society, but delude themselves into believing the collectivist mentality is without question wrong, and the tax-free individualist oriented mentality is the only correct choice. That also shows a lack of common sense.

Thanks for your comment though.

Old 10-05-2018, 03:44 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,283,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Did he get arrested?
And charged.

Old 10-05-2018, 03:52 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
If this guy was to be hit by an onlooker, would a ball-kick or literal butt kick be better?

Old 10-05-2018, 05:10 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,153,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Male feminists at their finest. A good kick south of the equator would put that cream puff in his place.
Fight violence with violence? Sure, that makes all kinds of sense.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:17 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,096,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Yes, this. I mean, look at those "leftists" who murder abortion providers and bomb medical facilities where abortions are performed.
I love the fact that the irony of leftists supporting the murder of babies in the womb is completely lost on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies