Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Voters turn against Republicans becuase of Kavanaugh ?
Yes 49 25.39%
No 144 74.61%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 07:29 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I think this will bolster Trump and GOP quite a bit.
Hmm. The old folks got quite a sugar high today. But like all sugar highs, the crash comes quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Republicans won't let some losers turn this country into a banana republic.
That's exactly what you've been doing since 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
What would be the reasoning behind that? Nothing was proven or substantiated. So, why would women come out in droves? What would they be voting for or against? Please explain.
Did you watch the POTUS mocking a woman who came forward with her story of sexual assault? Believe her or don't believe her - the sight and sound of the kitty grabber mocking her pissed women off a great deal. Even the mildest of women that I know were infuriated at his behavior.

So, yeah, I think they will come out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 07:39 PM

5,070 posts, read 2,279,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
I highly doubt it will change the vote of people that are already registered in either the Democratic or Republican Party. The vast majority of people swinging their vote are independents, who will likely vote more Democratic this midterm season because it's considered a Democratic wave year. You may find the opposite effect too. More Democrats may be angered enough to show up and vote. More Republicans may be annoyed at how Senate Democrats have handled the hearings and show up and vote. Anger is the biggest reason why people show up and vote. It's an emotion we can't always control.
Yep. That would be me, and it will be a big indisposition, but I'll do it anyway. You don't just abandon due process. Plus, I like Lou Barletta. He may not have much of a chance against incumbent Casey, but I'll be doing my part.

And, BTW, I'm a woman.

Old 10-06-2018, 07:42 PM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Will Republicans pay with votes for the Kavanaugh mess next month ? Will voters come out to show their displeasure with trump and the republicans dismissal of Kavanaugh's lying under oath?
The brown shirt mob rule Nazi leftist intimidation tactics by the Dims have ensured a Republican win next month...thanks Demonics.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:00 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I think women voters will come out in droves except for the doormat ones with a (R) next to their name.
No, many women also care about presumption of innocence, evidence, burden of proof, etc, and would not want such accusations without evidence to damage their fathers, sons, and husbands.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:17 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Everybody is just spinning here either pro-Republican or pro-Democrat. Here's the honest, objective truth: both sides are equally motivated, both sides are very fired up. Enthusiasm is very high on both sides. A recent Marist poll showed 82% of Dems and 80% of Repubs believed the upcoming election was "very important."

The big "IF" for November is turnout. Repubs are reliable voters, Dems are not. If Dems are motivated and actually show up to the polls, then will do well. But high Democrat turnout doesn't happen very often. We'll see.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:47 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
i dont see what the big deal is, they voted party lines like they do on everything, for years. We could of had this done in couple hours instead of weeks> Hey guys, here joe blow, vote. Its always party lines. a congress of two people, the leaders of each party

Old 10-06-2018, 08:49 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
As a moderate who gets to listen to the locals everyone was basically trashing the democrats the whole time. If anything this whole mess strengthened the party, in that it will likely get moderates voting republican and increase republican voter turnout.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:51 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
This sounds like the same crap you guys were spewing after Trump won.

Every GOP victory is the last one.

LOL that's true--and the funniest thing I've read all day!

Old 10-06-2018, 08:56 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
The Republicans have been placated by the confirmation of Kavanaugh for now.
I do believe that the anger on the side of our better half will show up at the polls in great numbers.
Real women are angry.
I'm a real woman and I'm not angry. I'm gratified and relieved. As are many other women that I know. You and I apparently travel in different circles.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:47 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Hmm. The old folks got quite a sugar high today. But like all sugar highs, the crash comes quickly.

That's exactly what you've been doing since 2016.

Did you watch the POTUS mocking a woman who came forward with her story of sexual assault? Believe her or don't believe her - the sight and sound of the kitty grabber mocking her pissed women off a great deal. Even the mildest of women that I know were infuriated at his behavior.

So, yeah, I think they will come out.
See,I feel the same way . I feel the Dems took trump to lightly in 2016 and the republicans think they have the mid terms locked up....I think it will be a surprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies