Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 08:58 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,220,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
We’re angry because the idiot in office has no respect for anyone that doesn’t agree with him. He mocks everything we stand for. He thrives on the suffering of others. He gaslights the country with so much misinformation. His supporters cheer him on as he destroys this country. We are the laughing stock around the world.

He could be changing policies like he is doing now while trying to unite us. Instead anything that is wrong is the fault of the Democratic Party. It is infuriating, no one holds this man accountable for his actions.

What is it that "we" stand for ? Please be specific.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 08:59 AM

10,034 posts, read 9,518,755 times
Quote:
We’re angry because the idiot in office has no respect for anyone that doesn’t agree with him. He mocks everything we stand for. He thrives on the suffering of others. He gaslights the country with so much misinformation. His supporters cheer him on as he destroys this country. We are the laughing stock around the world.

He could be changing policies like he is doing now while trying to unite us. Instead anything that is wrong is the fault of the Democratic Party. It is infuriating, no one holds this man accountable for his actions.
As he destroys this country? Exactly how is he destroying the country? Economy is strong and unemployment is at a 49 year low. Even if you don’t think he deserves the credit, how is he exactly destroying the country?

Old 10-07-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
I would agree, if he had said: "I don't remember doing this, but I was drinking heavily back in those days, so I can't say for certain that her claims are false. If I did assault her, then I am extremely sorry." Etc. But that is not what he did.

It seems possible that he was basically committing perjury in front of the Senate. And that is different than a 36 year old crime.

But, worst of all, the Senators rammed the confirmation through without a full FBI investigation. If there really wasn't any evidence to worry about, then why rush it so much? Why not give the FBI an extra week or two to follow up on all of the credible leads?
This is the new mantra - not a full FBI investigation. Bull. He's in - you lost - it's over. He will make a fine SC justice.

You should listen to Sen. Collins speech - reasoned, intelligent and thoughtful.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:03 AM

34,078 posts, read 17,129,438 times
Quote:

It seems possible
It's possible I will win Megamillions.

News flash: In America, we act on the proven, not on the possible.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-07-2018 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 10-07-2018, 09:05 AM

18,490 posts, read 8,314,397 times
Quote:
I'm curious to know how supporters and opponents of Kavanaugh would feel if, over the next few months, some strong evidence comes to light,
I hear Avenatti has evidence Kavanaugh was involved in a child sex trafficking ring...........
....and Maxine Waters was one of the children

Old 10-07-2018, 09:06 AM

10,034 posts, read 9,518,755 times
Quote:

As he destroys this country? Exactly how is he destroying the country? Economy is strong and unemployment is at a 49 year low. Even if you don’t think he deserves the credit, how is he exactly destroying the country?

Old 10-07-2018, 09:13 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,915,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Not me. I'm a supporter of Brett, but it's over.

Time to move on to Ruth retiring next.
I can't see Baby Ruth giving up without a fight, I'm sure she has instructed her survivors to do whatever it takes to keep her alive until the crooked dems can regain power, even if it means keeping her on life support in a coma for the next 6 to 14 years.
I wish her a long, healthy life, but from all appearances, I don't see how she can possibly remain awake for six more years, which would place her age at 92 by the time the amazing Mr T leaves office..

Old 10-07-2018, 09:14 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,517,107 times
Quote:
I would agree, if he had said: "I don't remember doing this, but I was drinking heavily back in those days, so I can't say for certain that her claims are false. If I did assault her, then I am extremely sorry." Etc. But that is not what he did.

It seems possible that he was basically committing perjury in front of the Senate. And that is different than a 36 year old crime.

But, worst of all, the Senators rammed the confirmation through without a full FBI investigation. If there really wasn't any evidence to worry about, then why rush it so much? Why not give the FBI an extra week or two to follow up on all of the credible leads?
Thank goodness he didn't take advice from you What you suggest would become:

'In my drunken stupors, I may have assaulted her, and who knows how many other women. If I did assault anyone, I'm extremely sorry, and thank the ones who have not accused me of assault. Etc.'

He wasn't at that supposed party and did not assault her.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:19 AM

as so often happens here on CD - emotional liberals make accusations -- for which we ask for facts or more information to back it up -- and the poster never responds.

this whole thing started with a last minute hit by the dems.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:20 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
That's the plan they have - Impeach the President and Impeach Justice Kavanaugh.

They the Leftist Press, former TeamObama and all the dems and Leftists will be crying about " Republicans, Deplorables and President Trump are "tearing this Country apart with their incivility.

Of course these idjits really think "Impeachment Hearings" are not going to "tear this country apart'.
It's a SURE THING that is exactly what they WILL do if the Democrats win back the House.

Their Mob won't allow they to do otherwise. Some are even campaigning on it.
Well, ya'll didn't seem to worry about too much when Clinton was in office. It was all fine and dandy then.

Since Trump has already divided this country more than I have seen it in my lifetime; I don't believe there is anything democrats can do to make it worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies