Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 04:31 PM

1,991 posts, read 903,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Except of course that wasn't what Reagan tried to do.
Of course he did. Khaddaffi described hiding in a tent as his daughter was killed. This led later to The bombing of Pan Am flight 103.

But yeah, let's blame Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 04:38 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,450,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
A government can't own arms. Only an individual can rightfully own something.

What in the world is an "illegal attack"? The only morally just use of force is defensive force. Any form of government violence is therefore immoral though "illegal" indicates a violation of contract between two parties.

HINT: Governments can't enter into contracts...because they are fictitious. Only individuals can enter into a contract.
I was thinking more in line of un standards and the international tribunal.

You can argue that they have no natural right to exist, but it’s interesting that our country decries rouge states when we ourselves ignore international law, break it, etc.

What a day it would be if the pundit class came out and explained our country doesn’t care for the ‘liberal international order’ we helped build after WW2.

They never will, but still...

Old 10-04-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
Of course he did. Khaddaffi described hiding in a tent as his daughter was killed. This led later to The bombing of Pan Am flight 103.

Reagan was just as bad. There is no partisan divide here.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:52 PM

27,697 posts, read 16,190,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am sure you wept for Saddam and his sons too.
That was disturbing as well

Old 10-04-2018, 08:06 PM

1,487 posts, read 784,319 times
[quote=TomC23;53275579]Of course he did. Khaddaffi described hiding in a tent as his daughter was killed. This led later to The bombing of Pan Am flight 103.

REALLY? What was Khaddafis connection to Abu Nidal? I remember the Lockerbie crash/bombing. It was awful to think of those people dying like that. There was a baby on that flight.
Peter Jennings said that analysis showed the plane split in half while still in mid-air. The cockpit all the way to the middle of regular class seating, would have split like the Titanic, with the weight of that section falling forward like the Titanic in the movie "Titanic". Some must have died from heart attacks before the plane hit the ground. I think I would have.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:30 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,555,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I was thoroughly disgusted, especially when Khadaffi was murdered.
As was I.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
As was I.
What good!

A democrat and Republican agreeing against the government propaganda line.

This is progress.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:36 AM

1,675 posts, read 578,679 times
They next country to get "democracy" and "peace" is Iran.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoCziOym5S0

Old 10-05-2018, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
They next country to get "democracy" and "peace" is Iran.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoCziOym5S0
I don’t think it’ll happen, they’re all talk.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:45 AM

39,889 posts, read 26,566,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
As Tripoli Fighting Intensifies, Many Libyans See Leaving As Their Only Option - The Media Line

Seriously this is horrible and something the right and left wing press refuse to report on. The only article I read about it from the MSM is the Washington Post calling for more western intervention (which is propaganda to the max).

How many here supported the illegal attacks on Libya, don't lie, be honest. How many of you stood by as republicans and democrats rooted for the war and claimed to being doing it for the Libyan people. Well these people are suffering because of you and your refusal to stand up and instead play partisan politics.
Sorry-but this war was ALL Obama (and Hillary), with virtually no support from Republicans. Obama was never called on his war-mongering by the left, let alone by the press. Now-just how many attacks have been launched on Libya since Trump took office? There may well be some that I'm not aware of.

The previous "attacks" on Libya occurred 30 years ago in direct response to a terrorist attack that killed innocent Americans, and was focused on Gaddafi and limited number of military targets. They were not the unprovoked, unjustified, widespread attacks on civilian areas aimed at regime change initiated by the Obama administration.

We need to stay out of Libya now-no troops, no support. What is going on now is in the hands of the people of the Middle East. Not our country, not American citizens, not our problem. Not worth US taxpayer dollars, let alone the life of an American serviceman. We need to resist the call to go in and "fix" things yet again. We really should start to learn from our mistakes, such as Iraq.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 10-05-2018 at 06:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies