Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 06:37 AM

46,326 posts, read 27,157,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I am appalled and disheartened. I mean, really, where do we go as a nation? The chasm is deep and wide. I don't feel like I can express an honest opinion about anything without suffering some type of repercussion.

And I consider myself a reasonable person willing to have thoughtful discussions. However, I live in a far left wing state and most everyone is in hyperdrive over this matter, too emotional and often uninformed to have a truly meaningful discussion.

Move to fly over country, really....

We still have the ability to talk, reason, and most importantly listen to others, no matter what side you are on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 06:41 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That's why we have impartial judges as was the case in the Bundy trial, you and others painted her as a liberal activist and in the end she ruled against the federal prosecutors. Judges are a check and balance, it worked as designed.
She was and still is a liberal activist judge.
A person with absolutely no political or legal experience was able to make her look political, just by reading the text of the Constitution. The constitution she tried to have denied as evidence.

Must watch!
Hilarious Media Circus over this fabricated smear in the court of public opinion!

https://www.real.video/5845079647001

Old 10-07-2018, 07:12 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,074,248 times
Congratulations to Justice Kavanaugh. I wish healing for him and his family.

When I watch those rabid women on TV, I cannot help but think, where is their ability to think things through as sane, mature, functional individuals--in a rational manner? They're just blowing off/acting out with pure emotion--ranting, raving, yelling, who needs it? I saw a YouTube video of a woman who grabbed another group's signs and ripped them up and she had no right to do that. So toxic and negative. It doesn't solve anything. I think these women are very mentally disturbed, very ill. I don't associate myself with women much anymore these days. I don't need that toxicity in my life.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:14 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,517,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think when a judge states "what goes around comes around" you should listen to his words.
The ABA rating are purely judicial qualifications,
he worked for Ken Starr and also inside the Bush administrations not to mention his views on presidential impeachment and abortion. I disagreed with Scalia but I didn't find him to be a political animal like Kavanaugh.
False. The ABA rating includes integrity, judicial temperament, and character:

“We concluded that his integrity, judicial temperament, and professional competence met the highest standards for appointment to the court,” said Paul T. Moxley of Salt Lake City, the chair of the committee. “Our rating of unanimously well-qualified reflects the consensus of his peers who have knowledge of his professional qualifications.”

John R. Tarpley of Nashville, the standing committee’s representative for the Cincinnati-based 6th U.S. Court of Appeals and the lead evaluator, said the panel found that Kavanaugh “enjoys an excellent reputation for integrity and is a person of outstanding character. It was clear from all or our interviews and all of the other evidence that he learned the importance of integrity from a very early age.”

ABA testifies on 'well qualified' rating: Kavanaugh has 'an excellent reputation for integrity'

At the time of his nomination, his interviews with Senators, his hearings, Kavanaugh was unquestionably well-qualified for the SC. In fact, during his time as a federal judge, his rating went UP.

What changed ? The unfounded allegations by Ford and a few of his comments during the 9/27 Inquisition.

Be honest. You despise his Republican party background and fear he might be the deciding vote in opinions you oppose. The rest is poppycock.

Finally, I took his 'what goes around comes around' comment as reference to unproven allegations might some day be directed at those who were using them against him. Karma ?

Old 10-07-2018, 07:17 AM

6,739 posts, read 4,428,499 times
Regardless who won. The system is broken. While the world laughs at us, and we carry on like a fish flopping around on dry land.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:24 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,535,603 times
Here was what should of happened.

Feinstein gives the letter to Republicans and FBI when she gets it . As part of their background check , the FBI ask all involved with the allegation discretely. The FBI finds nothing like they ultimately did. The senators ask questions to kavanaugh in their private hearing. Fords name never becomes public . The allegation never becomes public. Fords privacy remains. Kavanaughs family is spared this horrible ordeal. We dont get all the crazy fake accusations that follow since this isnt made public .

None of this happened. Because the dems wanted to delay the process, they waited until after the background check and instead leaked to the public. They ruined Ford and kavanaughs life to delay confirmation. They caused this circus. They are a__holes

Old 10-07-2018, 07:26 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,799,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The fat lady has sang. Brett Kavanaugh is now a Supreme Court Justice.
Sung.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is next. Men need not apply and I doubt any would. I prefer someone who is not Catholic or Jewish. They are way over represented already. Budhists or Muslims are OK, for example.

Would women's groups oppose a Muslim? Republican Muslims, I mean. They don't have any problems with Democrat ones.

Someone who isn't in the Harvard/Yale clique. There're plenty of good colleges: Chicago, Stanford, Duke, smaller colleges maybe, etc.

Someone who doesn't live within 200 miles of New York, who has experienced another part of the country. Santomyor said Hispanics view law differently than others. The same can be said for mid-Westerners and Great Plains folks.

A person who went to public school and lived to tell about it would be nice.

BTW, Ginsburg was a lawyer for the ACLU. A red diaper baby by all accounts. Anyone to the right of Trotsky would shift the court rightwards.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:26 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,585,626 times
Democrats with their mob rule, their encouragement of violence toward any opposing views, their character assasinating, dividing us up and creating tensions over race/gender/religion, and their guilty until proven innocent agenda have revealed a scary vision for the future If they take over congress in November midterms.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:27 AM

2,984 posts, read 1,170,137 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJT-tc-iKas

Old 10-07-2018, 07:33 AM

24,438 posts, read 23,103,140 times
We win another one thanks to " Mr. T"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies