Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 07:34 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,985,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Exactly! Contrary to popular belief among liberals and pro-choicers, most of the citizens of this country have accepted Roe v. Wade. And while many of us have strong opinions on the subject, including myself, I have no desire to see it overturned.

What are the chances that someone will file a lawsuit about the issue, and take it all the way to the SC? I hope those who are wailing about the issue realize that that is the ONLY way RvW can be overturned! BK can not arbitrarily do it by himself, it must come before the entire Court. Such a lawsuit will take literally years to make its way all the way up to the SC. Most of us will likely be dead before it ever gets there, IF somebody has the time and money to begin the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 07:41 AM

20,152 posts, read 9,043,504 times
all scare tactics perpetuated by the talking heads on MSNBC and CNN. There will always be people gullible and dumb enough to believe their brand of the truth.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:47 AM

18,478 posts, read 8,303,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is next. Men need not apply and I doubt any would. .
Need to nominate Hillary...maybe we can finally get her investigated

Old 10-07-2018, 07:51 AM

11,354 posts, read 16,719,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Someone is BUTT HURT...........................

Nope, needs to stay a sticky for a while longer, show the true hatred of the left and how unhinged they are.
Not me. I'm a supporter of Brett, but it's over.

Time to move on to Ruth retiring next.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:52 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,039,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I'm not too disturbed about Kavanaugh. The Repubs were bound to get someone horrible in, one way or another. If K had been voted down, the next one may have been worse. This way, Kavanaugh is in, but he is very much injured. He is known now to be partisan, by his own remarks. He is unable to be even handed and unbiased, by his own admission. Its all down there in the transcripts. He is known, as reported by many who knew him, to be of weak and salacious character, the product of a privileged, entitled background. We will see how he develops, but he certainly does not enter the Court as a strong justice, and certainly will not be thought of as a justice with moral rectitude and integrity.
There is so much about this post that illustrates the difficulty of the left to distinguish between opinion and fact. It also points to an entirely partisan view shared by too many in the Democratic party, which is naive at best, long-term damaging for the party at worst.

Did you know Garland & Kavanaugh share a 93% vote agreement?

Weak and salacious character, "reported by many who knew him"..... keep on keepin' on. Thank you for helping the right with comments like that. Those of us who were in the middle for years and years are inching to the right with every ridiculous stunt & slanderous move the left makes. I swear, it's almost as though you can't help yourselves.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:53 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,603,038 times
In way, it’s good that this happened to Kavanaugh. He knows now first hand the importance of getting a fair hearing, innocent until proven guilty, and the length to which the government will go sometimes to ruin someone. I hope he brings this experience with him to the court.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:54 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,009,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I am appalled and disheartened. I mean, really, where do we go as a nation? The chasm is deep and wide. I don't feel like I can express an honest opinion about anything without suffering some type of repercussion.

And I consider myself a reasonable person willing to have thoughtful discussions. However, I live in a far left wing state and most everyone is in hyperdrive over this matter, too emotional and often uninformed to have a truly meaningful discussion.
I agree, except thankfully I don't live in a far left wing state.

But even so, emotions are running too high for me regarding politics. For instance, my best friend is more liberal than I am, and her husband is too. However, she and I can discuss politics without ever getting nasty or mad at each other. Well, we were talking on the phone the other day and her husband was in the background. Her college professor husband, a guy with a degree in psychology, a teacher, a very professional man who is now about 68 years old. Anyway, he knows that I'm pretty conservative and that my husband is even moreso. He began YELLING in the background, he was so mad - and ranting and raving about "the IDIOTS WHO VOTED FOR TRUMP" and "the STUPID PEOPLE WHO ARE HIS BASE!" (knowing that my husband voted for Trump and that we are both pretty conservative) - honestly, his reaction was so over the top and so emotional that it upset both my friend and me. He didn't care who he offended, he didn't care if he sounded unhinged - it was like "the gloves are off."

And this was before the confirmation. It's a shame for me to be literally afraid to go over to my friend's house just because of this stuff, but I don't want to set her husband off or to put her in an awkward position. She and I have disagreed over a lot of politics for years without a bit of anger, but her husband is now taking it to the next level, as so many other people seem to be doing.

I don't like it a bit.

I want civility back. And to those who say "Well, Trump sets the tone" my memory isn't that short. I have no problem remembering the ruthless, classless manner in which Democrats under Obama went in for the kill when they were in the majority. I have no problem recalling the crass behavior of both the Clintons. And those are recent events - don't even get me started on lesser figures or earlier scandals.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:54 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,760,041 times
Exclamation Lindsey Graham “The **** ***** drunk was Kavanaugh”

In an interview Graham stated “I think roles were reversed. The **** ***** drunk was Kavanaugh”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...graham-n917446

Our elected officials ladies and gentlemen. This man needs to be voted out of office. I only wish we didn’t have to wait until 2020.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:55 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,405,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
In way, it’s good that this happened to Kavanaugh. He knows now first hand the importance of getting a fair hearing, innocent until proven guilty, and the length to which the government will go sometimes to ruin someone. I hope he brings this experience with him to the court.
Well, aren't YOU smart!

Old 10-07-2018, 07:56 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,603,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Not me. I'm a supporter of Brett, but it's over.

Time to move on to Ruth retiring next.
As crazy as that sounds to some, it might not be a bad idea. Trump is a deal man. She should agree to retire if he lets her have some say in her replacement. Otherwise she runs the risk of being replaced with no say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies