Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 06:10 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
If you can't tell the difference between a 'job interview' and a well-orchestrated hit-job interrogation by people who opposed you from the day your name was mentioned, called you and you're supporters evil and the worst nightmare, and will never change their minds, you'll stoop to any bulloney narrative to follow the party line.

They don't understand a job interview would have consisted of Trump interviewing him and he would or would not be appointed.
Not this political fiasco, held in front of 101 Jurist, in the court of public opinion.

This was no job interview. It was a hitjob from the beginning. Planned since Nov. 9th, 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 06:17 AM

9,436 posts, read 5,197,344 times
What is doxing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

I seriously doubt that I could have said it better, myself.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Not true, and you know it. We have seen more of his record than for any other past nominee. What we have seen shows he is competent, fair, upholds the Constitution (which is the job of a judge) and has a thorough knowledge of the law. My God, the guy quoted from the Federalist papers from memory, citing the author and the number.

Why do you think there is something hidden that would reveal a different man than the one we know? This shows you are simply parroting the Leftists who tried everything to delay his confirmation, some even wanting to investigate his high school yearbook comments! The absurdity of the Democrats show they are not qualified to be in charge of our government. They are going to pay for what they have done.

He is not a Marxist Activist, that's for sure.

I think they fear he fully understands what, "Shall not be infringed" & what "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution" means.
Constitutional Textualist, are the biggest fear of Communism and Anarchist.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:21 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
Excellent factual analysis. Executive privilege is a necessary privilege of any president. Has it been abused in the past? Sure. It is not a given, however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Has he not provided more documents than any other justice? Has he answered more question than all other SC justices than ever before?

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/09/0...ents-released/

Facts.....

Old 10-07-2018, 06:21 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Will he/she get the lynch mob treatment like Kavanaugh?"

Don't know, but we DO know the dems are holding up EVERY SINGLE JUDGESHIP nominee as long as they can.

I think they believe if they hold them up long enough and retake the Senate they can CONTINUE get liberal judges on the court.

Liberal judge's is how they have gotten so many things changed.

They COULDN'T do it through legislation so they went the court route KNOWING their liberal judges would do their bidding, and they HAVE!
Your comments aren't based on reality as the senate is pushed through district and appeals court nominees at a record pace in 2017. There were around 170 court vacancies at the end of Obama's term because McConnell went into a stall.

What have liberal judges changed in the last 8 years, what specifically have they ruled on that you think will be treated differently with this court. Maybe same sex marriage which impacts you not one bit, anything else.

The GOP sued over EPA regulations, the ACA and did everything in their power to fight just about anything Obama so your claim that liberal judges would do his bidding is completely backwards. The Red states sued over the ACA subsidies and won, and then guess what, Trump won and there was a collective Un-Oh what do we do now. They settled because they are now in power and never had an inkling of a replacement plan.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Your comments aren't based on reality as the senate is pushed through district and appeals court nominees at a record pace in 2017. There were around 170 court vacancies at the end of Obama's term because McConnell went into a stall.

What have liberal judges changed in the last 8 years, what specifically have they ruled on that you think will be treated differently with this court. Maybe same sex marriage which impacts you not one bit, anything else.

The GOP sued over EPA regulations, the ACA and did everything in their power to fight just about anything Obama so your claim that liberal judges would do his bidding is completely backwards. The Red states sued over the ACA subsidies and won, and then guess what, Trump won and there was a collective Un-Oh what do we do now. They settled because they are now in power and never had an inkling of a replacement plan.

The Bundy Trial proved in court, by the federal prosecutors own admission, they do not go by the Constitution, and could not defend their actions against the text of the Constitution.

EYES WIDE OPEN!

Old 10-07-2018, 06:28 AM

9,436 posts, read 5,197,344 times
I am appalled and disheartened. I mean, really, where do we go as a nation? The chasm is deep and wide. I don't feel like I can express an honest opinion about anything without suffering some type of repercussion.

And I consider myself a reasonable person willing to have thoughtful discussions. However, I live in a far left wing state and most everyone is in hyperdrive over this matter, too emotional and often uninformed to have a truly meaningful discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I am not sure about the "absolutely enjoy hating each other."

While some are celebrating getting their guy on the Supreme Court and appear to enjoy insulting those who think he is a poor choice, others are appalled at what is going on in our nation. Little enjoyment involved.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"We have seen his character on full display the last few weeks"

ANYBODY who was crucified as he was and DIDN'T "go off" would NOT be a human being and worthy of serving on the SC.

"He has been a partisan over the years" NOT according the ABA and EVERY other group of lawyers.

I bet you think dem appointed judges are NOT partisan.

If you believe that, I have bridge to sell you.

Of course we KNOW you are OK with LIBERAL partisan judges.
I think when a judge states "what goes around comes around" you should listen to his words.
The ABA rating are purely judicial qualifications, he worked for Ken Starr and also inside the Bush administrations not to mention his views on presidential impeachment and abortion. I disagreed with Scalia but I didn't find him to be a political animal like Kavanaugh.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Bundy Trial proved in court, by the federal prosecutors own admission, they do not go by the Constitution, and could not defend their actions against the text of the Constitution.

EYES WIDE OPEN!
That's why we have impartial judges as was the case in the Bundy trial, you and others painted her as a liberal activist and in the end she ruled against the federal prosecutors. Judges are a check and balance, it worked as designed.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:36 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
What is doxing?
It's when someone's identity is held in confidence ..but then is exposed with further data to identify them . Such as birth name ...date of birth. Schooling . Or home address. Usually thru a third party . Unsure the relevance of your question. Can you expand upon it?

On topic::yup I'm none too pleased with the gloating part of republicans getting over on the dems.
I seriously gained a smidgen of respect for Republicans. .. (minus Trump). But let it go Republicans. ...the dems are going to take lessons from you ...

I've actually been depressed in this recent antics ...I seriously cannot embrace any Democrat that spewed such transparent vitrol to a learned man who's career was on the line. Brett was poised and passionate. I cannot imagine how he maintained control. I am not a violent person but Blumenthal, Booker, Harris and hirino were high on my list for getting slapped with a wet noodle. I take it they have no mirrors in their homes..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies